smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

The addon is incompatible with the latest beta patch, v80955. Deleting the various beta hotfixes doesn't work as it used to as it seems to cause a tonne of error messages to pop up.

It's an annoying problem for sure: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19730

Over at ACE we can't work around it properly either, because it would mean requiring the beta, or providing a supplemental pbo that would handle the things.

All in all it's a bit of a disappointing situation, it are old anim changes, older than in the patch 1.59, and like you said; before the current beta patch you could simply remove CA_Hotfix154, but now it is not possible to remove it because it contains other (new) changes required by engine.

Let's hope BIS spends the 2 minutes required to solve the situation,

people probably aren't testing the beta (in MP) because of it.

Edited by Sickboy

Let's hope BIS spends the 2 minutes required to solve the situation,

people probably aren't testing the beta (in MP) because of it.

Sure.

its posible make the IA take cover in the wall like the player?

That would be truly awesome, however I'm afraid Smookie did say we shouldn't expect any new animations in this mod aside from what is already there or announced to be added in the next version.

I know,but I had to say this, maybe in future versions. This one is rather important, if one dosnt want to work much he can just reverse climbing up animations :D.

its posible make the IA take cover in the wall like the player?

I think I saw AI using cover, however Im not sure as they tried to kill me at the same time :lol:

Edited by Taro8

Not that it doesn't work, but afaik it would need some ammendment to the stamina-system in ACE (or just config-values? Haven't looked at how sys_stamina works in detail) to work as it should with the new animations, and stuff like that. :)

Inkompetent

Thanks for the information.

I have totally stayed away just in case it was bad for ACE. But this pack looks so amazing.

Would it some how give an advantage\disadvantage to those using it over those not using it with ACE in it's current unACE altered config?

If that even makes sense to those reading it?

Thanks

Well currently I'm using a previous version (for some reason the most recent had me constantly barrel combat rolling, lol) with ACE. With the ACE stamina, after climbing up and over a fence, my guy sounds winded. While some would say that's a bad thing, I love it. Makes me feel like I really did hop over a wall. Plus I know damn well if my now fatty mcbutterpants fat ass tried climbing a wall, I'd end up blacking out and needed someone to wave a cheeseburger over me to revive me. So I'm liking the combo here personally, lol.

The most likely release date is 11th of June. The pack will come out in 0.25 version, being probably extremely great advancement from 0.20. Since the competitive gaming scene has died in ArmA2 and there is absolutely no point in playing massive lame PvPs, the pack will be reoriented towards more cooperative playing in further releases. Stay tuned :)

boooooooo :P

AnS = great

AGW = okish

ArmA needs PvP.

the pack will be reoriented towards more cooperative playing in further releases. Stay tuned :)

Sounds good for me! Really looking forward to the changes.

how much should we expect the AI to take advantage of the animations in the next version, if they do at all?

It's a question to Reezo but I wouldnt suspect much changes in 0.25

ArmA needs PvP

+1

Bots just don't do it for me........

does Anyone know death animation pack for arma2 ??

There will be one :)

Would it some how give an advantage\disadvantage to those using it over those not using it with ACE in it's current unACE altered config?

Well, you would look really glitchy to everyone else trying to shoot you, and your position on the server might not be the same as the one you think you have with your animation pack.

Since no one without the mod can see your moves like you do, simply never ever use this addon unless the server and all other clients also use it.

Will cause the least issues for all :)

Well, you would look really glitchy to everyone else trying to shoot you, and your position on the server might not be the same as the one you think you have with your animation pack.

Since no one without the mod can see your moves like you do, simply never ever use this addon unless the server and all other clients also use it.

Will cause the least issues for all :)

Thanks Inkompetent.

I bit the proverbial bullet and added this, IT IS AS GOOD AS I THOUGHT!!!

I also mandated it on my Dedicated Server(I can do that I own it and run it)

Thanks for the heads up.

WOW I love the changes this brings to the game.

@Smookie,

Could you make a lite version of your anims pack for those(like me) seldom play PVP missions?

I mean while in the posture of presenting rifle, walking, push walking and crouching make a soldier look like a robot. Just maintain those vanilla anims. Thus, I bet your anims pack would be more welcomed.

Other anims are really a good improve for the whole game. Such as blind fire, sniper sitting, back wall, jump over obstacles.....

Anyway, thanks for your great work.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

If you wanted that idea simplified you could create a userconfig that allows you enable or disable certain stances.

If you wanted that idea simplified you could create a userconfig that allows you enable or disable certain stances.

-------Good suggestion, but create a userconfig is beyond my knowledge, can anybody help?:p

Well that's something Smookie and his buddies would have to do.

I don't know about the userconfig feature. Userconfig files allow a certain degree of hack-ability that would allow some cheaters to get an edge, especially in those (rare) competitive gaming moments of the ArmA-tmopshere (second time I use this new word of mine, lol).

Well the idea would be for the users to be able to disable or enable certain stances. That'd be about it.

I have a question I feel may have been asked before...

What if we don't have a mouse thumb button?