Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

I just found out Russia has a military branch for space. If they're the bad guys, they should totally get laz0r b33mz and cosmic fastroping :P

They're there to keep an eye on spy satellites and such.... and click the red button!

My greatest wish is a good storyline, with interesting characters, which will become as legendary as Zork, Monkey Island, OFP and Metal Gear Solid. That is all.

Hey BIS Devs!

My wishes and ideas are:

Realistic weapons for the Fractions! (An Islamic Country like Iran will never use a weapon from Israel)

Features from ArmA 2 ACE into default ArmA3. (E.g. the ACE WOUND system [or even something more complex] or Kestrel [and the complex windsystem], DAGR)

Dont turn ArmA into a Arcade game like BF3 or "CoD Modern Warfare 43626XYZ Ramirez saves Burgertown". Even though i like the fact that its playing in the feature you should keep an eye own how "scifi" it goes.... (And there we are again with the israeli weapons)

Animations! Proper reload animations. In ArmA 2 there are for all weapons the standart M16 reload animations. Make proper M203 (or any grenade launcher) animations. Just costum reload/fixjam animations for the weapons.

Damage Models: More realistic damage models (More than 1-2 steps to total destruction of a building). And fix the "Anti-Building-Smoke bug". Sometimes I lie on a house in Takistan and throw a smoke or two and the building gets totally messed up.

Sounds and Effects: Please. Realisitic Sounds and Smoke Effects.

Maybe some neutral fraction like UN inside the combat area.

Checkpoints: Makes really fun if you can use a mirror to look under a vehicle, check with AN PSS-14 and search the vehicle for weapons, drugs and more.

Thats all for the moment, if i find more i just edit it or add it.

Keep the great work up Devs! :yay:

EDIT: Knife! Not like in BF or CoD, BUT: A simple knife. Could be cool for stealth action! But you should make it so that you cant use it in CQB. Maybe Holster or hang around your current weapon, animation of opening a small pocket and take out the knife... would be cool for taking out guards or single man patrols quietly. And of course Dragging around people to hide it in bushes or behind rocks or buildings (when infiltrating a enemy base e.g.)

Edited by Brain

I just wanted to add this one to the epicly long list.

Pistol animations. Unholster and holster while you move. Thanks.

now i think so..... "Dont turn ArmA into a Arcade game like BF3 or "CoD Modern Warfare 43626XYZ Ramirez saves Burgertown". Even though i like the fact that its playing in the feature you should keep an eye own how "scifi" it goes.... (And there we are again with the israeli weapons)" - BrainExeStopped

he is right, i think BIS must include maybe all of our suggestions, ArmA is a war simulator, my wish is to make it so realistic, that there will no need to make a mod like "proyect reality", i think is a good choice

also, i forgot the next things:

1- bullet in the weapon.....EVEN METAL GEAR SOLID, AN ARCADE TACTICAL ESPIONAGE GAME GOT THAT! WHY NO ARMA GOT IT?

2- SWAT 4 got a realistic clip use, is not like CS where all that counts are the bullets, is not like BF2 where if you drop a clip with just 1 bullet off, you drop it all of it, i want it JUST like in swat 4

3- realistic war movements, like the guy above 2 pages from this message say, military parkour

4- NO PASSING THE WALL GLITCHES (walk trhough a wall, see trough a wall, run traspasing a wall, a car crash in a wall and it has a half inside and another half out of the wall, etc.)

5- emergency weapon swap? i mean, i got a key binded for change weapon mode, and for weapon between handgun-maingun, however, it takes to long to change it, is like the kind of swap you do when: "damm, i got like 5 bullets and i need to clear a building, i better change to pistol", however, most of the soldiers with pistols, use them for quick swap and use them when you cant cover/reload fast

6- knifes.......well, i mean....i think something like COD MW knife attack must be added, not the part of *1 hit kill with a cut on the leg* if not, take off the knife quick and do a CQC or something...i think it would be awesome

7- terrain that affects everything on the soldier, examples:

if you are on antartica, you cant move fery fast, cant get to much accuary, etc.

if you are on a desert, you will get tired very fast, etc.

if you are on mud, you run slower than in asphalt, also, when you leave it, you leave footsteps of mud, and your boots got dirty or something like that

8- maybe something more than an infantry simulator.....please, like i said before, interactive cockpit, maybe do it to a helicopter/car/APC/tank/plane simulator, PLEASE

9- do some things from ACE is actually a good idea

10- changed depending from the weather, in ArmA, the month only changed the time it become night and day, i want to see snow if on winter, etc.

11- rain that bother you when aiming

12- realistic aids mode....you cant cure a mortal-shoot in the heart just being a medic and help him for like 14 seconds, you cant just go to the hospital to cure somebody from a fall that broked a finger-bone, you cant cure yourself if you are inside a medi-vac APC with no medics inside, I WANT THE REAL SHIT!

13- you can hold a weapon on a wall, a border, or put it on bypod mode

14- more smoth and realistic animations at changing the side you are walking/runing

15- gunner hands on a helicopter are literally down meanwhile, the gun moves by itself

16- think outside the box, for make the best animations, do the same thing as lots of TPS, they maked good animations when they where looking the outside, try to see the game mirror edge at third person and the animations are pretty like HL1

17- when you entry a vehicle, you teleport inside, NO!

i want....like in delta force extreme, you are MOVING inside the vehicle, however, you may fall thanks to gravity, so, choose your seat, however, in ArmA 2 this...i think everyone knows how you select being passanger on ArmA 2 is fully unrealistic compared to even DF Ext.

18- support personel at base (MP) you know, somebody who is a noob just need to be as a guard in the main base, or hold on the heliport, or the ATC for military planes, etc.

19- bigger and realistic cityes, on ArmA 3, you got enough size to make a fully 1:1 scale of newyork, however, this has 2 problems

1- rendering, if every part is able to you to entry, then, if they make a 100% reply of NY, the lag looking just at a building will be inmense, even with the super chinese computer

2- nobody wants to make a big city, even from OFP, i never saw a programed by workers on the game- city that hold more than 70 persons, this incluide the preview of the greek island on the game, just small towns, is what i see

20- options to change gun up/put gun on the back at the same time

21- that swap the gun depends from the situation

22- remember, soldiers, have extra ammo on the pockets of their armours, also, they got First Aid Kits (FAK, LOL) and things like that

23- the HUD appearing over the heli anytime you changed the direction of your view is to much unrealistic

24- take some things from IL 2 sturmovik cliffs of dover, it helps

25- air support, even on a SP mission with bots

26- realistic times operations, soldiers that sleep on the battlefield, if it starts at night or is to long, soldiers that die from poison from an animal

27- i want to kill a cow with an RPG but it goes flying, why?

29- working smoke grenades for AI

30- flash bangs

31-wind that affects planes, helicopters, the suit of someone when there are to much wind, that it also affects the hearing of someone (much wind = less chances of hear someone far away, more cold place = more chances of hear someone far away)

32- that there should be a 28. however, i was thinkin on all the things i could add to the game, so i make this one to annoy people

33- that can actually build/dismount your weapon

34- a safety mode, just like in America's army 3

35- realistic climbing, in PR for BF2, when you see a mountain of 5 degrees you fall, on ArmA, is like GTA SA, you can run upwards

36- wallslide when falling....i wanted to do it on ArmA I, but there wasn't, so i am requesting it now

37- realistic watch/GPS/other things you need to orientate yourself, i dont want to see them display on screen, i want you stop firing your gun to see the time on the watch on your arm!

38- different weapon colour....mainly, officers handguns, there are just fews, but they exist, just like custom-maded handguns for officers

39- when you fall with no parachute, you....watch on youtube what happen, i really hate this, i want, when you fall, just like in GTA SA, you have a falling animation

i think that's all.....for now, i will keep sendings lots of suggestions i want added into the game when i remember more, have a good day you, the reader of those words.

1- bullet in the weapon..

2- SWAT 4 got a realistic clip use

4- NO PASSING THE WALL GLITCHES

6- knifes......

13- you can hold a weapon on a wall

14- more smoth and realistic animations

19- bigger and realistic cityes

22- remember, soldiers, have extra ammo on the pockets of their armours

30- flash bangs

31-wind...

33- that can actually build/dismount your weapon

38- different weapon colour....mainly, officers handguns, there are just fews, but they exist, just like custom-maded handguns for officers

1. I don't get what you mean, if you mean a bullet is in the clip then moves in the weapon up to the barrel that happens now in A2

2. ArmA 2 has realistic clip use i'm pretty sure (use up 12 bullets, reload with another clip, use that up and the other clip still has 18 bullets)

4. Yeah thats a bitch

6. We have been through that shit before, it is not happening

8. You don't want much do you?

13. Bipods would be nice

14. Animations are being redone and will be better than A2

19. The map is Limnos, Greece and it is a realistic representation of that, google earth it and decide if the map\cities are big enough for you

22. ArmA's current gear thing kinda simulates that (Look at the mags on the soldiers chests)

30. That is a nice idea but I can imagine the little kids that get the game will flashbang spam everyone

31. That is in TOH so it might be in A3

33. That is asking too much

38. ...

Edited by ArmAriffic

I hope the AC-130U Spectre will be in Arma 3.. And fully useable. And with the option to let the AI pilot fly a circular pattern on your command when your not the pilot. And the option to jump from pilot seat to gunner seat when you play single player. And offcourse full crew use.

maybe it were wished quite often, perhaps a gore system? Direct tank shot at soldier, doesn't leave a part at his body. Perhaps make it as DLC, for players up 18 and older.

I'm not a gore maniac lol, but i think this could give us a lot more impression and war like feeling, seening body parts lying around.

Also my wish is some personally, i'm russian, and i love OFP and Arma 2 series, although i wish BIS wouldn't place russians as "bad guys" and "us guys" as good guys all the time. No need to make them ally but at least not an enemy.

Bis showed russian army, that likes to destroy pillage and conquer everything on their way, when in real life, US army isn't saint at all. Just a wish tho... :)

1. I don't get what you mean, if you mean a bullet is in the clip then moves in the weapon up to the barrel that happens now in A2

He's talking about chambered rounds, which Arma2 does not simulate.

1 BIS, please, only insert all vehicles (helicopters, jets, MBTs, APCs), from ArmA2;Combinet Operations (without islands), and more playres from OFP era be happy!!! :cancan:

For kids, CoD, BF3 and Transformers fans, will be good and the future...

2 In ArmA2;CO Infantry and vehicles is very good!!! But, we cant see normal Jets!!! F-35, no bad, its future... But in ArmA3, plz, MAKE NORMAL F35 MODEL. Second, why opfor no have FIGHTERS, with good manoeuvrable, like MiG-29, Su-27, but if we speak about future, then like T-50(PAKFA) or Su-35? Some kids says, "its not airsimulator", but more playres, of course and i, like Jets in ArmA!!!

And why in ArmA we cant see F/A-18? But if we speak about NATO, not USA, for me no bad if in ArmA3 i can see Rafale, Jas39, EF2000...

About MBT in ArmA3, Merkava, its good, but for Iran???:391: Sorry, its so stupid... And why Iran???, Why not China with PLA?

In one video, i see T-100...:depressed: Why not T-90MS?

a0e8d7e0.jpg

Kamov and Mil hybrid...:pet5: Sorry, Mi-28 its be beter...

3 Our team, some time, like play ArmA;Armed Assault, because sunny day, its more realistic than ArmA2;CO!!! In A2, very dark day...

ArmA2:

78050_A2BAF_ingame_screenshot_05_normal.jpg

Real life...

FU1100560269.jpg

Maybe in ArmA3, its be fixed?

For Kids, Cod, MW, MoH, BF3, Terminators, Songoks and another futuristic fans, plz, dont coment my post, its only for +18 :nono:

P.S. And sorry for my terrible englisch:icon_redface:

Quite frankly the deal breakers for me, that need to be addressed before I buy another ARMA game are:

1. More streamlined updating / modding system to improve multiplayer compatibility. It's a nightmare trying to figure which modfolders each server is or isn't using, and then find out that some are or aren't using the same versions of the mods, etc etc etc.

I shouldn't have to go back and forth between the main menu and the multiplayer browser to manually work out through trial and error what the problem with the mods is - if the mods are installed and the server has them on, the game should make them available. If the server doesn't have them, the game shouldn't assume they're active.

2. A real multiplayer experience, instead of having to download buggy missions which invariably lag out servers and cause them to crash just when things are getting interesting. Domi was ok, but the servers invariably lag-out when things are getting interesting; and warfare invariably crashes servers once some serious base-building has been done.

I want a game, not a mission-building toolkit.

3. Decent enemy AI. They don't have to be geniuses, but they can't be simply aimbots; it's ridiculous that if I set up on a hill over a kilometer and a half-away and pop one with a sniper rifle, they quickly spot me and spray me with AK fire, etc. Depending on the unit types and their equipment, etc they should demonstrate vulnerabilities and skills dependant on their sides.

For example, popping the officer with binocs means a unit's maximum detection range and ability to respond to you should be compromised - not that they all instantly know where you are and pinpoint you with laser-beam fire.

The simply "un-fun" AI could be skipped altogether by simply shoring up the multiplayer game-mode to make bots in multiplayer unnecessary or mere window-dressing while human players on each side get on with the actual gameplay.

Those are, as I said, the deal-breakers; however for just "wishlist" requests:

A. The vehicle phyiscs need to be worked out. Whether driving a bike, a humvee, or a LAV, I always feel like I'm driving a box being pushed around a table; I get no sense of traction, of suspension, or of forces acting realistically on a vehicle. Every single battlefield game since 1942 has managed to create a plausible and pleasurable driving experience, so it's about time ARMA catches up.

B. Better quality control; I've restarted the Red Harvest campaign half-a-dozen times (usually after each patch) - and every single time I've found a new scripting error or game-breaking bug. I haven't even bothered with the PMC / BAF campaigns I own because every time I get enthused, I remember the tooth-pulling pain of trying to do ANYTHING in the original campaign, and how futile it actually is to try and get anything out of this game without running into totally unnecessary frustrations.

C. Streamlined controls - there's way too many mutually exclusive keystrokes being tied up with individual functions. Completely segregate the keybinds into "common" "Infantry" "air" "land vehicles", so that duplicate keys can be used more easily.