Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Dont know if it was mentioned before,but i really like to the see ingame the chance to shoot with my M16 from sidekick seats of choppers like UH-60 or AH-6 !

If something ever was missing in ARMA2,then this.

2195619351_1973016bb0.jpg

My wishlist:make the AI functioning.

Maybe others want this feature or that feature and so on which is very good,but I want:

-infantry AI that works well

-AI to be able to drive well

-AI tanks that do their "tanking" stuff:p

-AI flying to actually fly and fight

Basically make the AI to use properly the toys at their disposal.I don't want ultra sophisticated maneveurs from AI but only to do their job in land&air(maybe sea too this time?).

A2CO has a good AI now but I don't want to wait a year or more again to have acceptable AI.

Examples that I hope I won't meet in 1.0 of Arma 3:

-tree-huggin choppers

-ultra advanced fighter jets that still dive bomb and tree-huggin just like copters

-tanks with belly up because of friggin rocks

-AI incapable of driving or keeping the vehicles on roads or in convoy

Also if you plan to add high tech toys please make the engine to actually support them(example in A2CO a damn MQ9 Drone has AI pilots in it because engine can't support unmanned class).

Dont know if it was mentioned before,but i really like to the see ingame the chance to shoot with my M16 from sidekick seats of choppers like UH-60 or AH-6 !

That's one feature that a dev has confirmed NOT to be in Arma3 - yet. They certainly know we want it, but it's apparently just one item on a long list of features they would like to implement. :)

As Rye said, NV devices (not only goggles).

The GenII devices (read here AN/PVS-4) are probably too old by the time of the game, so they probably would chose Gen III.

It would be nice, but I don't like the aspect of tacticool weapons, you know? I would put only NV Scope (if you chose this over goggles, maybe because of stability), not cowitnessing another optic. But, afterall, it should be up to the player to chose.

So, talking about attachments, in a common 5 rail gun (handguard top/bottom/left/right plus on top of the receiver), I could get the following options:

- Handguard (top): IR Illuminator/Designator, Close-combat Optic, Leaf Sight (for a Grenade Launcher, assuming it to be the M203)

- Handguard (left/right): IR Illuminator, Tactical Flashlight

- Handguard (bottom - only without grenade launcher attached, assuming it to be the M203/M320): Bipod, Forward Grip, Tactical Flashlight

- Receiver (top): Close Combat Optic, Rifle Combat Optic, Night Vision Scope, Carrying Handle.

All this assuming a rifle wich setup resembles the AR-15 platform. Additional changes may be possible due to different rifle setups.

I have in mind selecting only one of each to the five rails (four, with a GL), but some selections simply wouldn't make any sense (like putting three IR Illuminators/designators in a weapon), so you wouldn't be able to put the same attachment in different rails. Also, some attachments allow others to be put in the same rail, like the bipod and the tactical flashlight in the bottom handguard rail, that allows the forward grip too.

*sorry for possible nomenclature mistakes.

Edited by [GR]Operative

Animations for entering and exiting vehicles like trucks, APC's and Helicopters. Just throwing it out there :)

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Hi,

I just want a good story!

For now, that's all.

Thank you,

-Luc-

Well thats nice and all but in my opinion thats the LAST thing BIS should focus on. Arma is a simulation of the modern day battlefield. That means that its focus is on realisticly recreating an open inviroment with gameplay that closely mimics the real world. Adding all that and then having enough time and enough creative people to come up with an original and compelling storyline is pretty much impossible. If you want that I'd recommend the new Battlefield.

I just hope a good storyline won't go at the cost of a quality product :(

need more speed movement (add skill in arma)

do not be under the impression to be an very old man

be able to enter in vehicle and eject rapidly

to change weapon rapidly ...

I need more C4 possibility

able to stick on tanks

able to throw C4

add C4 remote

not like in battlefield but something between battlefield and arma

Edited by gonza

Ai that will split into fireteams, one team will put down heavy supressive fire, the other(s) move to flank/assault enemy. Also soldiers can already bound and leapfrog, but teams should be able to do this aswel. AI can see what you see, so a camoflague implimentation that still makes the ai realistic (not super stupid and blind just because you're in combat camoflague gear in a shadow (cough far cry) would be cool.) Also ai canot see through grass, smoke, dust, walls and through the back of their head ;)

realistic body armour, ball, armour piercing and other types of rounds being included rather than just "30round STANAG", fast roping, all buildings enterable, vehicle interiors, 3d sound engine, cool visuals like stuff seen in WarFX, better vehicle armour simulation.

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:33 ----------

Improved medical system! Netcding improvements, optimisation!!!!!

• Graphics

• Support different graphics profile per user
      I don't know about others, but even if I consider my machine powerful there are of course maps where I need to alter the settings. In my experience it depends mostly on the map, not such much about vehicles unless you've a LOT of them. I'd love to be able to choose quickly between a few presets of my graphics settings. Does not have to work in-game, going to video settings and being able to quickly select a pre-set would be fine. You know, one size doesn't fit them all thing.
    • Finer control over post-processing graphics settings
      Be able to set HDR separately from Bloom separately from motion Blur. I like HDR, but I hate Blur. But I can't get them separately.
    • Texture morphing bug
      There's this bug sometimes when you look down in a certain angle on the terrain and move your mouse slightly you see the texture morphing in same unnatural way (can't find the post unfortunately)

[*]Built-in demo recording/playback functionality

Jesus that would be so great to record a game and later cut a movie of it; in-game. See COD:BO, this feature is really absolutely awesome. You can move your camera wherever you want, follow every player, vehicle etc, share your moment (no need to generate big movies all the time, demo formats are much small in size), etc.

[*]Forrest/vegetation: fallen trees/logs

All forests I've seen in-game (ok, maybe I haven't seen them all?) all have straight up healthy trees. What about the some fallen trees, logs covering the woods, etc. Some block your way, use could crawl under them, some you can step on, etc.

• Forrest/vegetation: fallen trees/logs
    All forests I've seen in-game (ok, maybe I haven't seen them all?) all have straight up healthy trees. What about the some fallen trees, logs covering the woods, etc. Some block your way, use could crawl under them, some you can step on, etc.

There are tons of fallen trees in Arma 2 ;)

campeign online playable (just like ArmA2 and ArmA2OA).

Texture morphing bug

There's this bug sometimes when you look down in a certain angle on the terrain and move your mouse slightly you see the texture morphing in same unnatural way.

This is because of the parallax mapping effect. It allows a 2d texture to have 3d depth when in reality its just a 2d texture it uses some brilliant trickery to pull it off, but yes it does only work at certain angles, so what you're seeing is the effect wearing off and your eyes seeing the texture as it is in 2d.

This is because of the parallax mapping effect. It allows a 2d texture to have 3d depth when in reality its just a 2d texture it uses some brilliant trickery to pull it off, but yes it does only work at certain angles, so what you're seeing is the effect wearing off and your eyes seeing the texture as it is in 2d.

you should real some more on that. Parallax mapping is NOT displacement mapping => no 3d depth, only the perception of it

I would want:

- interior fights (in buildings, caves, ...)

- caves, rivers, or maybe even underground tunels

- submarines

- improved reflaction (HDR or postprocess or what it is - not good now)

That's one feature that a dev has confirmed NOT to be in Arma3 - yet. They certainly know we want it, but it's apparently just one item on a long list of features they would like to implement. :)

Good to know.And thanks for the link.I really hope it will make it.:satisfied:

My few wishes:

On AI:

1. Being able to tell the AI that his main weapon should be that Javelin / 84mm RFK, instead of a pistol / rifle.

2. AI to react on orders, even under fire... Example a tank is approaching, the AI switches to Danger mode, you order AI to board car, he runs around the car three times, going down to prone, standing up, looks through his iron sights, laying down again, running a few meters west, the south. Tank is now visible, AI has been retarded for at least 30 seconds, now he boards but all to late, you are blown out of the sky.

3. AI Should react to type of class. Medics should start heal team members without the need for SL to order healing. Anyone shouting out "Wounded" or "I'm hit" should get medics attention automatically.

4. When AI is spotting something, he should say "unkown spottet North, close, medium or far" instead of "unkown spottet 11 o clock...."

On gameplay:

1. Less bugs. Arma 2 is pretty close to perhaps the best game I have ever played (I have played CG since the early 80is). The only flaw is the countless annoyances found in the game in form of bugs.

2. Make the perfect driving / flight simulator. Flying helos and planes in ARMA is not "the real deal". Flight in Arma should be less arcade and more real life simulators. Flight today is almost to easy and to hard.

3. Netcode need some redoing, warping should not be an issue with todays broadband connections, computers and servers.

4. Voice activated orders. Instead of pressing 3 different buttons, scrolling the mouse AI should react voice activated orders: "Disembark, board car, suppressive fire front, Team with flank left etc."

there is my wish list:

1. Israeli Defene Forces

2. Armed-Women units

3. Cinematic Animations

4. Vehicles-bombs

Hi,

Animations for entering and exiting vehicles like trucks, APC's and Helicopters. Just throwing it out there :)

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Well thats nice and all but in my opinion thats the LAST thing BIS should focus on. Arma is a simulation of the modern day battlefield. That means that its focus is on realisticly recreating an open inviroment with gameplay that closely mimics the real world. Adding all that and then having enough time and enough creative people to come up with an original and compelling storyline is pretty much impossible. If you want that I'd recommend the new Battlefield.

I just hope a good storyline won't go at the cost of a quality product :(

I dont understand you... How it's impossible?

CWC, Resistance, Harvest Red and BAF (first missions) were well done and demonstrated than OFP/ARMA is a good game.

In fact, the campaign and scenarios should show us the game at its best.

It's like an introduction to the game... It's like a showcase.

Nothing suppose to be better than that...

Thank you,

-Luc-

On AI:

1. Being able to tell the AI that his main weapon should be that Javelin / 84mm RFK, instead of a pistol / rifle.

I would add more assuredness of weapon and less timidity of firing. Nothing worse then watching your perfectly placed AT guy watching that enemy tank approach the ambush point but he decides to go into the weapon switch shuffle dance. Hold your AT weapon unless there is an imminent soft target enemy in the immdiate area or you gotta run for cover (AT should be dropped even).

Edited by froggyluv

Do you know what i have alsways been dreaming of?

Vapor trails for (high caliber) weapons!

They tend to be visible almost every shot from different angles and are the key element for the Spotter and Shooter for observing the bullet trajectory and bulletdrop.

This feature completes the sniping experience in Arma III, next to possible 3d scopes ( due to RtT)

Vapor trails and heat mirage (which already exists in OA in an very simplified version) are valuable additions to a realy immersive Arma III

In addition, i dont know any FPS shooter\sim that features this, so this would be an other revolutionnary feature never seen before. And i think this thought is a little motivation ;)

Edited by PurePassion

Suppression effects like in project reality, Darkest Hour, or insurgency could be really great and not really difficult to do !

Project Reality

SHOmNyGdeh0

Darkest Hour:

kkiFrUSxjA0

I'd love to see more support for moving/fighting inside buildings and underground. Other than that, my main wish is for a stable (as bug-free as possible!) platform that continues to enable/support user-generated content.

There are a lot of good ideas in this thread...I hope the devs are taking notes!

As already mentionend, a knife or fist-usage / use of hands in general would be quite useful. E. g. for carrying some stuff around (loading, unloading) or clearing the path from little obstacles (free a door of some crap to get into the room behind....). Some other thing to get rid off: If your only have a handgun, you always running around with the drawn weapon - like always beeing in alert-status. So please make something like "holster sidearm" available as default.

I wan't reallystic sounds for weapons and vehicles. I wan't more animations and this time please don't make animation class names too long like in armas! Who can remember this: this switchmove"ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_MarianQ_TVstudioMan" ??????) How in OFP I was remember all commands, that's easy: (this switchmove"EffectStandSalute";this playmove"FXCivilLyingDying" ...ect) I wan't more vehicle moving reallysm, I wan't very good MP and like as you downloading some mission for time playing (Okay let's call it sending data ...) make as you can download and required addons and get it in AddOnsCache .. Yea with that make as a admin server option "Let him download required addons or not", make a low and long grass, and that's it. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Too I have to add: Make weapon reload animation!