Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

OK, here is a vehicle i want to bring you a little bit closer:

Its the

"Proteus" autonomous submarine

proteus-submarine-columbia-group-underwater-predator-defense-400x300.jpg

When i first saw it, i couldnt believe how perfectly everything matches. Its almost, like it would have been designed for Arma 3. Not only because of its Style, but also due to its use and abilities.

Arma 3 has some key elements:

• Mostly protoypes or concepts are used.
  • More unnmanned devices are present on the battlefield.
  • The sea is now part of the warfare.

The Proteus ( which is even named by a greek god :) ) is an delievery vehicle but also able to operate autonomously in hostile territory and matches those key elements magnificently.

Its major advantage is that its dual-usable. Firstly is the man-controlled mode where it can deliever up to 7 combat swimmers. And secondly the unmanned mode. Imagine a scenario where you infiltrate the coast and insert the divers. The Proteus then has the ability to autonomously drive to an specific exfiltration point, where the divers who completed the objective, use it to exfil safely back to the eg main submarine.

In addition it is equipped with bomblets that represent undersea mines. ( Which would correspond perfectly with my little Undersea-mines concept). The Proteus can also carry Torpedos or other types of underwater weapons, which makes it in fact an underwater version of the Predator system. You can use it not only to deliever combat divers or infiltration missions but also neutralise small threads such as partol boats. Which opens an immense horizon of possible new scenarios.

This vehicle is an valuable addition to the Arma 3 armory, simply because of its broad range of abilities that would match perfectly to suspected Arma 3 scenarios.

snow, mud, swamps.

A additional ground layer wich will be displaced by objects, like wheels, tracks, units etc, and affect their movement speed.

Maybe a module or object placed, could be customized in "height", so we can have deep snow up on the walls of buildings, wet deep swamp so we sink into ground, same for mud on roads etc.

this would be a great diversity thing, imagine the winter battles that can be made out of any map, you get Takistan dusty desert, place a module with a param, [bIS_fnc_snow, 65] and you get Takistan with 65 cm of snow, anything under the top of snow could be deleted, so easier on the object/clutter count for map etc...

You could then get many maps out of a single one with just a simple module.

my arma3 wish....... they ditch the future crap

can everyone just cut the crap about the future stuff.

I don't mind--> we have an amazing modding community with some talented people.

Anyway as my wishes continue to grow:

1)since physx is being used I would like to see the cartridges who exit my gun fall on the ground. (not just cartridge models popping on the ground)

2)Visual changes in the environment depending on what season/weather it is.

(I.e.: when it's snowing in december the ground could/should be covered in snow and the trees shouldn't have any leafs,...)

3)Smoother conversation (what I mean is when I give my men the order to target a person I don't want to hear "ALL,..Target...that...person" but I want to hear "all target that person" in a smooth manner

4)Render to texture

(so it's possible to have rearview-mirrors etc...

I don't know if this will come with the TOH engine)

5)Again physx: have vehicles have working dampers/spring system.

6)Animated barrels for recoil effect

7)Improved FLIR image so it looks more like in real life (it's a bit vague I know)

8)Imporved AI pathfinding (both vehicles and soldiers)

EXTRA: helicopters to have a smooth aproach when landing and not just climb in the air on the place where they need to land.

Visual changes in the environment depending on what season/weather it is.

(I.e.: when it's snowing in december the ground could/should be covered in snow and the trees shouldn't have any leafs,...)

dont forget that its an greek island in the aegean sea ;)

To twist it right: Give things a wet look by adding a "wet" texture onto objects via displacement mapping when it rains.

next to that, agreed on most of the others.

Its rare, but it has snowed on Lemnos.

Greece used to have full four seasons, but because of the climate change, Spring and Autumn are disappearing and snow has almost but vanished in many places.

Tsk tsk tsk... do I have to keep correcting you PurePassion? :D

PurePassion, I almost discounted your Proteus as just another boring drone, but I love the idea of inserting a team, then having it float off on its own and come back later. The perfect co-op game raid.

@arigram i totally have to admit that my short trip just gave me some very dangerous semi-knowledge :D

@Daniel

Thats exactly where i see the advantage. Use it to gain access to the shore at one point, fight your way through the land towards the objective and then you dont have to go all the way back but enter the proteus at a much more suitable point. This and the ability to serve as a fighting unit give the proteus an unbeaten advantage.

Regarding the team, well you could make it another vehicle to have a greater number or just enhance the existing model and make it an SDV MK8 MOD3 and simply add some functions, so you dont have to make a complete new model.

dont forget that its an greek island in the aegean sea ;)

To twist it right: Give things a wet look by adding a "wet" texture onto objects via displacement mapping when it rains.

next to that, agreed on most of the others.

I had a bad example indeed but you gave it the right twist :p

Indeed I mean the wet look etc.

add a working bipod system

- add the possibility to bipod on Walls (vertical & horizontal)

-- make the leanpoint high enough to look & shoot over the wall

- add the possibility to turn around the bipod

- on vertical you can use the hand as bipod replacement to go around the wall without exposing your body to mutch

Weapon wear and tear. Especially for equipment like Railguns. Railguns barely last two rounds in real life, much less a whole ammo load of your average MBT. Jams and failiures in rifles would be cool too, and if done right, could really enhance the game.

wow i just thought about malfunction one second ago and now i read a post about it ^^ mind=blown

You could discuss this feature, especially because the equipment presented is more and more optimized to prevent malfunctions but it would still be a very nice addition. Maybe the team decides to implement some older and reworked weapons you can eg find hidden on the island during the campaign ( which would be highly appreciated by many members i think) and then give these weapons a high possibiliy to cause malfunctions. ( imagine scenarios where you are mostly unnarmed and you have to make a choice between changing an very old assault rifle which is known to cause malfunction but would give you more firepower with your new handgun which is not so punchy but very reliable by an guerrilla weapons dealer)

Completely new tactical aspect especially handy for the campaign!

More amphibious vehicles and ships like riverine patrol craft and perhaps

- Combat Boat 90 type

- M80 Stiletto

- Zubr Class LCAC

:)

Dear Developpers. Firstable i wan't to say that,your games are just awesome,continue to do great work you are very good,better than DICE for me.

Here i start to give my ideas,they are really simple.

Let's start with vehicle : AC-130,why ? : It's an overknown gunship,and lot of players can be inside to shoot the ennemis on the ground,it will increase the teamwork spirit imo.

Next one : The Mods : Please,let us create mods and maps on arma 3.

And the last one : We want to jump,it wasnt possible on ArmA 2,but maybe on ArmA 3 we will have the possibilty to jump why not.

THANKS BI and keep doing good work (sorry for my little english :/)

Please,let us create mods and maps on arma 3.

And the last one : We want to jump,it wasnt possible on ArmA 2,but maybe on ArmA 3 we will have the possibilty to jump why not.

BIS would be committing economic suicide if they remove the ability to mod ArmA 3. I suggest that you probably need not worry about this.

And jumping? No. Stepping over? Yes. Climbing in extremely limited circumstances? Perhaps.

You can vault over obstacles in ArmA2. That's quite enough "jumping" in the game. I guess controlled jumping like off a small cliff or off a roof maybe would be cool. But anything that would lead to bunnyhopping or jumping up and down while running or fighting has no place in ArmA.

My post just get locked down since it's not allow separated suggestion, so I make it here:

So far a lot of discussions about the advanced warfare and game engines for ARMA3, but I haven't see ANY of post in this session about military fed canines, not only human is in the battlefield.

War dogs in military is very important since they could track and sense more than human could, for example the scent, the hearing, and even having huge advantage when in melee assault. They could help soldiers to found hostile, IEDs or other hostile objects.

Even in special-operation the war dogs is useful to scouting and tracking the target.

Here's more info about war dogs: http://science.howstuffworks.com/war-dog.htm/printable

For some odd reason the battle of Ostagar comes to mind with the war dogs.

War dogs are everywhere, if military is really in actions. ;)

And for the AC 130? What do you think about it. It has been use in Middle Orient,where ArmA 3 will maybe take place.

All im hoping for is that they decide to try to use memory more instead of taxing the hard drive that lead to the not so great performance of arma 2.

And for the AC 130? What do you think about it. It has been use in Middle Orient,where ArmA 3 will maybe take place.

Iranian have adequate SAM for it. but who knows? Just not to make some futuristic wannabe planes like AC-17 (never exists, but think about the cargo size for it... hmm... why do I feel the C-17 with railgun, MetalStorm and air-burst grenade launchers?)