Sign in to follow this  
mcarma

Is Arma 2 and OA still being developed, etc?

I hope so, it's a great game and I would like to see more maps and more missions, etc.

Is an Arma 3 confirmed?

(forgive me for asking this - i've used the search function but can't se it confirmed anywhere else)

a2 is most definantly being developed.

Both by developers with patches and content, and by community with mods and missions.

Just head here to see beta patches BIS are giving out to test. :)

Check back tomorrow for nice suprise. :)

+1 on that check back a little later and you will see how much BIS still support this awesome SIM :).

I hope so, it's a great game and I would like to see more maps and more missions, etc.

As others have said, of course it is, with all the official stuff and user made stuff... it will be years before we run out of new content.

But I also would love some more BIS DLC. :)

Isn't that patch 1.59 not comming today then? They said it was today...

Yep, it's supposed to be released today.

But with BI, you never know. :grinning:

With Dwarden on nightshift relase can be anytime as long as it's the 17th somewhere on the planet.

I'm more concerned, whats going on under the scenes...

There haven't been any new updates since November, when PMC released (I don't count patches here). Roughly 5 months.

What you guys think, new DLC, Expansion for arma2 in development or even Arma3? :D

I think it's right time for Arma3, even if Arma 2 is still best sim game it have some technology flaws because technology develops fast and so as games... While Arma3 is my big hope for BIS I still don't mind get another great expansion or DLC for arma2 or even new IP(product) by BIS. And of-course new patches as-well. But think now... they have 100+ people and probably 75% not working on patches so it's logical to think they wont sitting doing nothing ;)

I have feeling for something new big announcement this year, there might be arma3 or other game but this strange feeling...

Cheers.

I was just making a joke. :smile:

The release can be anytime, you're right. Even next week. :sleepy:

whats the best place to see wether new patch is up?

arma 2 general forums? armaholic? some email notifier maybe?

omg i check every 5 minutes for the new patch...

I'm more concerned, whats going on under the scenes...

There haven't been any new updates since November, when PMC released (I don't count patches here). Roughly 5 months.

What you guys think, new DLC, Expansion for arma2 in development or even Arma3?

I think it's right time for Arma3, even if Arma 2 is still best sim game it have some technology flaws because technology develops fast and so as games... While Arma3 is my big hope for BIS I still don't mind get another great expansion or DLC for arma2 or even new IP(product) by BIS. And of-course new patches as-well. But think now... they have 100+ people and probably 75% not working on patches so it's logical to think they wont sitting doing nothing

I have feeling for something new big announcement this year, there might be arma3 or other game but this strange feeling...

Cheers.

I hope that there isn't an ArmA3 anytime soon, that wouldn't make any sense to me. OA has only been out for a year and with it we've been given a wonderfully functional and visually appealing game with a ton of content to use. I hope more than anything that they focus on improving it more and more as well as adding new content every so often like they have been.

Also as a side note, this is from the Biki Q&A for OA...

Rumors have been increasing that BI is getting "burned out" on the ArmA series and that OA could be the last ArmA product we see for a very long time. Is there any truth to this?

It is correct that BI is not planing to work exclusively on military simulations, but it is not true that BI is planning to move away from this genre.

So I doubt A3 would be out anytime soon. However I do think that we're either going to get news of either an expansion or DLC sometime soon, probably in April or May after the Reinforcements CD pack comes out and people start buying it.

Anyways, the new patch alone is going to blow peoples minds..I've used most of the betas and every time a new one comes out I'm amazed at the improvements. It's defiantly going to make a lot of people even more happy.

Im still enjoying Arma2/OA but if they ever announce an Arma3 featuring middleware locomotion-type animations -Ill start sending support checks now!

Hi, the OA still beeing developed, while the ArmA2 has been advandoned; last thing we seen for the ArmA2 was the patch v1.08 and that was long long ago... last thing that we've seen for the OA was that today they gonna release a new patch; so i think that this is the current state of the things:

- ArmA2 = Dead.

- OA = Alive.

Let's C ya

wipman - I guess you missed that the 1.58 RC included a 1.09 patch for Arma 2 content, yes? ;)

I wouldn't call ArmA2 dead ;)

... Your lack of faith is disturbing ...