Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Nevermind the issue with the soldiers hands not connecting with the ladder-steps. The real ugly issue is that you remain in the ladder animation even when only your last foot is on the ladder, so you're balancing on one foot with your hands in the air.

That's the sort of thing that doesn't bother me one tiny bit. Getting up the ladder is the key thing - not how gorgeous you look while doing it :D I'm more interested in things like dense vegetation having a cumulative hiding effect from AI (ie several trees will hide you from notice more then one tree even if you're next to & not behind, simply because of blending of shape). Taking into account the camo of the unit, the shadowing, visual confusion etc.

Edited by DMarkwick

Imagine the difference in how big a target you are when comparing a realistic transition from ladder to roof, compared to the very odd solution that Arma2 is using. You are probably 0.5 - 0.6 meters higher up in the air than if you would have done a realistic transition.

It's been said, but my wishlist is:

- Transitions from and into vehicles, no teleportation

- Why can we open car-doors for cover on civilian, non-drivable cars, but not the one's we drive?

- One M4, and lots of optional attachments, not 20 M4's

- Weapon jamming, I think it adds a lot of immersion

- Selectable gear in the editor (like my screenshot a few posts back.)

- Shoot from vehicles

And of course, graphical optimization and better netcode :)

-More modules

-More close quarter weapons,more aircrafts, and more civilian vehicles

-More complex gameplay

-more advance AI

I think that is my wishlist for ARMA 3

If there's going to be SVD's then a proper hand cradle model, and some warfare module variations, and some form of ai respawn option from the editor and the implementation of some features from gl4/slx/dac, and a few more shapur sized/dense maps.

And finally an optional (module?) ai command system that can utilize what ever piece I place on the map intelligently... So I just place units down and some how magically they organize themselves and attack/defend/patrol or what ever depending on what other opposition units or triggers I place on the map along side them.

A stable version of MANDOS would be tops also. or a version like it.

And being able to fire you primary weapon outside humvees windows would be an asset for convoy protection?

I think it will be good if we can make IED without scripting

Anyone remember with the Ballistic Addon Studio blackhawks. WHen you disembarked without goggles your guy would cough and splutter unless you had goggles equipped? Its minor but adds so much to the game...

this guy said something simple but truth: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=120019

my first request is not a new tank or a feature, is just: plz, plz whatever you will

release, dont release a sort of alpha/beta version full of horribles bugs cuz is a fail. this modus operandi make the people leave the game. and personally i dont have nothing against more people in arma 3.

oh and if you will release a demo, same thing. make a good demo without stupid bugs as you guys never did.

before an arguable reply: im not saying you should release a game without any, even the smallest, bug(utopia). im saying guys you clearly made some mistakes with a1 and a2....;)

for the love of a3 learn something from your mistakes :bounce3:

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

Make bolt rifles manually cockable with mouse 1, like in Red Orchestra.

that would be indeed nice, but i personally would like to have the animations for such things as well as other weapons. At least some generic ones per class would suffice.

My Wishlist

-3D Editor

-Ragdoll engine, real vehicle physics (ageia physx)

-Optimised engine

-Fix major bugs of ARMAII (ladder climbing bug...)

-Customisable your weapon & choose your favourite weapon (flashlight, reddot, optics, silencer, grenade launcher, increased mag, double mag & maskings - forest camouflage, winter...) - system of Rainbox Six

-Ranking system & experience system (1000xp = new weapon) - system of Rainbox Six

-EDITOR: Some items/units you will need to unlock - just like in armory

-Knives, fist fights

-EDITOR: 3D Editor where you will can switch between them 2D/3D/3D realtime

-EDITOR: Advanced IED system,

-Covering system

-Advanced & optimisied animations - stopping animation, launching running animation

-Real reloading animation

-EDITOR: Ability to simply change load of soldier and user presets/favourite weapon set that the chooses in player profile as well army clothes etc...

-C4 Explosive that can be plant on doors

-Some new medic stuff like Adrenalin.

-Repair pack for engineers

-Medic pack for medics

-stick bombs (throw and it will stick on vehicle and then explode)

-EDITOR: Single factions (no blufor,opfor but for example US, UK, Afghani,...) and ability to make for example US with UK vs. Afghani or Afghani with US vs. UK.

first post updated**

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Careful BIS, looks like you got some new busines competitor at the simulation side.

Anyway, as its a wishlist, please try to make night and spark effects, as awesome as in this simulator:

US Dismounted Soldier Training System.

^^^ Particles look like OpticalSnares's :p

I like the grouping effect of the tracers tho.

ye, looks a bit like opticalsnares, but i think it even looks better :)

And i like the tracers, just like you watch a NVG footage from a warzone

-Ranking system & experience system (1000xp = new weapon) - system of Rainbox Six

stopped reading there..:(

Another thing I hope they do in Arma3 is the ability to use the proper scopes/sights of ALL weapons, there are several turrets and the like in Arma2/OA where you cant, aim down sight making them quite a bit less accurate. I would hope that BIS wouldn't feel the need to "nerf" various weapons as they usually balance themselves out on the battlefield IRL.

Implement a better more user and time friendly interface for selection of mods. Even switching between scenarios can require mods to be changed. Perhaps an auto-detect mechanism that could call mods when required would be able to be achieved. This would be the best.

Then you wouldnt have to quit and deactivate a mod that you had open for one scenario in order to continue on with another that you had proviously started because a mod is missing or extra.

It is a pain at times to have to shut down your game to turn on a mod. The new mod interface introduced with A2:OA is a step in the right direction....but I still hope it can be improved. I am not sure what the implications of this are from a technical perspective though.

Thanks

Frosty

My opinion:

- improve NetCode

- improve game physics

- better effects and sounds

- better campaign (like in OFP, campigns in Arma1/2 were totaly unplayable)

- less arcade style (switching between soldiers etc. ...)

Implement a better more user and time friendly interface for selection of mods. Even switching between scenarios can require mods to be changed. Perhaps an auto-detect mechanism that could call mods when required would be able to be achieved. This would be the best.

Then you wouldnt have to quit and deactivate a mod that you had open for one scenario in order to continue on with another that you had proviously started because a mod is missing or extra.

It is a pain at times to have to shut down your game to turn on a mod. The new mod interface introduced with A2:OA is a step in the right direction....but I still hope it can be improved. I am not sure what the implications of this are from a technical perspective though.

Thanks

Frosty

The reason is something to do with initialisation, but, I suspect it could be changed. Re-initialise the game from inside the game, don't load all the session dependencies on game load only.

I mean, once the game is up & running, keep the same session throughout, but once a flag is read, say a MP addon list, then reinitialise the game internally. Even if that initialisation is a game reboot in all but name only, I think it would be better recieved than the current system, which is to rely on the user to reboot the game after having manually set the addon mix.

Vehicles, objects should be rendered even in great distances, with minimal detail for example a rectangle than later a pixel.

It would be a good feature just to know if there is something in the distance, especially when piloting a plane.

For now only the terrain can be seen on a certain altitude/distance and objects simply disappear.

More of a dream rather than a wish or idea. I don't expect this to happen just because I ask and I can think of enough reasons why this wouldn't be added. I made this suggestion in the Game 2 forum & I suggest it again for all of the future titles, small tradition from this loyal customer ;);

Dirt & Weathering: For some added immersion seeing dust & dirt on objects after coming in contact them. Mud being formed by rain and also leaving traces on clothing perhaps. Walking inside a building with muddy shoes leaving prints behind.

Why? Immersion, that's all. I would love to see the environments becoming more 'interactive' with your character, vehicles and objects.

I would want to see more animations inside vehicles, like that the character accually turns the steering wheel and stuff.

And I want that vehicles get dynamic damage and not a health bar. for example if you drive a car and a small charge hits a door, only the place around the door get damaged.

And for god sake make the helicopters more endurable, I dont know how many times I have died by lucky shots from assault rifles.

Add counter measures in helicopters and airplanes so you got a chance to survive when a missile is coming your way.

Add counter measures in helicopters and airplanes so you got a chance to survive when a missile is coming your way.

We already have flares, so this is out of question, or what do you mean?

We already have flares, so this is out of question, or what do you mean?

Well, I meant flares.