Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

I see we are back to derailing the thread ... how pleasant :)

OT:

I would like the ability to sit on chairs / benches :D ( I'm serious ) .

Edited by Maio

I see we are back to derailing the topic ... how pleasant :)

OT:

I would like the ability to sit on chairs / benches :D ( I'm serious ) .

I want ArmA3 in the store tomorow? I'm serious to but it will only be for me :rolleyes: derailing hahaha :D

My wich list was already out their i think i will already be happy with how bis brings their stuff, maybe the UI i was talking about and the tutorials for those that still need guidance who knows ;-) i think ill just going to sit in a corner and wait like a little kid waiting on hes precent. I want it!

kind tegards

Edited by KBourne

Active Ragdoll Simulation

Hi PurePassion,

I think this would be very good, a game changer in my point of view, active rag-doll would be amazing, I'll quote myself from earlier.

Hi all,

I really have high hopes for the animation system and here goes some suggestions:

• Blending from Rag-doll poses - Imagine getting shot on a leg while running down a hill or some stairs, the non-lethal hit would make the unit fall down in rag-doll mode, then a animation from that pose would come in and make the character ready again.
  • Active Rag-doll - Using my example above, when a unit is hit in a way that it would fall down or whatever but still conscious the unit should go into rag-doll mode although keeping a alive feel to it, like blending a agony animation on top of the rag-doll one,
    is an example of what I mean.
  • Multiple action animations - For actions such as pick up a weapon or anything else from open backpack, see watch, compass, gps should have proper animations and should be located in the 3D model.

_neo_

Disposable launchers should be disposable.. Would be cool if you character when using binoculars... That you would see him sling the weapon on his side or pull out the binoculars with one hand... And being able to equip the character with different magnifications of binoculars/hand scopes...

I'm going to repeat the thing that when caught under rotorwash and not wearing your goggles you character should splutter or vision should blur like with the original ballistic addon studios blackhawk..

Det chord to clear patches of forest would be amazing......

Kinda random, but I would love the ability to change the generic "1-1-A, 1-1-B, etc" callsigns that are automatically assigned to playable units to whatever I want. Seen at ready/unit selection screen and ingame as radio callsigns.

For instance, instead of a boring 1-2-G that means nothing at all other than what order the unit was placed in the editor, I'd like to name it Crossroad.

Edit: Add this to the above :D

Well, you can use setGroupID to rename them within game communication. And you can use the Description field to rename the units on the slots page, so you "kinda" can, but not as well as you'd like.

Maybe make setGroupID execute pre-game or add a new group description field or something.

Edited by Grimes [3rd ID]

but when it breakes every logical point and sounds immature, believe me, that makes other forums members nervous.

lol

FPDR

I would like to see the comeback of these.

MOHAA,OFP,BF1942,RO... all of them have something like. Isn´t a big thing, but just adds to the game.

Also get rid of ArmA 2 fatigue system. It's not fun running 5 meters and being exhausted and you cannot control your weapon. I ve played airsoft with full equipment and a very heavy gun and it's not like this for sure. ArmA 1 fatigue system is perfect. Go back in this one.

I find shooting in real life is much more difficult than in arma anyway due to lack in stability without somethign to rest on, sometimes even when prone.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

on the topic of wounds, please update the first post with the stuff here, as the current suggestion is unlikely to happen and this new suggestion keeps gameplay realistic yet simple and easy for BIS to make:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=119415

Also not everyone liked the idea of complex medical treatment either so this simple system should please everyone :)

I find shooting in real life is much more difficult than in arma anyway due to lack in stability without somethign to rest on, sometimes even when prone.

Well, in my armydays we would tell the recr that F&M is cruisial...

Fire and Movement..Allways lead in the air..

Then someone says, "Hey how am i supp to hit anything?"

Then we would say, "Your not supposed to".

Controled fire is when prone or with weapon rested..

Sure you can hit targets standing up too but it is WAY harder.

And should be ingame aswell.

Fatigue systems is also vital for the realismaspect.

But sure, 5m is hilarious.

All this said my #1 on my list is:

BIGGER MAPS

PLEEEEEEASE

I read somewhere last time that arma3 will have a campaign that you can roam around and do multiple dynamic missions while getting to your main objective.

I would love to see a mission where my AI will upgrade and gain experience like in OFP resistance while freely choosing which mission i want to do (GTA style?)

But to make this interesting, it will be great if BIS can do a mission/module that we can easily integrate our user made mission to it (like attaching a mod or something, there are tons of it already in the download section). That way any user made missions can be added to it in the future making it to have really high replay value.

This is the original idea but the scope seem kinda big for arma2 http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=111114&page=17

Original Post :

I have an idea for a mission or maybe as a Single Player RPG.

It's a game where your AI soldiers have the ability to level up gaining better accuracy and response time.

Missions can be randomly generated with difficulty rating shown on map so Player can choose which difficulty mission he's able to do with his current army/soldiers.

Player soldiers will be bought at poll similar like warfare. One major difference is that barracks will only provide fresh green recruits. But your soldier will have the ability to level up base on his kills and participation in missions. Accuracy and response time will level up accordingly making you will want to try to keep all your soldiers alive as much as possible because nothing can buy experience. This way you will always have a nice mix of fresh recruits and veterans in your squad.

Completing missions or by killing will generate money or income for you to further upgrade your soldiers or the capability to upgrade your HQ to provide better equipment and weapons.

well lets just say it will be like warfare for single player but with soldiers that will get better after each kills and mission completion. So a commander job will be getting their units to the field and getting them back alive like a real comm supposed to be. And you will need to manage their ammo and weapons too and by coming back to HQ to refill your lost units and rearm. Ability to attach fix emplacement will be nice, dragging that expensive guns for your ambush mission and etc.

So as a commander your main job will be to complete your missions while keeping as many of your subordinate alive to keep their experience growing making them a bad ass unit in longer time.

Because missions are generated randomly you will have a perfectly nice sandbox game with high replay value. Having a soldier roster showing his name, kills, mission completion and ranks will be useful.

It's unlucky we still dont have a proper moral system or it can be included and your green recruits will cower in terror when their commander makes a wrong recon assessment and went against a T90 with green troops. (Remember hiding in a camp when the ground shakes with the sound of tank tracks getting near? >=P)

Missions can include random patrols or surprise missions with unknown difficulty status to add some spice to it. Because money are gained only by mission completions and kills, equipment and vehicles are valuables. If a player will rambo and kill all the enemy by himself, his soldiers wont gained any experience >=3

edit

Commander upgrade tree can be like this and some other pointers.

1. comm -> 4 AI -> 8 -> 12 ->16 -> 2 Team leader -> 3 -> etc

2. Vehicles -> light transport -> light armed -> etc

3. Soldier Upgrade - increase accuracy/response time/weapons load out

4. Comm can respawn on mobile HQ or ambu (so player will not get sick of spawning at base XD)

5. Soldiers injured will transport to ambu and need to transport to base to stay in medical tent at base until recover (maybe after 2-3 mission) or

6. Injured soldiers will automatically transport to ambu or hospital to prevent tedious function of saving them on site (cause doing repetitive thing like that is boring, but you can add thefunction for anyone that prefer realism to the max =) )

7. Comm will be able to buy soldiers at base and manage their poll, replacing injured units with fresh recruits while letting injured veterans heal at field hospital.

8. Soldiers will DIE, but randomly. (No you dont get to resurrect them cause it's not a medieval RPG game. lawl)

Missions can consist of any random stuffs from

Easy - 1 to 4 man team

1. disabling mines on road

2. painting targets for air strike

3. sniper missions

4. steal the car (lol)

5. repair friendly units on hot zone

6. deliver supplies

ETC

Medium - 8 to 16 man team

1. Ambush enemy convoy

2. attacking enemy outpost

3. attack and more attack missions

4. arty missions

Hard - 2 Platoon - 4 platoon

1. supporting major attack

2. Air support

3. Any medium operation

etc

Extreme

1. Frontal assault on enemy line

2. Defending forward base from enemy attack

3. Using ICBM =)

4. Aircraft SEAD missions

5. Air superiority missions

6. Defending air craft carrier

etc

Unknown (?)

1. throwing in some surprise elements for the courages ones, maybe will gain high bounty

2. Maybe an easy mine disabling mission but in the middle of a tank convoy route or something (surprise!)

etc

Some harder missions can be set through some randomly generated major action like WICT mod n etc, like completing missions while 2 major forces are clashing together.

So in summary

- do missions -> get money -> upgrade better equipment and more AI

- Keep AI alive -> Let them do the fighting -> much more bad ass AI for you to command

- Manage your AI through pools by adding them to your active group or letting them rest to heal.

- random missions can be a ripoff of all the smaller missions done by others =P

- OMG it's similar to Mount and Blade......

Since it's an RPG, i guess your AI is the one with options to upgrade , well maybe u can upgrade by the equipment you can carry i guess. So the mission will be repetitive and you can choose which one to do at the current moment

Well this is the idea and i hope it will provide some interesting gaming if someone would like to do it. maybe it can include MP option where your buddy can join in and become another commander or one of your units and you can still continue playing alone when they are not around.

You can make a new thread to get more feedback or ideas from other users too. You can even use the same concept for a Zombie mission!!

Damn, i'm willing to pay money for this kind of sandbox mission lol.

BIS make this into a DLC!!!!!

Have fun!

I dont mind if it's released as a dlc too.

1. 1 big map

2. Upgradable units experience base

3. Player gain more ranks with more kills or command points and can command more people and later on more squads

4. Any new community made missions can be added seamlessly into it and can be triggered by selecting at HQ or something.

5. Available mission list to be selected at HQ with difficulty stated on its side (remember F22 Total war by DID?)

6. HQ or MHQ for refit, tending wounded soldiers and requisition new recruits

7. Ability to make forward base which can be attacked if chosen by the player will be great (Arma2 already have this amazing features, now to get it to be enjoyed in SP!! I know everybody loves building base and deploying fix emplacements lol).

8. Random surprises!!

By doing 1 mission at a time, at least we can limit the resource so the game will not be a burden to the user PC. If the user PC can handle it maybe we can add the option for limited Dynamic activity (like in WICT mod) so player will get the feeling of being a part of something big.

what better way to play a new custom made mission especially when you get to upgrade your units while playing it!

It's RPG so any mission can be repeated by the player to train his units and gain experience but to make it interesting mission location can be randomly placed if possible.

pleeeezzzzz make this into a DLC, i promise i will be the 1st one to buy it!!!! XDD

another wishful thinking, adding female soldiers?

Of course i'm gonna make her my 2nd in command and train her to be really bad ass elite in my squad =P

With units survival as your primary objective i'm sure it will make you feel attached to your units and giving it a sense of comradeship and not just some AI clones that u left running alone on the road chasing after you in warfare lol.

PS: Oh you can also add multiplayer option where player can join in and choose to be any of the soldier in the group. So his/her friends can join in and assist the player in his game. (This kinda reminds me of the black suit agents in the matrix movie....)

Edited by gunso

Now that render-to-texture is possible, I'd like to find an ingame laptop that has a fully working Operation Flashpoint installed on it :D

Haven't seen an actual game within an actual game since Day of the Tentacle.

Haven't seen an actual game within an actual game since Day of the Tentacle.

That's exactly what I was thinking of :)

Now that render-to-texture is possible, I'd like to find an ingame laptop that has a fully working Operation Flashpoint installed on it :D

Hehe, OFP as a "minigame" would rock. :D

Failing that, at least some kind of OFP-related easter eggs.

Playing Arma 2: Firing Range in an ingame cell phone would be lulzworthy.

I often have a hard time getting units to attack their target with the correct weapon in ArmA2, sometimes they just fart about doing nothing, at worst they attack tanks with their rifles instead of their AT.

Perhaps what's needed is a more fine-grained option, so that as well as saying "unit X attack target Y" you could specify "unit X attack target Y using weapon Z" where weapon Z is a list of that unit's weapons.

Or you could just make them smart enough to realize you need AT to kill a tank...

Or you could just make them smart enough to realize you need AT to kill a tank...

Yes, but the flexibility is the thing. You could more easily get a unit to attack with a satchel charge for example instead of messing about with actions etc, or lay a mine in a particular spot.

Now that render-to-texture is possible, I'd like to find an in-game laptop that has a fully working Operation Flashpoint installed on it :D

At the very least BIS could make the laptop display Red River tacticool gameplay with Lenton. Maybe even make that laptop explode when you shoot the screen from the absurdity of the game :D

We definitely need some hidden (nerd) eastereggs for teh lulz. ( But since the team did something like this almost everytime i am confident)

I think some FPDR/RR persiflage would also be appreciated ;)

and you also have my vote for the firing range idea!

If the "heat haze" effect would be implemented, couldnt it also be used for water running down your diving goggles when you emerge from the water?

Uhh all those possibilities :)

At the very least BIS could make the laptop display Red River tacticool gameplay with Lenton. Maybe even make that laptop explode when you shoot the screen from the absurdity of the game :D

Tacticool, lol.

As Sion Lenton once said "Nice..."

Hi all, i wish to see in Arma 3 a really artificial intelligence.

Dear Santa Claus...

I would to see sniper on the roof, behind trees, fire across windows etc...

I would to see IA hide in building.

I would to see IA use more often offensive and defensive grenades, put mines, IED or satchel on the floor.

I would to see IA run like afraid man after shoots on his position and don't stay crouch on the grass.

I would to see IA shoots with reflex when you did a face to face in CQB.

When you shoot with sniper rifles, you kill an IA.The other IAs are afraid but maybe 3mn later, they come back and walk easy.

I would have a knife in my equipment, not for clean teeth !!! :-D

I know the IAs of Arma2 was better than Arma1,so maybe they will be better in the 3.

Please BIS, you can do it !

PS:Thanks read me ;-)