smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

If only you could pull this off without 3rd person :)

BTW is there anything new in the animations or are you "just" testing the scripts that check which animations should be allowed?

Also I don't really notice any real steadiness difference between standing, kneel, crouch and sniper sit. But then again there isn't really a difference in steadiness between standing and crouch in vanilla. It is something that could be improved here though, but then again not sure if it would fall within the scope of the mod or not.

Edited by galzohar

The engine doesnt allow for what you would call difference in steadiness. The value i can change is aimprecision which increased over 1 (standing already has one and prone has -2 ,sniper sit is -1,1 and crouch/kneel are inbetween) will result in massive shaking while tired. If i changed this, you would complain its unnatural :P

There could be something done with recoil i believe, but this is a subject to future releases.

There will be some fixes to existing back to wall anims, but they are not visible in the videos above.

Regarding the Slide animation.

It feels a bit unnatural. It should at least carry some momentum of the run, maybe by sliding you forward 2-3 feet? The animation looks great already, I just think it should move you forward while doing it.

EDIT: Just did a search and saw that this issue has been brought up before.

I still think that the slide should at least push you forward somewhat, it seems like you just stop and slide in place.

Edited by zuff

Again, it all depends on what terrain you are trying to slide. Believe me - asphalt, grass or sand - you will not get further than that in uniform and combat boots.

Again, it all depends on what terrain you are trying to slide. Believe me - asphalt, grass or sand - you will not get further than that in uniform and combat boots.

I recall someone telling people over and over in this thread that "It's a game"? ;)

I love the mod, it seriously is the best thing that has happened to Arma, but I don't think it would hurt for a tad longer slide. It's not really useful at the moment.

It looks silly but has been introduced via script. Still, I encourage to use the DH (click roadmap link in my sig to get there fast) and make a ticket when an issue arises.

It looks silly but has been introduced via script. Still, I encourage to use the DH (click roadmap link in my sig to get there fast) and make a ticket when an issue arises.

Haha thanks Smookie.

I'll test it out, see how it feels.

Maybe in the future have it as a variable that can be changed either by the server or client side?

Zuff, no variables, I think. If we take that road we should probably leave everyone the uncompressed mod to let them develop their own :)

I added some more thrust to the slide, I find it to be pretty balanced and realistic (I was the one to ask Smookie "isn't the dash too short?").

At least now it is a parameter we can modify without touching the animations.

Zuff, no variables, I think. If we take that road we should probably leave everyone the uncompressed mod to let them develop their own :)

I added some more thrust to the slide, I find it to be pretty balanced and realistic (I was the one to ask Smookie "isn't the dash too short?").

At least now it is a parameter we can modify without touching the animations.

Good to hear. I think there's a ticket already in the DH that I put about AI becoming stuck in Sniper Stance, but lately I've noticed some other weird issues they're having.

Once a bunch of enemy AI charging toward me did a lot of combat rolls then they slid across the ground in a sniper stance towards my position. It looked very funky.

Then another time I noticed AI that were dead but just standing in place. Not sure if this has to do with new death animations. Should I make a ticket for this too?

There are no death animations in the release. Make sure you are using the latest one.

There are no death animations in the release. Make sure you are using the latest one.

I was using Release 0.20 build 7

Six Updater doesn't seem to download the readme as well, any chance to fix it so people who download through six will get the proper readme inside their @smk folder?

Good news - release 0.25 will be probably out faster than expected. I have finished all stances for back to wall position (stand + kneel for both left/right side) and thus nearly all moves I wanted to implement in the modification are already there (of course, there might be some surprises:P). Therefore all that is left is to start fixing visual glitches and giving the animations more natural look :)

The readme txt file in my @SMK folder seems to be an older version compared to what I can see on the Six Updater page. Direct download of this mod has the txt file in the parent directory and not in the @SMK folder (though IMO it's better to have it in @SMK), but either way I don't have the latest readme anywhere in my Arma 2 OA folder (other than the older one that I have from downloading an older version before it was added to Six Updater).

Also, the Six Updater readme page seems to ignore tabs, which makes it rather difficult to read.

@galzohar, try to run reset action and make sure it is converted to SU and updated :)

But perhaps we should move to SU comment section. Readme stuff ticketed http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19537

Edited by Sickboy

Good news - release 0.25 will be probably out faster than expected. I have finished all stances for back to wall position (stand + kneel for both left/right side) and thus nearly all moves I wanted to implement in the modification are already there (of course, there might be some surprises:P). Therefore all that is left is to start fixing visual glitches and giving the animations more natural look :)

This is AMAZING news. I can't believe how fast you guys are knocking this stuff out!

Good job and good luck on finishing it up!

JkdGBCplNOw

yet another small feature

yet another small feature

Looks perfect! Not to rush you or be a bother, but when can we expect .25? :D

I can't wait for this update any more!

Edited by zuff
removed video from quote

I've been using this since the first release and won't play without it. This is one of coolest things to use hands down. Also amazed to see just how much this is progressing and what you're doing with it. My virtual hat is tipped to you sir for a fantastic job and a huge thank you for providing it to the community to enjoy as well. :)

Nice addition. Fixes the problem of people going from full sprint to as still as a statue in less than a second. ;)