Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Well I would see it as a separate development stream. I mean, if there's revenue/profit to be made out of it, then it self-justifies it's own resources needed. VBS2 customers would definitely be interested in the possibilities of mid-level sim plugins for sure. Not necessarily for study-sim level implementation, but for a more realistic level of battlefield mechanics. Particularly at the tank & helo level.

small idea inspired from the 3rd Person view Thread:

Being able to lock the freeview in 3rd Person to a random point. You no longer have to hold Alt and can use your favoured perspective without any restrictions. Especially handy for vehicles etc.

One thing I used to love about some flight sims:

The ability to hit a key for exp - f6 to bring up an external camera view of

the target that you are curently locked on. It was cool to view how the target was reacting to you and seeing them up close before delivering the smackdown.

I definitely wouldn't want that. It's not explained. Although I would expect to see remote cameras on inbound missiles for those that have it.

i also completely do not support this idea. It would be a rather big immersion breaker, unrealistic and couldnt be justified by nothing than being interesting to see... Could be easily done via mod but please not in the game.

An interesting aspect is being able to see a live-feed delievered by missiles since there are types of missiles that are able to fly over a target location and observe it and then strike at a desired time and target. (which would be an wish)

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Another one here:

http://bcove.me/v92iff26 I think every passionated Arma player sees why.

Edited by PurePassion

Ability to throw grenades the ''bowling style'', not always sky high toss pls

As far as the external target view goes- I'll explain further: Mainly for using with aircraft, tanks, choppers. When you lock on a target you can then select an external view of that target full screen - Check out what you are targeting and then switch back to

first person view. Not so much an immersion breaker I would think. Just think - When you play in 3rd person view- Not very realistic unless you have some kind of remote viewing power going on:) Anyway, If this can be scripted or moded... Maybe I'll request

or ask on Script forum- Thanks

I dont think that anything I write here will ever get to the devs, but the view of foliage from close (I mean when you are inside a bush, or you are lying in the grass) should be reconsidered, because the Arma 2 way that you cant see sh**t when lying down is a no go.

Solving this is really simple, just make leaves gradually transparent if they are closer to the viewpoint (eyes) than 50cm or so.

It natural when something is very close to your eyes, like a haulm, and your focus point is far away, then the close small objects get outblurred.

Annoying? Indeed. Realistic? Indeed. If you lay down in tall grass, which is what we see in numerous places in Chernarus, you don't see anything. Prep the site and create a firing position. Unfortunately, this isn't something most mission makers allow you to do. If not properly prepping, you can at least roll around in the grass to squish it, but unfortunately the effect doesn't last long enough. But if you simply lay down in dense tall grass, you won't see shit! :p

Annoying? Indeed. Realistic?

Absolutly not. In arma a 10cm light grass is like your in a bambbo jungle. Just check it out, go to north czech republic where the real chernarussia is, lie down in the grass, and check if you feel your in a bamboo jungle with miscanthus all around.

It absurd to say that its realistic about a thing that is obviously not. Everyone here in the forum can just get out the house and check the nearest natural field, try to lie in the grass and see if he can see anything. I've tried it, and miraculously I can still look around. Othervise in real life real solders would not prone in the grass, would they? Or you've seen spec force solders with perisopes looking around?

Anyway i dont understand what is "prepping" a site in Arma. Use a C4 to blow up the grass?

roll around or crawl around to make grass "fall" "prepping" your site.

if you notice in 3rd person view, soldiers lying lie with head hunched down to ground, in RL you would extend your neck and raise head and get a better view, 10 cm extend and raise does alot in high grass.

lying with your head to the ground and even 20 cm of grass limits your view.

When you don't look down ironsights your head position is higher in the game.

Anyway I have a wish.

Replace those ultra-ugly T-84 (I assume) barrels. Seriously. It's horrible, BIS.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/08/Arma3_screeenshot_PCGUS_01_exclusive.jpg

My eyes!

Also a texture from Takistan? Tsk tsk

Edited by metalcraze

I absolutely love it! and regarding the texture, well its alpha, men.... We'll see about this later on

Sorry, but I'm not going to travel to north czech republic to look at grass. Ever :p And what I'd want to look at, probably don't exist near grass either :D Chernarus is fictional and grass can be whatever the designers want it to be. Check the position data if you don't believe me, it's nowhere close to north czech republic. Should it have tall or low grass, that's another issue (Utes is mostly low). Check the following pictures, guess it could have been worse, huh?

http://insurgencyresearchgroup.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/pohle-grass_320477a.jpg

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/2rcr/photos/grass_large.jpg

http://www.longwarjournal.org/images/MArines-Helmand-grass.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/un_photo/4887892559/

http://freemasonrywatch.org/pics/soldiers_in_the_grass.jpg

http://nimg.sulekha.com/others/original700/afghanistan-us-marines-2010-11-6-8-50-44.jpg

We're not playing on a golf course or a football field. What I miss though is a bit more variation, so that if you storm blindly into an area covered in high grass you get penalized for it. Take your time and map the area to find alternative approach routes without this obstacle, and you'll get rewarded.

Prepping can be rolling around in grass, like Demonized says, but it has not very long effect until it rises again. Another way is scripted placement of grasscutter object, with usual medic anim to "place it".

What annoys me most is that AI enemies are able to pinpoint my location in grass once I'm spotted, and they don't take the same penalty (shooting blind) if they themselves lay down in it.

When you don't look down ironsights your head position is higher in the game.

Anyway I have a wish.

Replace those ultra-ugly T-84 (I assume) barrels. Seriously. It's horrible, BIS.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/08/Arma3_screeenshot_PCGUS_01_exclusive.jpg

My eyes!

Also a texture from Takistan? Tsk tsk

unled5d.jpg

The game is just under a year away from release, not to mention im pretty sure thats a rail gun barrel, and i think it looks mad, good on em for doing something new..

P.S. Texture is nothing like the taki texture.

Cheers

Rhodesy

if you want to talk about how you dont like the futuristic setting, please do it here ;)

I am interested in how this technology will change gameplay ( muzzle velocity etc)

What annoys me most is that AI enemies are able to pinpoint my location in grass once I'm spotted, and they don't take the same penalty (shooting blind) if they themselves lay down in it.

yeah the knowsabout feature is anoying, there should be somekind of visual AI used, as of now it is vey bad.

one could run a loop around the player and decrease the skill of certain aspects like aimspeed or firing speed etc, once player is prone in grass, but that would be somewhat cumbersome to do.

There are quite a few games in which the AI will fire and maneuver on your last known position. Something like that would be quite acceptable in my opinion.

There are quite a few games in which the AI will fire and maneuver on your last known position. Something like that would be quite acceptable in my opinion.

You should try ArmA2 :)

my arma3 wish....... they ditch the future crap

... and do what? Bring out the same game again?

My ArmA 3 wish is that it is full of awesome.

Oh yea - now am writting email to BIS , to remove all futuristic stuff and create new non futuristic stuff :rolleyes: