Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Ps: there are already tickets on the CIT, but it's low priority for the developpers...

They're too busy making ice cream trucks for ArmA 3.

you guys dont understand BIS they dont care about us. They are making the game the way the want, cheap, and easy. They are making it look good on the surface because they know we will buy it regardless, and leave modders to the heavy work. dont believe me. look at Armaholic there are hundreds of addons all to fix what was wrong lacking, from Arma2

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Honestly money runs their company, the only reason arma 2 isnt a full sim of real life is because its only a 60 dollar game why would they put millions into reasearch for that little return?? dont believe me again, they why is bis which is built on arma 1 engine hundreds of times better and can do things u cant even do in arma 2? render to texture? better animations? better sounds? not being attached to a helicopter. point made

i guess you mean VBS? well becuase VBS is made by BIA not BIS, and is for the military, now why have a military trainer worth 1000's of dollars with all the bells and whistles when you can have a $60 civ game that does the exact same? Im sure it would be all a part of the military contract anyway... And yer, bis totaly dont care, thats why they release patches (beta patches) every goddamn week...

Hundreds of addon maybe but most of them are new toys anyway. And tell me other games that give you so so much possibility in what you can do?

honestly guys i hate to be pesemistic, but these wishlists are points less, what you saw at e3 is exactly what the game is going to be like. I Know i know, they are adding the new animations, but basically not interiors, get it out of your head 3d scopes, its ganna be same 2d overlay, no render to texture, its ganna be same blank screen of a texture. look at the camanche. the only reason they put it in there is because it a "new" aircraft, but realistically because its easy to make, its ganna remeain the same tab lock shoot. the same magic radar etc. honestly if u want a better game FORCE BIS to fix the engine and make it moldable as in allow everythign RTT (render to texture), FWT (fixed wing turrets), and set up a devoted mod creating community. modders are what make the game great. BIS just makes the game....

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

and they release patches to keep us playing and not swearing off the franchise because of how annoying the AI walking through walls become etc, im not saying they dont care as in theyll give us garbage, i mean they dont care as in, being realistic we are going to but the game no matter what so if they can give us a floating camera for 20 hours of work, why spent 50 hours making a RTT abhrams with working computers and damage textures, and 10 different rounds, for the same price? they know that the community will pic up theyre slack so they just make it look pretty on the sure and leave us to fill the emptyness. All my respects to BIS for making this game, but dont call it a mill sim if its not a full mill sim, ive never watch a video, of an abrams gunner dissapear and "become" the turret, no there computers inside that he indirectly "becomes" the turret

render to texture is conformed ...

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

wow... when do you want this game to be release?

What is it right now with all the new guys signing up to the forums and spewing uneducated shit all over the place?

*foot in my mouth* i just watched it before i readyour comment. honestly if they really plan on doing this in the wishlist, mostly i want to see real electronics not you, transforming into a camera, i want to see screens with real information mfds displaying what the gun is showing etc. summer 2012 sounds good if the have little breaks/ put much time into it/ big staff. and they tried to hide it by goind 3rd person but the tank had no interior. honestly they need to realease a beta 3/4 of the way done to see the feedback

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

honestly im happy with SDVS and the underwater aspect of it (if they do it right) i dont want it to just be pointless buggy swimming where u cant do annything.

What is it right now with all the new guys signing up to the forums and spewing uneducated shit all over the place?

be happy that we get some fresh meat :yay:

im a man ill admit i spoke to soon, i should have checked first (RTT) maybe theres some hope for BIS yet

im a man ill admit i spoke to soon, i should have checked first (RTT) maybe theres some hope for BIS yet

That's big of you. ;)

Anyway, I think it's a little too soon to judge the game based on what we've seen so far. A lot can happen in a year.

Wow, the first 2 weeks after i created this thread it was mostly good and serious wishes and suggestions. Now this thread is just a damn waste bin.

At least it catches most of the sh*t which some guys think they need to post :)

Anyway, dear Devs, please take care and pay some attention about the posts from the first few weeks in this thread :)

ive posted wishes too IE new sound engine, have u ever shot one of the guns, and shot again, the first should ends and the second one starts, little things like that subconsiously is why people dont like the arma sounds.

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

i also wished for flight sim level of detail in aircraft, real mfds, all that junk

why is bis which is built on arma 1 engine hundreds of times better and can do things u cant even do in arma 2? render to texture? better animations? better sounds? not being attached to a helicopter. point made

Point not made :) VBS (which is what I have to assume you mean) isn't "hundreds of times better". I own VBS2 and quite frankly I prefer ArmA2.

Your point about modders having to fix or finish the game is erroneous. Modders change the game more to their liking. BIS cannot make a game that is perfect for everyone, but they do make it so people can make it better for themselves.

This thread is fail because anyone just posts a random idea, and there are so many pages that devs could not possibly organize the list of features people want. That is why forums came up with the concept of a topic. This concept revolutionized the organization of ideas and discussions on forums. If you disagree I have no hope for you, and your probably just arguing for the sake of argument at that point.

Just thought of another one, make it so all the doors on buildings are closed by default. I know you can put a simple code in to close them but many Multiplayer mission makers dont do that (mainly just talking about PVP ones).

Sometimes I hide in a house and want to close the doors, but then realize that they'll know what house I'm in if its the only house that has its doors closed.

Only a small thing, not gonna rage quit if its not in.

I would like more stock vanilla missions like Insurgency to easier hook noobs on playing the game.

I think more people are not playing because there is a lack of levels like Insurgency (You can spawn on team mates etc) where new players dont feel the harsh penalties of most game types in Arma 2.

Getting into the action again quick, while not the best missions for most mp sessions, are important I think to get people hooked and then try more advanced stuff.

I fear most just give up "digging" before they reach the gem the Arma series is.

I would like more stock vanilla missions like Insurgency to easier hook noobs on playing the game.

I think more people are not playing because there is a lack of levels like Insurgency (You can spawn on team mates etc) where new players dont feel the harsh penalties of most game types in Arma 2.

Getting into the action again quick, while not the best missions for most mp sessions, are important I think to get people hooked and then try more advanced stuff.

I fear most just give up "digging" before they reach the gem the Arma series is.

BIS should not be wasting their time making missions for MP. That's seriously where this community shines. We already have a bunch of very talented people out there making missions.

Let BIS work on things we can't change, like new scripting functions or fixes to the MP Lobby or addon downloading ingame.

Yeah, I could see that working quite well. Obviously with a few tricks thrown in to show people what Arma can do compared to Insurgency. :D

BIS should not be wasting their time making missions for MP. That's seriously where this community shines. We already have a bunch of very talented people out there making missions.

I think the point is something that comes with the game should be the hook for the game not the community extras, which I could guess would take a new player some amount of effort to find out about it and use it for the first time.

However, I take the point that MP games are usually streamed to the player on connection in any case :)

I think the point is something that comes with the game should be the hook for the game not the community extras, which I could guess would take a new player some amount of effort to find out about it and use it for the first time.

However, I take the point that MP games are usually streamed to the player on connection in any case :)

Right, I understand what you're saying, but you have to agree with me in the sense that BIS could be spending time working on stuff that we actually can't change ourselves.

Right, I understand what you're saying, but you have to agree with me in the sense that BIS could be spending time working on stuff that we actually can't change ourselves.

But you have to agree that Arma 3 is going to ship with stock MP Missions. Missions that are available on servers from the word go are going to be played by all the new players that buy the game as soon as its released. And that Jojo's was a suggestion for one of those missions, not for what the programmers should be working on.

Cause all the mission designers at BIS are also engine programmers too, right?

Cause all the mission designers at BIS are also engine programmers too, right?

You asked a stupid question so I'll give you a stupid answer:

Yes.

Real Answer: Mission designers could be working on the campaign (which every single reviewer out there is going to play and label ALL of ArmA 3 bad, if the campaign isn't good). It happened at ArmA 2 release, it'll happen again.

Not sure if somebody has mentioned this or not, but how about different heights and weights. Enough of the clone armies we've had in OFP, ArmA 1 and ArmA 2. Characters ingame should be varying from 5'0" to 6'4" or something like that and have customizable weights of 150Lbs - 300Lbs. Those heights and weights are just a suggestion, but I think it's time we see something like this.

Then for our characters ingame, we already have custom face textures, but people would actually be able to set their appropriate heights and weights too.