Sign in to follow this  
JDog

USS Nimitz

How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?

• Refuel/Rearm/Repair all in one spot on flight deck
    • Refuel/Rearm between elevators 1&2, Repair in hangar bay
    • Rearm between elevators 1&2, Refuel towards rear of deck, Repair in Hangar bay

Not sure what would happen honestly if you put enableSimulation false on an AI in MP. I'll look into getting the animations working better for the next release but don't expect it too soon lol!

When I started playing the game the only way to make a safe landing was to eject with catapult. Actually it was the only way to get up with a plane and to come out alive t.

Now Im a hell of a pilot landing on a carrier even at night with almost no failures at all.

Awesome! Thank you for this great addon. I love the new steam effect. (...any chance of getting the towing-tractor to work with Myke's F-16 addon?)

Thanks again, have a nice day.

Nice update, the steam rising from the catapults looks beautiful.

A small request, could you change the colour of the glass ports on the carrier's island? The bright blue looks a wee bit cartoonish. Cheers. ;)

Does the water terrain have an effect on the ASL.

I copied your misson over from utes to chernarus and placed units via SetposASL.

It was working perfectly and i moved it slightly and about half of the units in the hangar bay fall through the deck and half stay. The units on the flight deck are fine however. I can move it in some spots and it will be fine and others they fall through.

Nikiforos, that's awesome good job :)

Pandur, I'll try to revisit the towing scripts and see if I can make them better in the next update, that or find another towing solution (any recommendations are welcome).

Sickboy, cool!

Laqueesha, what suits your fancy, hot pink? No but seriously what do you think, just tone down the color towards grey a bit?

Blackfox34, the terrain under the water should have no affect... that's why its "above sea level". Not sure about the issue you're having, never happened to me. But if you have "units in the hangar bay fall through the deck"... you have bigger issues, like reversed gravity.

Yeah i'll take a video later tonight and upload to show you what the issue. It seems to be just where I position it on the map.

Laqueesha, what suits your fancy, hot pink? No but seriously what do you think, just tone down the color towards grey a bit?

Grey sounds nice, or very, very dark green.

Is there any way that you can either extend the fuel hoses or maybe have a second place to put them? The reason I ask, not only for what I wrote below, What happens when you start to work in damage? At the very least, you will probably be able to allow the catapults and the elevators to accept damage if you can't get the whole ship and all it's working parts.

So if the front catapults get damaged it might be difficult to taxi back up to the mid line catapults. Having to places for fuel or one closer to the middle might be wise.

Or you can add one to the rear of the island.

If anyone sets up the carrier to reflect real life, (as I did) the fuel line can't be reached, well easily that is. In the picture, you would have to make sure the area with the F-35's is clear and also might need to keep the area where the helo is clear too. Depending on the aircraft and wingspan.

I just think it limits where you can put aircraft. I'm sure alot of people will only put a handful on the deck, so it may not be a problem.

Having it hook up to the right side may also make it difficult for some to get in a good spot after they land. With no reverse on the jets it might give some trouble especially if they catch the last arrestor.

Is it possible to refuel if you parked OVER the fuel line? So your jet faces the aft, but the hose goes underneath where the nossle is still on the right side. To put it simply i guess, will the fuel only come out going in the directon the hose points to or does the nossle just have to be somewhere on the right?

There is an oil stain (see red arrow) closer to the island that would be ideal for fuel. Besides the stain already there, it's probably going to be clear for most mission makers. And a good pilot might still be able to get on the catapults in the middle of the ship.

Just a thought. It's still close to that spot. And it doesn't interfere with the tractor elevator.

Oh one last thing, sorry this is so long. I found that if you approach a catapult sideways and lower the launch bar it sets you up to go straight into the island. That was before your last release so I don't know if that was ever caught.

fuel.jpg

And I still stand by my earlier post that this is the greatest addon ever. The great attention to detail combined with the massiveness and all the animations etc.. great work

Edited by victim913
Forgot something

victim...

1) I'll look into other safe/more convenient spots for them, I too thought it was kinda weird there with the weapons elevator being there.

2) If I work in damage for the carrier it will mostly likely not be compartmental but just the ship as a whole.

3) The fuel nozzle needs to be on the right side of the aircraft (aircraft needs to face same direction as ship). Mostly due to animation limitations and it would take a lot more animation/scripting work to get it to accomodate planes facing the other direction. Already kinda weird getting it to work like it does (might seem too stretched going some large angles).

4) RE: catapult issue, never heard of it and never experienced it, and i've gone on each catapult from every direction many times, but I'll try replicating it later, currently only a short addon-development vacation lol.

Does the water terrain have an effect on the ASL.

I copied your misson over from utes to chernarus and placed units via SetposASL.

It was working perfectly and i moved it slightly and about half of the units in the hangar bay fall through the deck and half stay. The units on the flight deck are fine however. I can move it in some spots and it will be fine and others they fall through.

Blackfox34, the terrain under the water should have no affect... that's why its "above sea level". Not sure about the issue you're having, never happened to me. But if you have "units in the hangar bay fall through the deck"... you have bigger issues, like reversed gravity.

@JDog: from my experience, the roadways on very large objects tend to fail differently at different positions and/or angles.

So, Blackfox34 might indeed have a point here.

Keep it up,

cheers,

D.

Latest beta patch rejects the Nimitz for me, may anybody else confirm this?

84223 is ok with the Nimitz for me Mandoble. I have just finished playing in the editor just now. I didn't notice any problems.

Well i pulled an all nighter...tried everything ...read almost all the threads...and still cant find what im doing wrong....i started from scratch again....i hope someone can help me :) its very frustrating being dumb lol

When i spawn as a pilot of a jet everything works,but i just want to spawn as a player next to a bunch of empty planes....that doesnt work cause as soon as there is no pilot they spawn at the bottom of the ocean.

version=11;
class Mission
{
addOns[]=
{
	"jdg_carrier",
	"mig15bis",
	"cacharacters2",
	"chernarus",
	"CAA10"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"jdg_carrier",
	"cacharacters2",
	"mig15bis",
	"chernarus"
};
randomSeed=2085998;
class Intel
{
	startWeather=0.25;
	forecastWeather=0.25;
	year=2008;
	month=10;
	day=11;
	hour=9;
	minute=20;
};
class Groups
{
	items=6;
	class Item0
	{
		side="WEST";
		class Vehicles
		{
			items=1;
			class Item0
			{
				position[]={3436.4438,-125.76115,360.19592};
				special="NONE";
				id=0;
				side="EMPTY";
				vehicle="JDG_carrier_Spawner";
				leader=1;
				skill=0.60000002;
			};
		};
	};
	class Item1
	{
		side="WEST";
		class Vehicles
		{
			items=2;
			class Item0
			{
				position[]={3444.23,-131.00133,227.89032};
				special="NONE";
				id=1;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="USMC_Soldier_Pilot";
				player="PLAY CDG";
				leader=1;
				lock="UNLOCKED";
				skill=0.60000002;
				init="side=""EMPTY"";this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 18]";
			};
			class Item1
			{
				position[]={3454.9573,0.11641037,220.09369};
				azimut=270;
				special="NONE";
				id=2;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="mig15bis_4_cz";
				player="PLAY CDG";
				lock="UNLOCKED";
				skill=0.60000002;
				init="side=""EMPTY"";this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 25]";
			};
		};
	};
	class Item2
	{
		side="WEST";
		class Vehicles
		{
			items=1;
			class Item0
			{
				position[]={3459.282,0.32455248,232.68677};
				azimut=270;
				special="NONE";
				id=3;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="mig15bis_4_cz";
				player="PLAY CDG";
				leader=1;
				lock="UNLOCKED";
				skill=0.60000002;
				init="side=""EMPTY"";this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 25]";
			};
		};
	};
	class Item3
	{
		side="WEST";
		class Vehicles
		{
			items=1;
			class Item0
			{
				position[]={3463.032,0.17936683,282.1701};
				azimut=270;
				special="NONE";
				id=4;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="mig15bis_4_cz";
				player="PLAY CDG";
				leader=1;
				lock="UNLOCKED";
				skill=0.60000002;
			};
		};
	};
	class Item4
	{
		side="WEST";
		class Vehicles
		{
			items=1;
			class Item0
			{
				position[]={3449.4109,0.17771831,242.83081};
				azimut=5;
				special="NONE";
				id=5;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="mig15bis_4_cz";
				player="PLAY CDG";
				leader=1;
				lock="UNLOCKED";
				skill=0.60000002;
			};
		};
	};
	class Item5
	{
		side="WEST";
		class Vehicles
		{
			items=1;
			class Item0
			{
				position[]={3425.1482,0.1567513,243.84338};
				azimut=30;
				special="NONE";
				id=6;
				side="WEST";
				vehicle="mig15bis_4_cz";
				player="PLAYER COMMANDER";
				leader=1;
				lock="UNLOCKED";
				skill=0.60000002;
			};
		};
	};
};
};
class Intro
{
addOns[]=
{
	"chernarus"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"chernarus"
};
randomSeed=14048095;
class Intel
{
	startWeather=0.25;
	forecastWeather=0.25;
	year=2008;
	month=10;
	day=11;
	hour=9;
	minute=20;
};
};
class OutroWin
{
addOns[]=
{
	"chernarus"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"chernarus"
};
randomSeed=15363375;
class Intel
{
	startWeather=0.25;
	forecastWeather=0.25;
	year=2008;
	month=10;
	day=11;
	hour=9;
	minute=20;
};
};
class OutroLoose
{
addOns[]=
{
	"chernarus"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"chernarus"
};
randomSeed=16714582;
class Intel
{
	startWeather=0.25;
	forecastWeather=0.25;
	year=2008;
	month=10;
	day=11;
	hour=9;
	minute=20;
};
};

if you can see the video, even if you use the proper commands there is still sometimes issues.

I'm getting a bunch of errors in the RPT, please note I am not using the Nimitz with all the refuel/rearm stuff

jdg_carrier\res\hangar_1.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
jdg_carrier\res\hangar_2.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
jdg_carrier\res\hangar_3.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
Strange convex component24 in jdg_carrier\geo\geo_12.p3d:geometry
Strange convex component09 in jdg_carrier\geo\geo_16.p3d:geometry
Strange convex component10 in jdg_carrier\geo\geo_16.p3d:geometry
Strange convex component11 in jdg_carrier\geo\geo_16.p3d:geometry
jdg_carrier\res\carrier_0.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
jdg_carrier\res\carrier_1.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
jdg_carrier\res\carrier_4.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
jdg_carrier\res\hangar_4.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
jdg_carrier\res\carrier_5.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

AdmiralGrrr, as Prototype said just use the test mission for an example. You should be using the same height for the planes as you do for the pilot though (18). Using 25 will only make them fall to the deck and blow up probably.

ZZEZ, first, that's really weird cuz I'm assuming those things are saying it basically doesn't exist. Second, why aren't you?

Blackfox, man I've tried to replicate that issue but I just can't. I've tried on Utes and Chernarus, all up and down the maps, including on places with varied underwater terrain, and at different angles. Heck I've even spawned the carrier with part of it inside the island and I'm still not getting that error, all the planes inside are still inside and not falling through, whether on the deck or in the hangar. Sorry man.

I have used 18 up untill 25,when the mission starts i dont even see the jets....they start out on the bottom of the sea....unless i start in one of the slots that starts you of in a jet...then everything is fine and i start on the deck.

I have used 18 up untill 25,when the mission starts i dont even see the jets....they start out on the bottom of the sea....unless i start in one of the slots that starts you of in a jet...then everything is fine and i start on the deck.

I have the same problem. Yesterday I was using an older version of the Nimitz and everything worked well. Today I updated and now when I start my mission the everything (planes,humans,choppers,tractors) spawns 20 feet in the air. Ill take a look at the new readme to see if i need to change something.

@admiralgrrr

When you get to the screen with continue button at the bottom wait until CBA pops up/initializes then click continue. Think you maybe clicking continue too fast. I had the same problem with the planes starting in the water and not on the deck. This fixed it for me.

Someone with more knowlege than me can probably tell you why. I just know I have to wait , then click continue and everything works fine everytime.

Nomadd

the problem you guys are having with jets falling through the deck can be solved with enablesimulation. The carrier sometimes loads after the jets. This happens when you have alot of things in the mission.

Put "this enablesimulation false" in the init of everything on the carrier. then create a trigger like radio "alpha" and on activation for the trigger put "(name of item) enablesimulation true" and once the carrier is spawned radio "alpha" or whatever and they all drop to the deck.

It is a headache to name them all but it works out easier in the end, especially as the carrier goes through betas. just use notepad and paste

" enablesimulation false;" and just insert vehicle names. It doesn't take that long. Then paste it all into your trigger.