smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

Awesome work!

Another vote for mod of the year, and another mod that's now loaded up automatically when I start playing. Your roadmap looks very promising, too.

Only thing I found a bit odd was that sprinting using 'turbo' key gives you the fastest sprint in the game. When you come to a halt, however, your reticule shows pretty much zero dispersion immediatelt, even after a long period of sprinting. This works for the combat roll, too. Not sure I mind this, since it makes the SP more fun, but might be a pretty big issue for PVPers and the realism crowd?

damn! still AI sniper sit issue. if it werent for that little thing this mod would be absolutely epic.

just tried this mod, and damn hell, why hasn't BIS implemented a comparable level of movement variation in arma2? especially things like blind shooting around corners, the amazing different crouches, the run and slide, drop to prone on side, raise up a little on prone to see above grass and the vault over obstacles.

well done to the author of this mod. Digging it. look forward to further developments that bring in more fluidity as well as wall to back left hand version. with the amount of innovation seen here it is only natural that some things look awkward - but i reckon it is amazing what's been done here.

damn! still AI sniper sit issue. if it werent for that little thing this mod would be absolutely epic.

Please use DH to post issues!

Great to see such a game-changing mod reaching maturity so quickly.

Respect for your solid commitment and ability to take on-board constructive criticism.

Can't wait for this to be released.

BTW in MP can it simply be run server-side? Or must it be run client-side?

Also what happens if only 1 player uses it? Will other players be able to witness the changes in animations?

BTW in MP can it simply be run server-side? Or must it be run client-side?

Also what happens if only 1 player uses it? Will other players be able to witness the changes in animations?

The mod must be run client-side on all connected clients. Clients without the mod will experience weird model behaviour when watching clients with the mod active. I've never tried running it server-side, it should not cause any problem but I think it will be simply useless.

quick update:

- Grenade lobbing is fixed, it should be no longer possible to throw on your feet or 10Km away, when facing a wall.

- Wall climbing now checks for actual objects that can be climbed and their direction to the player (the credits go to Xeno for the original script, I just adapted it): this avoids climbing in thin air with all the bad consequences.

- Blind fire will no longer be possible with heavy weapons, generally speaking machine guns and sniper rifles.

- Wall climbing now checks for actual objects that can be climbed and their direction to the player (the credits go to Xeno for the original script, I just adapted it): this avoids climbing in thin air with all the bad consequences.

- Blind fire will no longer be possible with heavy weapons, generally speaking machine guns and sniper rifles.

That is just awesome! :)

Smookie, just wanted to say OMG THIS IS AMAZING.

So amazing that I'm forcing my small team to to start playing with it IMMEDIATELY.

You know of any issues with ACE with this mod?

Here's a demonstration video I made for shits and giggles:

Damn good job.

EDIT: Sorry didn't realize that Smookie was the main developer behind this!

Edited by zuff

The mod must be run client-side on all connected clients. Clients without the mod will experience weird model behaviour when watching clients with the mod active. I've never tried running it server-side, it should not cause any problem but I think it will be simply useless.

All connected machines in MP should have the same animation set, incl server, or be prepared for desync/lag and other issues.

Empirically no lags/desync issues (tested on 24 player server for 2 hours with 75% owning the animation pack excluding the server) other than player lagging themselves due to their connection. Either way though future releases will contain measures to disallow client-side only usage.

And i just thought, while you all await for new releases (ver 0.25 and then the next will be a frog leap over to 0.8 nearing the final stable version), you can have a bit of old times and see what I was able to come up with already in 2004 (!). Some of the animations are not mine (around 25% of them belong to sanctuary [movement, stances] and dezoom [some death anims]) and the owners are listed. You can also see how the game advanced since that time :) I jjust found it on a very old hard drive:)

Edited by Smookie

smookie if the server has AI to calculate, it needs the addon too for no issues.

Had an Evo game using one of the Unsung maps running on the 5-rifles server for almost a week continuously (never restarted and the same mission the whole time) with only myself using the animations and no problems occurred.

Maybe just got lucky and there wasn't a high amount of players at any one point.

I still definitely causes weird behavior when only some players have it. For example, instead of "overhead blindfire", players will see you moving backwards.

I still definitely causes weird behavior when only some players have it. For example, instead of "overhead blindfire", players will see you moving backwards.

They also never seen me flipping them the bird. :whistle:

So if this mod is on the server, the other players would see the moves I am performing but not necessarily able to do them themselves unless they too have it running?

Thanks everyone for the nice words. I am working hard to what we are going to call the "animation manager" which implements all the features (lobbing, climb check etc.) for the mod.

Smookie is doing a great job, believe me, in adding the remaining stances etc. I keep opening tickets and assign them to him lol he is probably going to counter by adding more tickets, but anyway this will keep the mod going. :)

Now, you might think "you added stand-to-wall left, so just copy paste, mirror and you have stand-to-wall right". This is "BS"..lobbing grenades with your right hand with your right shoulder on the wall requires working from the ground up.

Just to point out what this guy is doing.. :)

About the ACE interactions:

I play with ACE by default, no problems so far :)

Edited by Reezo

Yeah if it was just copy-paste it would look ugly :) Left and right back to wall are totally different things.

Some wall climbing tests :)

W7dRGoMtzto

Seriously that is so awesome. I really missed that feature in vanilla arma2! I really love your work what a awesome mod

Today some AI randomly rolled while running at us to attack us for no apparent reason. It looked really cool but was pretty stupid of him. Is it possible to stop AI from doing such silly things?

Improvisation is the key..sometimes :)

Improved grenade lobbing and wall climbing

OqEkmkzQmBY