Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

- stay on your SIMLINE

Even if you put in new Animations, Physix and so on. Dont let it get a too fast Arcade Shooter. Please stay on you stratagic and often a bit slower Line, and keep it a "Simulation".

Dont let it get a Battlefield, cod, or Operation Flashpoint 2..

You could explain how adding Physix makes a game arcadey.:j:

For the Editor general improvements

*Syntax highlighting for script init line

*Mission Parameters Section with hotkey, allowing fast editing of Mission objectives, breifings and other information while in the editors interface.

*Quick Placeable FX, Smoke plumes, fire, other FX, treated as objects.

*Notifiers for Modules that are not synchronized

*Total entity count on Map number on TOP right hand corner

*Mission you made and play with a certain mod like an Robert Hammers Ammo box for example please dont allow the mission to become dependent on it, and If I do remove the ammo box remove the required mod from the mission currently even if its not there anymore the mod will still be in the textfile for the mission.

* To compliment the above suggestion, Add a Required mods Section to the editor (with hotkey) this will display the latest build of the game, the mods that are required to play the mission with other players,

For example

Mission name: Operation Torchlight

Arma 3 Version: 1.0.88945

Required Addons:

Robert Hammer MG Weapon Pack Version 1.25

PLA Forces

ACRE

Map Publisher: FlashThunder (Arma 3 profile name)

Date Created: 8/5/2012

Latest change: 8/5/2012

^^^

This alone would help me out as a casual mission maker and overall add alot of functionality/and even more user accessibility to the editor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Some ideas I would like but probably wont make it in

*Spawn point system, Im dumb I couldnt figure out how to make spawns, placeable spawn points in editor, classified under tools.

*Placeable Checkpoint save locations (giving them depth, diameter, size)

*Easier to read altitude on map, maybe display that information in a small box, information would be from where your cursors location on the map.

Editor is all I do in Arma 2 so anything added to the editor to make it easier for me to create missions and add functionality is much appreciated. :)

Edited by Flash Thunder

Island..FUUUUUU.

"Terrains" are better, even if they have a coast like Chernarus. Having an island decreases the scope of what can be done, unless its a really big one.

@ colonel stagler: its a real big one :D

@ziip:

basicly nothing, i am just a little bit worried, that they could make the running too fast, the aiming too easy while that and maybe add jumps or smth like that :/ but i think my worries are not reasonable, just wanted to state it clear

What about making the IR lasers and the flashlights on the action menu, pressing L sometimes does not work and get's irritating

Correct the hand position on the guns... it just looks bad.

Warpo's comment, improve the weather system. It really sets the mood in games and it's not fun to play in perfect weather all the time (I know you can change the weather in the game, it still needs work).

... and animations/control of the game and I'll be a more than happy camper.

My turn.

My expectations:

• More complex armor simulation.
  • "Full Night Warfare" - IR Strobes, flashlights, flares, lasers (designators also visible throught NVG), lightsticks. Yep, all ACE stuff.
  • Weapon resting.
  • Animations! For manned weapons, small weapons, inside vehicles, animated interiors (wheel, levers, pedals). Enough with hover\clipping hands and static crew.
  • More believable civillian behaivor.
  • CQB for AI. (inside houses, using windows etc)
  • Disposable weapons.
  • Talking AI during firefights, less radio usage. Chit chat while on safe mode.
  • Better driving skills for AI, mainly while in convoys and in intersections (right now they go so slow in a T intersection...)
  • Make AI use bridges!!!!
  • Overall better FX. A2 wasn´t bad, but JTD Smoke &... and OS Blastcore added so much that they should be the base this time.
  • More idle animations.
  • EDIT: F*ck! How could I forget this: Integrated solution for mod download\management; dynamic mod (un)load. Aka SU or Yoma.

My wishes:

• "Get In.." like VBS or need to actualy enter the vehicles to take a seat.
  • More complex radio\VOIP system. Not so hardcore like ACRE but not so simple as A2.
  • Updated cargo\logistics systems.
  • Gore. (like RO)
  • Gear dialog inside the editor, to make and preview units loadouts without the need of 20 lines of code.
  • 3D Editor.
  • More real NVG, maybe with diferent generations of equipment. (Old = poor visibility, Actual = Better, Future = IR+NV...).
  • Persistent cartidges (both from small weapons and vehicles. AH-6+Gattling = steel rain), blood, used magazines and dirt!
  • More facial expressions.
  • No more exactly round count and stuff. Need to "check" pockets for mag cout. (quick animation just to "feel" whats left).

Theres much more that I don´t remeber right now. Anyway Im buying A3 just for the physics, anything better = bonus!

Edited by Smurf

add a live editor with full function...

that we can sandbox live the missions

add a real deploying system

Edited by SaltatorMortis

-Small Unmaned Air Vehicles (SUAV)

- Military Talon Robots

Helicopter features:

- Winching of injured ppl (Arma2 Blackhawk has a winch, but no feature for it)

- fast roping

- lifting small vehicles, ammoboxes, fuel barrels etc.

Medic system:

- stretcher for wounded ppl

Parachutes:

- Improve MP compatibility and performance pls, especially when lots of parachutes are deployed at the same time.

Mission/Campaign:

- Some untypical missions that show jobs, the military also does: e.g. Search and Rescue, Dropping goods with transport plane, civilian rebuilding etc etc.

-Satellite Imagery as an intelligence upgrade. Make it costly and slow and make it do a 3x3mile area as of when you asked for it minutes earlier. Full thermal for spotting RUNNING or recently running vehicles. Give the commander a reason to not be out in the field.

I would like to say, that enviroment and character moving and acting is perfect in FarCry 2 and I am SURE that if it will be possible change game engine on Ubisoft's Dunia engine (maybe its a expencive, but...) you will blow game world and will destroy all your competitor's. Because in Far Cry 2 you can fly, swim, crouch, fure and run very easy, as we breath, do not have to push many buttons to down or up on stairs, to jump etc. When you want run or sit, how many thing you do before? None, just sit, so let our virtual bodies do thing which easy in life, maybe little slower because of amunition, or wound, but easy. Also will be great to create possibilities to swim :). I love Far Cry 2 for freedom, for easyness, no time limits, you can walk and do your missions when YOU want, after campagn you can do many different thing, just play that game to understand what kind of ARMA 3 we want, easy fast, real. Just change your Engine, and we will make you rich

These have been stated by others I presume, so I'll just write what I think needs to be in the game for it to be a success;

My Expectations/"Need to be in" List:

- New Sound Engine. Including 3D Sounds, directional sounds. Realistic bullet cracks, different sounds for different environments (inside house, valley etc). Similar to that of Bad Company 2.

- Re-written/Completely new netcode. The Netcode in ArmA is pretty poor. The Desyncing and lag has become fairly bad over time. This needs to be investigated and fixed.

- New animations. As people have said, no more clipping, make reloading the weapon realistic, climbing a ladder, getting in and out of vehicles, crawling etc. Make them realistic and fluent.

- Smoother graphics. Better and smoother graphics is a must. Better models, better grounds textures, nicer terrain etc. I'm sure this is already on your To-Do list anyway.

- Optimisation. Sure ArmA 2 is awesome now, but that's what it needs to be on release. You need to optimise that engine to the max. Get the most juice out of it as you can, then make is extremely playable. Both in SP and MP (goes with the netcode).

- 3D Editor. This needs to be implemented. It's been in VBS2 for awhile, and was alpha in ArmA 2. Time for it to be implemented.

- Nicer Menu and GUI. The menu in ArmA 2 is nice, but it needs to be smooth, futuristic and welcoming to new players. The GUI needs to be changed and made to look nicer.

- A Bug-Free release. As people have said, ArmA 2 was slightly buggy when released which led to some poor reviews. A demo/beta needs to be released to a select few (maybe moderators on forums?) before you release the game just to make sure you have ironed out all the bugs. (Especially in the SP missions and campaign).

- BIS, take your time! There's no need to rush this game. We're still all enjoying ArmA 2. So take your time and make it the best it can be.

That's about it.

I'm 100% sure they have there new engine and are staying with that, they would not change that especially after beginning of development

Have it so that character carries weapon and deals with clipping similar to Metal Gear Solid 3. CQC is a lot easier because instead of the gun stopping you from turning the character presses the gun flat against himself or raises it slightly.. meaning you can move about freely without getting jammed.. Its also better than giving the guns noclip... because as in real life if you shove your gun flat against the wall you wont be able to shoot down that way...

Script Command to change model of units e.g. "changing clothes".

Here it goes again.

Same question as with Arma & Arma 2.

Will we be able to connect to the server with some kind of rcon, and read/alter game-data?

There are many thing but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE create a more intuitive and easy to use method of assigning equipment in the editor, it would make things so much easier.

the dutch marine corps! (in camo wich is the map, so probaly woodland).

talon-swords.jpg

Robots.

Specifically the TALON and/or Gladiator TUGV - would be great fun to use in ArmA 3.

I've seen the TALON modeled in a VBS2 video showcasing features so that would probably be the most feasible!

I think it is time that BIS gives us a setUnitSide command. Mission makers need it.

Edit:

How about more sides, or even allow us to assign factions to sides? This way i could put let's say for one specific mission Russia as West, so they would be friends with USA or the other way around. Immense possibilities.

SetFactionSide and SetUnitSide. Please BIS.

Edited by CarlosTex
Another idea.

How about more "diffrent" kind of explosions. Before I downloaded addons for Arma 2 I tought pretty much every combusable and/or explosvie made the same lame smokeplume and pretty much the same sound. So...yeah.

Improve please :D

Well ... more eye/face gear . It's a minor feature , but it adds diversity in MP . I was kinda bummed that there was only one color tint for the tactical eye gear in vanila Arma 2 .