smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

Apparently, my mod uses my own custom collision shapes which are somewhere in the middle between troublesome ST and vanilla.

Apparently, my mod uses my own custom collision shapes which are somewhere in the middle between troublesome ST and vanilla.

Would you recommend turning off ST Movement? I've yet to notice any bugs.

Would you recommend turning off ST Movement? I've yet to notice any bugs.

Possibly because they both modify something? So maybe eventually one of them ends up affecting and the other one ignored, or something like that. So no bugs, but also not working as intended by smookie.

It all depends which mod you put as the last one in the mod parameter. I believe ST and SMK will interefere with each other and only the one to be loaded as the last mod will force it's settings.

Yeah, but your custom animations have custom collision shape lines, so even after applying ST movement mod they arent changed and still have gun collision. Im talking about running with gun draw and such. ST movement dosent edit collisions models, they change collision shapes lines for animations, so new ones (like ones added by your mod) arent affected by ST movement.

Edited by Taro8

The difference is that ST movment dosent change 3D models containing collisions, they just assign different one to animation. For example: Combat stand have collision shape:

file = "\smk_anims\anims\smk_CombatStand_st.rtm";
[u][b]collisionShape = "smk_anims\geom\rs.p3d";[/b][/u]

Since this is custom animation ST movment will NOT affect it, you would need to manually change collision shape to this:

collisionShape = "ca\Anims\Characters\data\Geom\Sdr\Perc_Mrun_Slow_Wrfl.p3d";

At least that's how ST movment does this.

Edited by Taro8

But the path is changed... its the same thing... One interferes with another...

No it is not, every animation has collision shape assigned, your animations have ones with gun collisions, ST movement cannot chage them. It only affects vanilla animations, ones defined in ST movement mod config file. Custom ones like yours remain unchanged.

Edited by Taro8

For everyone who wants to mix and match incompatible addons;

Create your own config that requires both the other mods, then make the adjustments you want, and load that addon.

Share it here for others to use and perhaps improve, expand etc...

That is all you need, unless the original authors of the Mods decide to do it for you.

But really, it isn't their responsibility, so would be a nice bonus, but if they decide not to, then it's time for YOU to get your hands dirty for 5 minutes and do it yourself :)

Edited by Sickboy

For everyone who wants to mix and match incompatible addons;

Create your own config that requires both the other mods, then make the adjustments you want, and load that addon.

Share it here for others to use and perhaps improve, expand etc...

That is all you need, unless the original authors of the Mods decide to do it for you.

But really, it isn't their responsibility, so would be a nice bonus, but if they decide not to, then it's time for YOU to get your hands dirty for 5 minutes and do it yourself :)

I do not intend to start some kind of discussion over this topic but I have to write that I totally agree with Sickboy.

I am not building fences against suggestions but it is extremely important for everyone to treasure the above, in my humble opinion.

Well, I just wanted to make clear how ST movement got rid of gun collision. I tried making my own config, but I have loads of problems.

Well, I just wanted to make clear how ST movement got rid of gun collision. I tried making my own config, but I have loads of problems.

Thanks for understanding :)

Im new to Arma 2 modding, and Im unable to even open new SMK config.bin, even then Im not sure how to properly binirize it, that is why I was hoping for alternative version.

I just hope that my little bitching helped out a bit.

Now you know how to remove gun collisions like its done in ST movement! And knowing is half the Battle!

Edited by Taro8

Just started a test SMK enabled server, 85.171.255.202:2312. I'll need to push some missions on it

Just started a test SMK enabled server, 85.171.255.202:2312. I'll need to push some missions on it

Get some urban heavy map like Fallujah, SMK moves really shine on such maps, then add Urban Patrol Script with copies of enemies. Loads of fun, even better with mood jukebox.

Edited by Taro8

The addon is incompatible with the latest beta patch, v80955. Deleting the various beta hotfixes doesn't work as it used to as it seems to cause a tonne of error messages to pop up.

Edited by Laqueesha

what is your point? the last beta is highly experimental, and there is no way an addon maker should update based on betas containing old files

what is your point?

Just letting other users know in advance, to save them a tonne of frustration when they try to run the addon with the beta.

Would be awesome to have an ACE compatible version that also incorporates weight and stamina options.

This would be a nice match.

It works very well with ACE and SLX, dunno about extra stuff, but I didnt experience any troubles with combination of those mods.

It works very well with ACE and SLX, dunno about extra stuff, but I didnt experience any troubles with combination of those mods.

Not that it doesn't work, but afaik it would need some ammendment to the stamina-system in ACE (or just config-values? Haven't looked at how sys_stamina works in detail) to work as it should with the new animations, and stuff like that. :)

I love this mod, I use it in SP and the anims are great, are something like OFP anims

OH! I just got great idea for new animations that IS pretty important. We need animations of safely getting down from 1 story building roof, as for now you cant do that without hurting yourself or using ladder, stairs etc.

Edited by Taro8

OH! I just got great idea for new animations that IS pretty important. We need animations of safely getting down from 1 story building roof, as for now you cant do that without hurting yourself or using ladder, stairs etc.

That would be truly awesome, however I'm afraid Smookie did say we shouldn't expect any new animations in this mod aside from what is already there or announced to be added in the next version.