Sign in to follow this  
JDog

USS Nimitz

How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?

• Refuel/Rearm/Repair all in one spot on flight deck
    • Refuel/Rearm between elevators 1&2, Repair in hangar bay
    • Rearm between elevators 1&2, Refuel towards rear of deck, Repair in Hangar bay

Thank you for this great addon and the time you spent in creating it JDog. It's a lot of fun in combination with Meatballs F-18. I would be nice to have Nimitz medical personnel like seen here on USS JFK: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/US_Navy_040814-N-4190W-003_Aboard_USS_John_F._Kennedy_%28CV_67%29%2C_crew_members_including_medical_personnel_assist_Iranian_mariners_off_an_HH-60H_Seahawk_belonging_to_the_Red_Lions_of_Helicopter_anti-submarine_Squadron_Fifteen_%28HS.jpg?uselang=de with medic functions so I don't have to put Marine/Navy Corpsmen on the deck anymore.

Since the latest update I cant place any aircraft on Nimitz it just falls through. Setpos doesnt work anything I can do about it?

Since the latest update I cant place any aircraft on Nimitz it just falls through. Setpos doesnt work anything I can do about it?

Hey there you need to use the setPosASL not setPos anymore. Check out the demo mission with the new update. Hope that helps

use setposASL instead of normal setpos

example:

this setposASL [(getposASL this select 0),(getposASL this select 1),18];

with "this" being whatever you what to place on the carrier deck.

I've ran into the problem, after landing my planes on the carrier successfully, it doesn't give me the option to "get out." It almost seems to believe that I'm still flying. Anyone else run into this problem?

Have you used the option to 'Raise Tailhook'? If you haven't raised it you won't be able to get out.

First of all sorry by my english, I will try to write as well as i can, but i don't do promises.

I want to congratulate you by the magnificent work you has done.

I've modified towing tractor script to allow to player tow all air vehicles in the vanilla version, and meatball's F/A-18F.

Here you have a link to download it:

Modified tow script for USS Nimitz

(It is the last version, but i've changed the PBO by the modified one, and include the script's folder with the modified config.sqf.

Thank you by this fantastic addon.

Playing the test map included and most of the time the towing of the harriers dumps them into the water and/or destroyed/damaged. Any suggestions? It is a very nice addon and only problem I found was in towing. =)

Edited by sowens

Hey guys i got a question for this mod, how do i set a respawn point for players on the deck of Nimitz? everytime i die i will respawn in wanter or below the Nimitz :O

Hey guys i got a question for this mod, how do i set a respawn point for players on the deck of Nimitz? everytime i die i will respawn in wanter or below the Nimitz :O

Make sure that your character always respawns at a height (ASL) of 18.

How about repair/refuel/rearm in both one spot the hangar deck and one spot on the flight deck?

Make sure that your character always respawns at a height (ASL) of 18.

I did copy and paste the script text and paste it on all unit i wanted to place BUT how about placing a marker on the deck of nimitz? i tried placing pilots and ended up in the water and its like go through the nimitz straight down

I did copy and paste the script text and paste it on all unit i wanted to place BUT how about placing a marker on the deck of nimitz? i tried placing pilots and ended up in the water and its like go through the nimitz straight down

Hmm...markers don't work like objects, they can't be placed at a specific height. They serve for marking locations, they're not height sensitive, just area sensitive.

Hmm...markers don't work like objects, they can't be placed at a specific height. They serve for marking locations, they're not height sensitive, just area sensitive.

This is not true, you can set markers in a certain high. Just initiate in the init.sqf. Copy this in your init.sqf, set the high and you´re good to go. Also works fine on dedicated servers.

I´ve got this from Xeno´s longest day mission, so it´s not my script.

//Respawn on LHD
"respawn_west" setMarkerPosLocal [markerPos "respawn_west" select 0, markerPos "respawn_west" select 1, 18];

EDIT: To avoid confusing I defined appropriate high in this code.

Edited by MemphisBelle

This is not true, you can set markers in a certain high. Just initiate in the init.sqf. Copy this in your init.sqf, set the high and you´re good to go. Also works fine on dedicated servers.

I´ve got this from Xeno´s longest day mission, so it´s not my script.

//Respawn on LHD
"respawn_west" setMarkerPosLocal [markerPos "respawn_west" select 0, markerPos "respawn_west" select 1, 18];

EDIT: To avoid confusing I defined appropriate high in this code.

Where do i put the command in? description.ext or the LHD?

Where do i put the command in? description.ext or the LHD?

As I said....Just initiate in the init.sqf. Means to copy all the tings I wrote and paste them into your init.sqf. If you don´t have one so just take a notepad and name it as such.

In the Editor, get a Gamelogic and give it the respective name given in the beginning of the line.

It´s actually quite simple...

As I said....Just initiate in the init.sqf. Means to copy all the tings I wrote and paste them into your init.sqf. If you don´t have one so just take a notepad and name it as such.

In the Editor, get a Gamelogic and give it the respective name given in the beginning of the line.

It´s actually quite simple...

Ok Sir :) i will give put it inside the init.sqf but i got a simple question to ask if you don't mind, let's say for exmaple i wanna put more than 1 script command in the init.sqf, what's the correct way to type in it? how many spacing do i need or anything else i need to type to make sure it work?

OK, you seem to be one of those guys who has less expirience with those things. So I´ll not gonna tell you everythings individually, but I´ll give you some things into your hand you´ll need to get respective expiriences.

At first.

Unpack PBO´s from already released missions and see how they did that. You can unpack them by following the first steps of the Visitor Guide (Terrain editing) by Atsche. read the first lines and you´ll see what you need.

Search the newssides like armaholic.com or armedassault.info for missions to unpack. Put the unpacked mission folders into your Profile/missions folder and open them up in editor to see how they did.

A further advice is to always use the MP Mission editor. Enter the MP Lobby and click on new (LAN is enough). Select an Island and open the editor (blue). So you can test your missions in MP environment as there are great differences between SP and MP missions. (you need to save before you can enter the preview)

Mission editing in ArmA2 can be a pain in the butt or turning into an addiction...be aware. If you keep stock in somethings, dont search in this forum, use google for a specific search. This will mostley directly lead you into respective threads in this Forum.

Use OFPEC.com to get advanced information according to mission editing in ArmA2.

good luck and happy editing

Edited by MemphisBelle

still finding some issues with placing the Nimitz off the coast of chernarus. I'm not getting deckfalling issues as before, but now some of the actions (access ammoboxes, call elevators, board vehicles) do not work when placing in certain points.

Another Issue I'm getting, the towing tractor thing is not working for or anyone in my group anymore. I can not automatically attach aircraft

Every time I put the Nimitz off the coast of Chernarus the game chrashes. I dunno why but it works great on Utes and Quesh-Kibrul.