Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Well, the runway length of 3016m is within MTOW requirements for these aircraft, unlike the C130 which have to takeoff a reduced takeoff weight to takeoff from Takistans 840m long runway. It's even longer than my local airport at 2556m, which have had visits from both these birds. One small caveat though is that the surface wasn't strong enough to hold them (empty) and had to be moved around.

But you still get severely limited aircraft applications:

1) You can only operate from a single airport. And only on hard surface.

2) Can't be used on any already existing or easily ported islands. (I think).

3) Internal LOD limitations still dictate lower than number of people on board.

4) These are long range heavy carriers. You can use them to fly in tanks, but from where?

However, that is being hyper realistic. But still, what do we need C5/C17 for that the C130 can't do?

You sure did your homework Carl G.:)... valid points indeed..However

Lemnos is much bigger and C130 is incapable of transporting anything heavier than stryker or LAV(+troops)

thus it might come handy to paradrop such vehicles even if we would have to load/unload goods at the same

airfield as we still do, at least on takistan.

Now sure some might agree some might not its the arma 3 wish list anyways :p

What i want to see:

64Bit application. We all use 64bit CPUs, we all have more than 4gigs of RAM, let us use it. (dont make us NEED it, but let us choose it :P)

Many of us use dual video cards, Please keep this in mind and give us good SLI/CF usage/performance.

Multicore, i bet 90% of us playing ArmA2 are on a quad core/quad threaded CPU, more so by release time. Please make use of more than 4 cores. By release time there will be 8-12core CPUs! And make sure the serverside stuff makes good use of 8+ cores and shedloads of RAM, servers will have those resources so use them :D

Basically i want the game to use all my hardware to its potential so it runs amazingly.

Indirect fire and a decent AI reaction to it would be pretty cool to have out of the box.

One thing i think could be interesting, would be a better implementation of radio.

Something like: if you go down a valley, the hills/mountains might worsen your signal. And that you can shift between different channels/frequencies, where you can hear other groups chatter etc.

One thing i think could be interesting, would be a better implementation of radio.

Something like: if you go down a valley, the hills/mountains might worsen your signal. And that you can shift between different channels/frequencies, where you can hear other groups chatter etc.

So basically ACRE?

I would like to see an AI-friendly version of ACRE, but even looking directly at those five words causes my brain to hemorrhage.

I would like to get full control over knowsabout value, and be able to set it manually for any seperate unit,

AIunit1 mindWipe true; OR AIunit1 setKnowsAbout [godzilla,0];

That would make many many things better in AI terms.

I would like to get full control over knowsabout value, and be able to set it manually for any seperate unit,
AIunit1 mindWipe true; OR AIunit1 setKnowsAbout [godzilla,0];

That would make many many things better in AI terms.

I would take it a step further than that, taking inspiration from the nearTargets command.

unit [b]setKnowsAbout[/b] [targetUnit, type, position, accuracy, side, cost, override]

unit = the unit who's knowledge of a target is affected.

targetUnit = unit this "knows-about" is related to. Perhaps even NULL if you want to create a new "fake/virtual/ghost" target. :D

type = percieved unit type, NULL if unknown

position = position the unit thinks the target is at, or NULL if unknown

accuracy = position estimate accuracy in meters

side = which side the unit percieves the target to be on, NULL if unknown (or perhaps sideUnknown?)

cost = percieved "cost" of the target unit

override = just an idea, but perhaps a number in seconds for this command to override the units actual perception. (Because normally, once the unit sees or hears the target, his knowledge of it would be updated)

An alternative name for the command would be "setNearTarget". :)

So to make UnitA forget about TargetB and be unable to detect him for 5 seconds, you would write the following:

unitA [b]setKnowsAbout[/b] [targetB, NULL, NULL, 0, NULL, 0, 5]

Edited by MadDogX

*snip*

I always welcome optionals, if i had my way, we had the option to have options. :D

But yeah, that would be a good way of doing it, having them as optionals, not required params though.

Dont make it climb the hill, if you only need to reach the first ledge sortof.

i played operation flashpoint which had the perfect AI

i could make a convoy of 100 vehicles and they never crashed into eachother or sway left and right off the road then only problem OFP had was they didn't stay close enough for it to call a convoy

arma 1 & 2 NEVER had a good AI and the most anoying about arma 1 & 2

this is my wish

create a Good Driving AI for convoy's very close together

My wish is that BI stops doing the same lame crap like all the other games which is making the Russian the bad guys. Make a Russian campaign and more Russian scenario missions. You mostly focus on the US side making them the "world peacekeepers". This is a cliche, give us a Russian uniform, a Russian weapon and leave the rest to us.

I'm not saying make the Americans bad, but don't just do it like you did before in OFP (Red Hammer) where 80% of the Soviet campaign you kill Russians. Make both US and Russian campaign. Thank you.

How it seem atm, there are no russians on the arma 3 battlefield. ( actually good question- What is Russia doing in WWIII ?)

But i know what you mean. german guy here ^^

actually good question - What is Russia doing in WWIII ?

:icon_twisted:

Wait for it, there is a lot more to come about armaverse.

My thoughts are that BI will probably put Navy Seals to do the stealth operations underwater against Russians and not put any Spetsnaz units to do the same against US submarines or ships. Probably on every 5 US vehicles added in the game, they will put 1 Russian. See Russians have 2 attack planes in ArmA 2 and the USMC has 4 which 2 of them are harriers 1 with LGB 1 normal and have a C130 plane. The Russians just got Su-34 and Su-25. Please BI focus more on the Russian side as well.

Well, Iran and China vs. NATO, and with Iran using some Russian Equipment, (Mi-48, I believe the Akaban was mentioned by a dev). I think they are gonna have a shot with China *cough*Eastern Naval Infantry*cough*, Specifically, I think Russia is a supporter of the OPFOR, but not directly allied with them, like the Soviets in the Vietnam War.

My thoughts are that BI will probably put Navy Seals to do the stealth operations underwater against Russians and not put any Spetsnaz units to do the same against US submarines or ships. Probably on every 5 US vehicles added in the game, they will put 1 Russian. See Russians have 2 attack planes in ArmA 2 and the USMC has 4 which 2 of them are harriers 1 with LGB 1 normal and have a C130 plane. The Russians just got Su-34 and Su-25. Please BI focus more on the Russian side as well.

Mate, the Russians haven't even been announced officially yet...

Plus, OPFOR is the more technologically advanced side this time . They are the big boys now.

Thinking about the somewhat heavy spec requirements of past and future Arma titles. I think it would be a great move to implement a 'cache-module' into Arma3. I realize that there are allready community scripts for caching units, but an optimized, mp-working, official module would imho be awesome. Of course it should be configurable:cool:

this might been said already but I'd like to see the ambient vehicle module (not sure what it's called but the module that places random cars) improved, ie don't place ural between 2 building where it's to small to place a ural. let the module check for objects you placed (like a checkpoint) and don't place a car 1 meter next to it (unrealistic, probaly won't happen in real). and let AI drive around (already saw in the first post something about make them drive fluid).

I agree with you there Rik, ive had to remove SYLVIE because custom made bases tend to get fucked up sometimes because of it.

Any objects (like large bases/fortification) that are placed in the editor should be recognised by not only SYLVIE but AI as well. Too many times have i seen AI just run straight through pre-placed h-barriers. :(

I hope if arma3 will contains:

1. Hellenic Army (with all forces) - not matter which side

2. Italian Army

3.More land wildlife and Marine Wildlife like whales, sharks and dolphins :)

4. IDF - if arma show israeli based vehicles like merkava 4

5. More wounded animations for civilians and women

6. able women use weapons (BIS can make sutable animations, not adding weapons instantly)

7. more amazing modules in Mission editor

8. CIA and russians like in Arma2

9. international flags and international radio-voices (like Takistani radio voices in ARMA2:OA)

One thing I would like to see improved in arma would be CQB. The CQB in ARMA2 is really generic, really open fighting. It doesn't have that feeling of close quarters like Call of Duty (I know, completely different game, game style.) Being able to enter a town/city and have that feeling of closeness to the enemy would be great for ARMA3. One minute your in a wide open forrest, next your in a heavily urban town. I hope having all the houses enterable makes it better, and really gives that feel of CQB.

8. CIA and russians like in Arma2

Am I missing something then? I see no CIA in ArmA 2.

Add an option to see detailed server information under multi-player. Like who's playing, any forced settings, time limits, ect...

Am I missing something then? I see no CIA in ArmA 2.

the talibans :j: