Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA release candidate build 78473

Animation changes opinions  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Animation changes opinions

• Like the animation changes?
    • Dislike the animation changes? (post which, why please)

Hello everyone,

• Not for general public deployment (so please skip is You don't like hassle)

• ARMA 2 1.58 public RC (most likely it will not change unless You find something TERRIBLE)

CRC32: 62889CE5

MD5: BD9C60746BB026263F216EDE13BB98A9

SHA-1: E5638D9423996979729ADA740BDDC74155ED7441

Download URL: http://www.multiupload.com/TFES5IW37A

• binary build is 78473 (higher than last beta) ...

• this is full data update-install , no beta folder
  • provided as it is - on Your own risk :)
  • if there is major data change (binary change don't matter) for final build You will need complete reinstall or use backup or replace such file
  • ARMA 2 build 1.09 update is part of the pack

I'm sure there will be quite a lot comments about the animation speeds

• I'm asking for is try play with it for some time then take deep breath and if you still dislike it or hate post Your opinions

thanks everyone for opinions and help while testing betas and this RC :cool:

:bounce3:

for these who not registered pastebin readme : http://pastebin.com/qLK1csxw

Edited by Dwarden

Hey Dwarden did you check your local time...early risen or still up?

It's not healthy working at this time of day. Will test this when I'm home from work this night.

Hey Dwarden did you check your local time...early risen or still up?

can't sleep so working ...

can't sleep so working ...
...and while you're here you bring us something to keep us from slumbering too ;)

Can we please have a full change log before installing this RC just to know what to exspect ?

Edited by Beagle

First impression: Feels very direct, neat.

Second impression: Maybe too much, lowered mouse sensitivity.

Feels like the transition speed was just sped up 400%, maybe it was a bit too much, ill sleep on it before voting.

(Also, i didnt update modules.pbo because i broke mine, though i assume it wont affect much)

Animation changes? oooo... I'm intrigued!

-k

...and while you're here you bring us something to keep us from slumbering too ;)

Can we please have a full change log before installing this RC just to know what to exspect ?

you have full changelog in readme (if not then read the beta changelog)

or what's missing? :)

you have full changelog in readme (if not then read the beta changelog)

or what's missing? :)

I found it now...it's late! Edited by Beagle

Question:

Is this patch OA STEAM compatible?

-k

Question:

-k

My guess is "No this will cause the world to implode, run away now". Steam uses a different .EXE to the normal game.

P.s. Voted no as you already know Dwarden.

- AI prone > standup and AI Kneeling > Standup are extremely fast

- Client and AI walking with guns drawn is also way too fast, its now almost a run

- Client stance changes show indications of the actor taking speed or pcp (very fast)

- Raising weapon from lowered stance is a tiny bit too quick.

The animation speed changes are welcome, but not hit the nail on the head first time, need a bit of a slowdown now.

Edited by rexehuk

I went ahead and downloaded it. I then ran combined ops through both launcher and steam, and it seems to be working.

As for the animation changes, I like 'em. Might be a little too fast, though.

Just curious, any particular reason for the change of animation speed? faster CQB actions?

Very much like the concept of ramping up the animation speeds. Needs a little attention. Regarding voting on the available options, I chose "no" due to not knowing if said attention would be given.

Outside of that, all seems pretty good.

Gnome

I absolutely dislike the new animation speed. It's like commanding ants and spiders. It's looks absolutely unhuman and displaced. Im suddently alienated by the ArmA world just by lookingn at A.I. or my player character. And I find no real benefit in the fast anim speed exept that changing stance or weapons is faster, but looks extremely robotic and absolutely unreal.

This seems to be aimed at "speed gamer" that doe not care for a natural look of the virtuel world in, where just speeds counts. It was o.k. as it was, just my opinion.

It's a real step back in the animations department.

Engine wise I found no showstopper so far.

Edited by Beagle

Before it was OK - i like to see old speeds back , but anyway who cares about to change animation speeds?? - most of us like to see something else , like bugs fixed etc

dislike the new animation speed.

not entirely, as the getting up feels and looks better but too fast.

going down/crouched/prone is way too fast. looks like a sped up movie. quite unnatural/disconnected from expcatation.

the walk and run animations in default OA was very fast as is. speeding them up makes is not a good idea, although this particular speed up is not so noticeable.

Before it was OK - i like to see old speeds back , but anyway who cares about to change animation speeds?? - most of us like to see something else , like bugs fixed etc
The new speed also bringgs new issues...changing to AT weapons is now much to fast giving armoured crew no time to react to AT threat...real AT weapons take time to prepare to fire...it was already to short, now its even worse, speaking from a game vs. realims point. Looking at A.I. squads in action is also no fun anymore... looks unatural.

Dislike, to fast and with 30kg on my back as soldier also incorrect!

Yeah, the animation are now too fast. I agree with making them a little bit faster, but this is too much.

Other than that, the map loading, texture loading etc. is very good with this patch, at least for me. :)

Anyone cares to put up some video-footage/comparison?

... so us lazy bones that aren't willing to mess around with their arma installation may take a look too?

:o