Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

You asked a stupid question so I'll give you a stupid answer:

Yes.

Real Answer: Mission designers could be working on the campaign (which every single reviewer out there is going to play and label ALL of ArmA 3 bad, if the campaign isn't good). It happened at ArmA 2 release, it'll happen again.

You implied it though (things that we cannot change ourselves -> engine updates), so I was just trying to steer you away from making such a silly argument (I figured you actually knew better).

Hi friends

I'm so happy to see that Arma 3 is on the board, what i've saw in the trailers, its already looks great, i can't wait to the release :)

I also do ´have a wishlist, much of it already been mentioned, but i will still write them down, just to be sure ;) here we go:

1. Walkable boats/ships, specialy big ships, it would be great to be able to walk on ships deck also when its moving and so on. AND ofcourse land a Helicopter on the deck to :)

2. Resting weapons, specialy be able to holster pistols. (and put your rifle on the bag)

3. Much better wound system, like real life wound from shots, grenades and mines, and randomly blow of legs and arms from mine and so on.

4. Much more realistic Medic system, take ACE2, thats a great system, with bandage and all that a medics needs.

5. melee weapons like hand combat, knife, stick (police stick with real animation) and throwable rocks.

6. Animated and useable doors in vehicles and houses and so, and able to kick in doors in houses.

7. Shooting from cover (over a wall and so on like already mentioned)

8. Be able to arrest surrendering enemys and civilians. (handcuf them)

9. Rapelling down from houses and cliffs

10. Much better reloading animations, for all weapons also RPG's and so on.

11. Much much better AI vehicle handling and physic, and also left - right and emegency signal should work :)

12. realistic repair, a person should get the tools before reparing a car or change wheels if the tire is flat.

13. Maybe realistic water and food supply, you have to drink some water during gameplay, just like cars need fuel ;) and mybe some food, but specialy water could be a great future (enable/disable function).

14. destructable windows in houses and vehicles.

15. car should be able to crash, driving into a cliff, tree og another vehicle. somehow like GTA 4, maybe not that much, but like it.

16. Able to throw a mag' to another player during multiplayer

17. Able to customize your gear ingame, like ammo boks, just with equipment, vest helmets and so on, supporting multiplayer ofcourse ;)

i think its all for now :D

hope to see some of all the request ingame from the great community :)

Dennis

Do that at the sight of the enemy could give orders to the sniper, that he took a position to attack. Sniper is looking for a normal place for the shooting, and sitting there, and then player can give orders to open fire on the enemy.

Some more Wish's :)

All this could be some small DLC.

1. Husky M-ATV.

2. MRAP.

3. Better and more civilians cars and trucks, not russians, but Toyota, Ford, Mercedes, VW, opel, BMW and so on.

4. Civilian Ambulance and Police cars

5. More boats, fregates.

6. More civilians (much more differents)

7. A kind of a RIOT script or module, Civilians throwing rocks at soldiers and Police :)

1. Husky M-ATV.

Already in ArmA3

2. MRAP.

Thats a pretty broad request... The above could even be considered one?

Going off what was said about improved medicine, I think a page should be stolen from America's Army and gives players options a of what to do when someone is shot. I LOVE how AA game me a nice 15 minute lecture and a test about what I learned (both a sim test and a written test). As a future EMT-B I found their system AMAZING! I hope arma can adapt a similar system.

Hi, another thing for the wish list.

- Take branches and such for camo ourselves:

Have certain places (on the soldier model) where attach branches and leaves taken from the bushes arround, when you come close, up to a certain point; you can't build a guillie.

So you can conceal yourself better from other players and AI. Taking out (visualy) some of the bush mass, and also be able of take some weed from the ground to use it as natural camo (guillie like) making it dissapear (at random) from the ground, and letting you drop off entirely this camo, before take some more.

Maybe do it stand by a period of time depending on where you'd attached it, what it's made of and your movement speed. That will be really pimp i think. If can customize our gear... maybe we could do this too... . Let's C ya

Netcode > destructive environments.

Actually your list contradicts itself. You don't want an arcade type shooter, but you do want knives. You want better netcode, but you want mutable environments that you can change around as you see fit. Actually even better wounds would be detrimental to improved netcode.

If you need to calculate the exact velocity of the bullet as it impacts and the exact area it hit, then the amount of calculations required has just gone up by a lot. You'd have to completely change the hp system around. Not a terribly bad thing, highly advanced games are the reason we upgrade our computers, but still detrimental to multiplayer.

You seem to have missed the point of knives too. Knives are for when plan A (assault rifle), plan B (pistol), plan C (frag grenades), and plan D (run) have all went horribly wrong. If you're in a position to use a knife.. Well, shouldn't be in position to use a knife, ever. If you want silent, then a pistol with a silencer? Suppose you could hit them with the butt of your rifle..

If they added that along with a chance to damage your rifle and increase jamming then I'm all for it. :P

The problem with wounds too is that you go from a game to a sim. At the moment it's a game, changing it to "You get shot, you're pretty much finished for the game", that's a sim. That's also insane.

Carrying a pistol by pointing it upwards.. This is not 24, there is no need to do any of that. lol

The only things on my wishlist would be netcode and ammunition. If they went through and put the ballistic effects of different ammunition into the game then you could mod in any weapon you wanted, although that would probably be detrimental to the netcode again. :S

The problem with features and usability.. You gain one at the cost of another. Maybe for ArmA 10 :p

What about ability treat enemy/civilian casualties. I mean you can treat/heal them even OA, but when enemy gets healed they start to shoot at you or some nice guy from your team pops him out and you have just wasted your time... hmmm... maybe there could be somekind of ability to disarm casualties/surrenderers. Disarming could cause character to come captive.

Taking care of casualties (enemy/civilian) could be rewarded as promotions and maybe more helpful civilians (there could be hidden ammocaches, civilians could reveal enemy positions etc.). At least this could work in campaign.

Hopefully this will be included with physx but for the record:

I'd like to see better traction simulation for vehicles. (mainly for wheeled vehicles)

Would be great to skid if turning or stopping too fast on gravel, sand or even wet ground (would make weather affect gameplay more)

More power to vehicles so can lose control if not driven carefully.

Its boring to just hit 'E' or turbo for full speed all the time.

----------------------------------------------------------

As mentioned before: Some wire cutters that can be added to inventory for those damned fences ;)

Edited by EDcase

I would love to see some new vehicles such as the GCV IFV its supposed to be made in 2015 so it could actually be a good edition the setting in arma3

also Id like to see:

strykers

LAV 25

pandur 1

m113

AAV'S

maybe the experimental grizzly APC?

rhino runner(its a battle buss used in iraq/afghanistan)

bison APC

mamba APC

and MPC

Id also like to see light armoured vehicles:

desert patrol vehicles

the ultra AP would be awesome

vehicles that can withstand IEDs like MRAPS

Buffalo

cougar

casspir

maxxpro

caiman

M-atv

As for weapons I'd love to see my (personal)favorite sniper rifle the M110 SASS

I love this weapon ive used it a few times before and its amazing imo

I'd personally rather see vehicles, weapons, etc, at the back of the list. Give us features and easier ways for modders to make things work, mission makers to make great gamemodes and clans or public players to play online easily and with more fluidity.

yeah well thats all good too but Im not asking for all of those vehicles maybe like a handful that way they can focus on everything else after they add a few of them Id like to see the experimental ones seeing the setting of arma 3 and some new weapons...m4s are being replaced by either a new rifle or improved m4s for the army so im sure us rangers will be testing them seeing we did with the scar's....just a little variety is all im hoping for honestly as long as it all fits together nicely ill be quite happy with the finished game.

When you fly an air vehicle in ArmA, you can controll it with keyboard or mouse. For driving a chopper you have to lean forward to accelerate. What I dont like is that the steering-gear always gets back to idle position if I dont press the keyboard or if I dont move the mouse, and I always have to press the keyboard or drag the mouse back again and again to maintain the same angle to fly forward, or to turn constantly with the same angle without interruption.

There should be something like in Microsoft Flight Simulator X, which is called "Mouse Yoke". It means that when you fly with an air vehicle you see a grey cross on the screen (which is like a cursor) which represents the steering-gear, and its position. You can move this "mouse yoke cursor" in an imaginary coordinate system, which is your screen. That means if I move the cursor up towards the top of the screen, the nose of the plane starts to go downwards, and in the meantime you can also see the steering-gear move according to the cursor, as it's pushing forward. And if I leave the cursor in a position, the steering-gear stays in the position determined by the cursor, and it doesnt go back to idle position by its self.

So I'm talking about an air vehicle controll system what with you can constantly hold on to the steering-gear, (with your mouse at least) and not just only during times when you do something with your mouse, or keyboard.

If you want to turn left, you drag your mouse left, only once, you leave it there, you do your left turn till you like, and if you're finished with your left turn, you drag your mouse to the previous position where it was before, and with that, you're moving forward again.

It's not necessary for the cursor to be a grey cross, it could also be a little red dot or something, and there could be an option what with you could disable it if you would like. With this system more smoother, and precise maneuvers could be possible, and it could also help to aim with air vehicles with more accuracy.

It would be so cool if this would be in ArmA 3.

Wishful thinking:

Bigger Maps...Think REAL BIG. To utilize, Logistics, transport, planes, helicopters,

boats, sam sites and so on....

As it is now, you get in a plane and you go for a 2 min ride..

With bigger maps, you would need to refuel. Maybe even rearm.

Arma today is 2 parts Infantry/L Vehicle, 1 part Armor and 1 part Airial.

I thought it was a MilSim...

;1977157']I thought it was a MilSim...

It still is...

;1977157']Wishful thinking:

Bigger Maps...Think REAL BIG. To utilize' date=' Logistics, transport, planes, helicopters,

I thought it was a MilSim...[/quote']

Have you seen the size of Lemnos Island in Arma 3?

;1977157']Wishful thinking:

Bigger Maps...Think REAL BIG. To utilize' date=' Logistics, transport, planes, helicopters,

I thought it was a MilSim...[/quote']

:) will make the MP PVP virtually unplayable,

BI put AAS mode in the MP features !!!

:) will make the MP PVP virtually unplayable,

BI put AAS mode in the MP features !!!

How would it affect PvP?

How would it affect PvP?

Because apparently the loudest of the "everyone hates PvP" complainers do not realise that it is entirely possible to make missions which only utilise a small area of the map. They'd much rather we all suffer being stuck in a 1km x 1km box so that their experience can be "enhanced"...

Originally Posted by Andersson[sWEC]

Wishful thinking:

Bigger Maps...Think REAL BIG. To utilize, Logistics, transport, planes, helicopters,

I thought it was a MilSim...

I think at one moment it was said that there will be (as is traditional in BIS games) two islands, one big, one small.

The big one will be Limnos the other one it seems it will be Agios Efstratios. We will see if it is so.

Hello everyone! I'm new!

In my wish list is primarily one thing:

A good optimization motrore graph that allows you to play with the more than 20 fps.

I do not know if it's already been said .. but it is the biggest limitation that I met in Arma 2. I have a PC at the top with medium details and now I get to a maximum of 25 fps, which often come down to 15.

The other wishes that are on the front page would make the game are beautiful and phenomenal!

But the important thing is that we can make the most of the power of today's machines.

@blackhole

yeah that'd be even though I get really good FPS still I feel that it could be better for people who dont/cant get decent FPS that way they can enjoy it as much as the rest of us....

also id like to see sopmod seeing you can customize your weapon that way you can create the weapon to your liking

Since BIS sent about 10 team members on an excursion to the actual Island, it would be top notch if you could publish some comparison pictures of Ingame vs Reallife.

This would not require a lot of afford and have a great impact on PR.