Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

i have ARMA 2 and now the best PVP is "Chernarus life", i will buy Arma3 only if more focused on PVP aspects and not for "Myrina life" (main city on Lemnos WIKIPEDIA)

See you on Arma 4 then?

What do you even mean by focusing on PvP aspects? :eek:

_neo_

See you on Arma 4 then?

What do you even mean by focusing on PvP aspects? :eek:

_neo_

maybe you have to read the post above

decrease the LAG

AAS standard mode with a more intuitive interface

disable the pathway AI on multiplayer = lag

some small Maps /islands non whenever , i have to load 400 km2 on RAM

The AI will not be removed, Lemnos will be large, AAS will not be the standard mode and custom maps and islands will still only be accessible only through mods. You can wish all you like, Zukov, but no sane person will listen to those wishes.

I'd still like to see multiple distructebility stages for vehicles based on impact with other objects and munitions.

ha ok, i hope in the INSANE persons

Improved netcoding so we don't lag and desync otherwise all the RTT and other features in the world I will not buy, and by the way I have been a player since OFP days and even bought an original xbox and OFP elite so i could play away from home, yeah I'm a big fan, BIS please fix lag issues online.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

@ZUkov if a game was made a,ong those guidelines it would be cool, but arma/ofp is not about pvp, it has an always will be mainly focusing on COOP with support for TvT objective battles in which it feels like COOP rather than standard PvP anyway. No offence but if that is what you want then arma/ofp isn't for you.

"Do this or I will not buy"

is such a great argument.

"I cannot figure out how to make even the most simple clotheared PvP mission. Cater to me or this will fail"

Is another great argument.

Edited by DMarkwick

[/color]@ZUkov if a game was made a,ong those guidelines it would be cool, but arma/ofp is not about pvp, it has an always will be mainly focusing on COOP with support for TvT objective battles in which it feels like COOP rather than standard PvP anyway. No offence but if that is what you want then arma/ofp isn't for you.

i repeat again, this thread is called "wishlist and ideas"

i put my wishes and i didn't forced anyone to be agree with me

i launch the "message in a bottle" and i hope that the developers put an eye on this thread

i repeat again, this thread is called "wishlist and ideas"

i put my wishes and i didn't forced anyone to be agree with me

i launch the "message in a bottle" and i hope that the developers put an eye on this thread

You can wish , but i can say the developers won't agree about your posts :p

decrease the LAG

Get a better connection? For you or for the server you have been playing? Or even better, get some proper, lag-free missions? I know there is always space for improvement engine wise, but haven't you heard that BIS is actually improving the netcode, confirmed by Lord Ivan?

AAS standard mode with a more intuitive interface

Standard mode? Have you heard of the mission editor and scripting possibilities?

disable the pathway AI on multiplayer = lag

:eek:

What about playing/making missions without AI? FPDR

some small Maps /islands non whenever , i have to load 400 km2 on RAM

Another thing that makes no sense at all!

You have a HUGE map, why not choose little locations in it?

_neo_

Ok people let's drop it . Zukov you made your point. We will see if PvP has been improved once the game is out .

Let's get back to sunshine and flowers .

You can wish , but i can say the developers won't agree about your posts :p

maybe and maybe not, you write the answers for BIS developers?

maybe and maybe not, you write the answers for BIS developers?

You're right, maybe we should wait for a developer to confirm whether or not they'll be taking all the AI out of the multiplayer game.

Or we could get back to the thread topic.

@DMarkWick Great point, I will reword it to better get my point accross and also make it clearer what I mean.

Arma and the old OFP are awesoem games with heaps of features, you spend hours and hours making stuff in the editor testing it to get it just right then you play multiplayer and boom, you lag so bad it is all unplayable. On good days lag might only stuff up a mission momentarilly, on bad days you can't kill a single enemy. If these major issues are not properlly addressed and not 100% fixed, BIS will lose its support for arma 3, which will be a huge shame because just like arma 2 and arma 1 before it, it looks like an awesome addition to the BIS milsim familly and is chocablocked with neat new features with plenty of potential, it would be a shame to see it go to waste.

Hopefully BIS is going to add a some swimming style eg freestyle (front crawl), backstroke, butterfly stroke and rescue swimming.

Would be nice if its possible to make stuff floatable ingame eg creating a homemade/custom raft out of wood (pallets), empty barrels...

Hi guys. These are my suggestion for A3.

Better inventory and weapon selection. Similar to ASC project but pre-mission with a 3D reworked menu system so weapon selection can become and enjoyable experience more than the mess it is now. For example a better sorting and filtering of the inventory is essential given the number of weapons the game has. Sorting by caliber, longitude, suitability for the type of mission, etc. With the attachment system integrated in the GUI and with all the information available from the armory section.

The Armory section is, in my opinion something that could be integrated in the pre-mission menu and a dispensable characteristic. Personally I would loved to see a concept similar what the

series is. What is enjoyable for many users of ArmA is not only firing weapons and driving vehicles but learning about them and the information that appears in the Armory is somewhat lacking for many of us. I've found myself, and many users may have done the same, browsing webpages finding additional information about the story of the development of the XM8 and Mk16 weapons for the U.S. army and found very interesting the OICW project. Or learning about the Abrahams history and performance in the "Desert Storm" operation. Those details may seem too technical for some users but let's face it: ArmA fans are there for the simulator side of the game. I'm sure the majority of us would appreciate something like this in game. And best of all it would not be hard for developers since they must do a lot of weapons and armory investigation themselves, why not share all that in game? With added videos (streaming if the vids are too much hdd consuming) to the ArmAlopedia if you will. That would be much appreciated. :D

Many weapons today allow caliber interchangeability with minors modification to the rifle platform like the

or the
. It would be great to add a proper support for that characteristic in-game for stealth operations and longer missions.

That Bohemia do as Egosoft has done in caring for their modding community and hire A.C.E. Development Team to help for their next release as Egosoft did with XTended Mod Team for X3: Reunion. Given they did such an outstanding job with their mod they were hired to help for the release of X3: Terran Conflict. And the result was a game with added quality, art and enthusiasm in its development. And that was instantly noted by their fans with an increase in the units sold of X3: TC.

This is a suggestion to the moderators and the starter of this thread. A voting system in this same thread in which the users can vote for the best suggestions and wishes and those be added in an edited first post of this thread for ease of consultation and readability by Bohemia developers. Those suggestions could be organized in a MySQL fashion and added to sites like Developer Heaven dot net ArmA modders community to be considered by experienced modders and added to mods prior ArmA3 release if eventually certain modders find some of those wishes useful and doable via mod.

Hope to read your view on these wishes soon :)

Edited by Mariscal

Different action keys for adjusting rate of fire and throwing grenades.

Also I agree with Zukov in most of his points. Some smaller islands, aas in the box(hire kju for mission making), warfare BE in the box(hire benny for mission making), better accesibility in multiplayer, lagless online experience.

Some of you guys must have a concussion or something because Lag-Free multiplayer is quite literally impossible.

There are so many factors that affect it. Plus as people have said over 9000 times, BIS IS working on the desync and lag, but don't expect it all to be magically acting as smooth as single player.

No game in the world has multiplayer that is lag free. A lot of games are good at hiding it to the naked eye (Bad Company 2), but those games all have noticeable lag while actually playing (Poor hit detection, delayed deaths, etc).

- Proper reload time per weapon (continued from the animation thread)

So that belt-fed weapons, re-loadable shoulder launched weapons, etc. take the same time to reload as would be expected in the real world. The desired effect being that it forces players to either provide covering fire for those that are reloading, or forces those reloading to find cover themselves until ready to re-enter the fight.

- A short tutorial campaign

Covering all/most game mechanics such as weapon handling, vehicle handling, navigation, small unit tactics and squad command at varying levels. This could be made up of (Captain) Scott Miller's training at different points in his career, from his basic training up to his first real battle.

You could also feature more specific mechanics in his SBS training, such as advanced weapon handling, how to call in artillery, how to control air assets, etc.

- More dramatic death sequences

So that when killed instantly, the screen snaps black and silent. Give the player a moment or so to take this onboard, then tell him he's died and proceed to show who killed him, OFP style. For less sudden deaths, let the player look around for a short time, have the sound fade away, the screen fade to black, etc. When killed in a vehicle, don't have the view snap to the centre of the vehicle, it looks really bad.

Edited by Daniel

Active Ragdoll Simulation

I actually think that active Ragdolls, meaning blending animations according to specific actions to ragdoll, should be number one priority regarding improved animations and ragdoll.

To evaluate this matter, you firstly have to face the question:

Why was the ragdoll system introduced?

To make it short:

• It adds an massive part to the realism
  • Enhancing the immersion
  • Next to that it's also simply awesome eye-candy

So to sum it up, the goal of ragdoll was to deliever a higher rate of realism and present a more reasonable response to the players actions.

But an non-active ragdoll does not meet these requirements.

To understand this point, you also have to understand the subjetc of interest:

The human Body itself

It is equipped with various reflexes made to protect vital parts of the body. Like raising your hands towards your head once you fall or the embryos position. Nevertheless, you also have to differentiate between lethal and non-lethal hits. Once a human is shot lethaly eg in his brain, these reflexes are not active anymore and he simply falls towards ground only affected by gravity.

But for an sucessful Ragdoll, this "affected by nothing but gravity" is not enough. What you dont want is body limbs twisting around in very unnatural ways. Therefore there is a need for an very basic skeleton and tendon system to prevent this problem. Another serious matter is how the body is affected by shots. What you want to prevent is bodies being pushed meters when they are hit. To solve these problems, you also have to take correct weight in count.

Summary

• Active Ragdoll with blended animations
  • Differentiate between lethal and non-lethal strikes in order to enable/disable the behaviour (meaning reflexes)
  • Basic skeleton and tendon system to prevent any unnatural movement of body limbs

Why should you focus on this matter?

Arma is primarily simulating infantry combat with various types of weapons. The goal is to neutralise hostile units and as a Player it is extremely important to see correct reactions to your actions. Therefore Ragdoll is an key aspect of sucessfully portraiting infantry combat and contributes an decisive part to an believable, realistic and immersive infantry combat simulation.

PP

Zukov, I have a friendly tip for you: rethink your statements at least a couple of times when you will be writing again and don't post completely illogical, sometimes even very silly wishes/suggestions, which stands against Arma/OFP series nature. I know you will sing your song again about 'personal opinion', but when it breakes every logical point and sounds immature, believe me, that makes other forums members nervous. "Jokes" aren't funny anymore.

Zukov, I have a friendly tip for you: rethink your statements at least a couple of times when you will be writing again and don't post completely illogical, sometimes even very silly wishes/suggestions, which stands against Arma/OFP series nature. I know you will sing your song again about 'personal opinion', but when it breakes every logical point and sounds immature, believe me, that makes other forums members nervous. "Jokes" aren't funny anymore.

if not?

please stay on topic if you want ........celery wrote, and I do...........and mind your own business

Edited by Zukov