Sign in to follow this  
Kristian

Return to sahrani

This is what I'd love in maybe some future DLC.

The Sahrani islands from ArmA1, remade to OA standards. All enterable buildings, destroyable bridges and nice looking forests and deserts like in OA and ArmA2.

CAA1 is nice, but I think the Sahrani would look and feel alot better if remade to fit ArmA2 theme, with all new buildings. Maybe not DLC, but an Expansion. With the RACS as all new faction, given them their own language (Spanish / Portugese?) and weapns etc, and same with SLA. And as OA brought us some new Army guys, maybe this would focuse on Marines again? Since... well you know.. Every BIS product needs some main focus on US forces or else it wouldn't be so popular. Tell me your thoughts :)

Really like this idea. Sahrani was easily my favorite map, lots of variation, interesting places to fight. Feel like it would be a lot of work though and wouldn't come cheap.

There was a discussion about the Island here, however as you say, the units (SLA & RACS) would be cool.

Edited by Hellfire257

And as OA brought us some new Army guys, maybe this would focuse on Marines again?

I like your thinking, mate. Sahrani has deserts, and some U.S. Marines in desert MARPAT would be nice. ;)

Rahmadi is also a great map. Once I made many little MP maps for ArmA 1 on it. I don't see a reason for RACS and such returning, but the islands themselves including all objects and buildings in ArmA 2 standard would be really great.

It would be fantastic to have all the A1 stuff back into A2.

CAA1 just didn't cut it. Too bugged out from what I hear.

It'd be nice to have:

Rahmadi

Porto

Sahrani (North and South)

Sahrani Lite (was just South)

It'd be nice as the old RPmods guys would be able to start SLU back up maybe.

Those were the days.

I love sahrani, it's 2x bigger than Chernarus and more better. SLA & RACS are also cool.

I don't think it was 2x bigger than Chernarus, especially as it had terrain you couldnt cross, such as mountains etc.

I do wish they would remake it though. I miss the days of ArmA. :(

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

CAA1 just didn't cut it. Too bugged out from what I hear.

CAA1 was never finished. Kju stopped work on it but opened it up to the community. I'm not sure if there has been an update since but I don't think so.

I don't think it was 2x bigger than Chernarus, especially as it had terrain you couldnt cross, such as mountains etc.

I do wish they would remake it though. I miss the days of ArmA. :(

The distances you can travel in a straight line are still near double as far as in chernarus. Also. The archipelago with all the small and medium sized islands and the two bigger ones with airstrips was very nice.

sahrani made transport helos very, very usefull.

Chernarus is only half the size, and the water surfaces are good for making a distance on Sahrani map.

The narrow landbridge at Corazol made for some good scenarios.

Edited by Beagle

Also boats were pretty useful, too. It really made warfare interesting.

2 thumbs up for an updated sahrani.

When I first bought ARMA 2, it was my first exposure to the arma series - yet Sahrani and Porto were my favorite maps (CAA1).

And yes, CAA1 was worked on some to fix roads and bridges.

Itd be great to have these maps with updated everything.

Oh yes please BIS; arma1 islands in a DLC! You have all the material done, make it work in arma2 (shouldnt be too hard or take too much time?) and sell it back to us once more. I'll gladly buy it, I miss the islands!!

No thanks, better if BIS would create a new big island instead of "just porting/revamping" these holiday islands of Sahrani (incl. the Isle of Shit). ;):p

No thanks, better if BIS would create a new big island instead of "just porting/revamping" these holiday islands of Sahrani (incl. the Isle of Shit). ;):p

What the eff does that even mean?

As they already have the files, why not re-use it? Alot of players want them and I guess Im not alone buying that DLC is it comes.

Well I wouldn't like a straight port either. Inproved enterable buildings in OA quality is one big thing I wish for all future ArmA games and maps. Thanks for the support guys. Lets hope BIS sees this, and takes this idea into considertion. :)

DLC would weight around a gig... with that size I would rather see an alternative: Modern Sahrani for A2 - all old buildings replaced with new ones. As we can see from amazing Mondkalb's work, using new tech and skillz cuts down the size of addons considerably.

BIS developers should be creative enough and not only going to revamp & sell the xx..th version of an island as DLC. Its like trying to sell "old wine in new wineskins". Of course few people will buy it anyway but all the others will ask for a little more progress and new content. ;)

My point is that alot of work is already done and shouldnt take that much time from BIS?

I had the impression that old wine is more fancy... ;)

My point is that only re-using/porting islands is like trying to milk customers with old content. Sorry but thats a bit too cheap and flat... :wine:

I'd also like a revamped Sahrani2

It did have more variety of terrain than Chernarus.

Well, at the end, a redone Sahrani would give more than sharpur and proven grounds together...:p

so +1

Edited by swissMAG
typo