smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

There seem to be problems with Ai using these animations and getting stuck on accident. For me, many AI will enter the "back to wall" mode and never get out of it. (these ai not under my control)... Also, the sniper crouch seems to make AI get stuck too.

Finally, when I'm leading a group and I walk around with my weapon lowered, because I walk a tad faster than my groupmates, they will sprint for a millisecond, then walk normally, sprint, then walk, and it looks kind of ridiculous.

If the AI would properly use these animations, this would be one of the greatest mods ever. It's close but these problems force me to uninstall and wait for another release.

If I may give some suggestions:

1) make the normal walking (the one where you can press c to lower weapon) be the same speed whether your weapon is lowered or raised. perhaps faster speed too?

2) restrict AI from using certain animations that will break the AI.

3) and as mentioned before in other posts and I realize you are working on it, a user config for customization

Edited by Jak170

There seem to be problems with Ai using these animations and getting stuck on accident. For me, many AI will enter the "back to wall" mode and never get out of it. (these ai not under my control)... Also, the sniper crouch seems to make AI get stuck too.

Finally, when I'm leading a group and I walk around with my weapon lowered, because I walk a tad faster than my groupmates, they will sprint for a millisecond, then walk normally, sprint, then walk, and it looks kind of ridiculous.

If the AI would properly use these animations, this would be one of the greatest mods ever. It's close but these problems force me to uninstall and wait for another release.

If I may give some suggestions:

1) make the normal walking (the one where you can press c to lower weapon) be the same speed whether your weapon is lowered or raised. perhaps faster speed too?

2) restrict AI from using certain animations that will break the AI.

3) and as mentioned before in other posts and I realize you are working on it, a user config for customization

2. - I agree with this. I'll accidentally order the AI sometimes to salute or sit down, they'll go into back to wall mode or something similar and never come out of it.

you realize that this mod is primarily aimed at PvP crowed, don't you?

Primarily? Yes. Fully? No. ARMA 2 is not an MP/PvP-only game.

yes, but an addon can be, if its creator wants it to

I can completely understand that it is pvp only. However, there is also one tiny problem for a purely pvp game too.

when you do the back on wall animation and you lean outwards aiming your gun, you're far more stable than standing and shooting. This could result in people standing in the open with their back against the wall and leaning even though there is no wall to be behind.

And I seriously hope it's stays fully. So the developers won't drop any feature because they can't get them to work with ai.

Keep up the good work awesome mod!

I dont Get it, Trolling? If someone whant SP anims like this leave them. I whant this on SP to.

Guys drop the subject, he's already state he'll be focusing more on Coop in the future for the mod, if only you'd read back a few posts.

This looks great, please keep up the effort. When i first saw that video i thought it was a different game.

Amazing to see how much this changes things.

The AI related glitch of turning back to wall and getting stuck is caused by other mods where AI will salute you if you walk by them. I think this is ACE mod's doing

i have no problem with the dev beta one so you need to wait a little bit more ;)

The salute, surrender and sit down keys will no longer be used by the mod.

All you will need to use is TURBO plus one of the keys that were assigned already, like Jump Over, Stand, Crouch, Prone, Lean left/right.

I am sure this will not only make things easier for the players but for the AI as well.

That's great news. I'm sure it will help the AI problems too.

Good news is the mod works with the latest beta, too. It wasn't actually a problem of the mod but rather one of the recent beta releases :)

When using the mod with the newest ACE update...I still get the same issue where everyone is stuck in the ground with their arms at their sides.

And on the main menu I get an error message saying, "CGSkeletons"

so..I just have to wait till the next ace update comes out?

I dont think CGSkeletons has to do anything with the mod, to be honest.

are you sure? sounds like it to me, maybe re-download off of a different link?

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Well it depends the Animation pack would modify the default soldier skeleton wouldn't it?

It's a problem with ACE that only occurs when this mod is running, and like I said quite easy to fix/work around.

I've been using ACE 1.10 lately in some of the tests and I have yet to experience this lusty bugzor.

It only happens to some. Seems to be related to faulty update from Six Updater or something, not sure. Haven't figured out what makes this happen to some and not others, but everyone so far managed to fix it by updating from UGAF YAS server.