Sign in to follow this  
JDog

USS Nimitz

How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?

• Refuel/Rearm/Repair all in one spot on flight deck
    • Refuel/Rearm between elevators 1&2, Repair in hangar bay
    • Rearm between elevators 1&2, Refuel towards rear of deck, Repair in Hangar bay

I have found that you can use Auto Landing to touch down on your great addon.

This only works with Gnat's Waves Island as the runway is in the ocean. If you place the Nimitz to the south of the runway and angle it just right the auto landing will work with you just having to lower gear, tailhook and brake.

Here is a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqMJsgGnIkI

I dont know if this has been mentioned before but I have read most of the thread and don't remember it.

Edited by LordTedrick

Especially since there's a good chance I'm gonna have a bonus treat in this update not related to aircraft maintenance that I'm personally pretty stoked about

Dude....you cant just say that and leave us hanging!!!! cmon...some clues? : )

Heh. It's a small treat/improvement to something that's already there ;p Something I previously thought unable to do. The maintenance stuff will add a good bit, and some interactivity to the ship. I'll try to post a video of the new stuff soon perhaps, still haven't even started on the "repair zone".

Is it possible to make (AI)aircraft land on the carrier ?

I would like to be on the carrier watching planes land . Is it possible?

Yes, it is possible but it requires either:

a) Config in the island so an AI friendly airport is over the Aircraft carrier

or

b) use an scripted solution such as the one from Mando.

Mando Airports or something. Both of them have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Regarding landing AI... the arresting system has changed and requires the "Tailhook Down" action to be hit, which AI can't do so assuming you can actually get them to fly in the right path to touch down on the deck, it will still only be possible if you add an eventHandler to them:

_enableArrest = [color="Red"]_jetName[/color] addEventHandler ["LandedTouchDown", {_this execVM "\JDG_carrier\scr\arrest.sqf"}];

Don't want to spoil too much yet, but I shared a screenshot of the weapons room so here's part of the refueling section of the update. As voted for, between elevators 1 and 2:

ArmA2OA2011-08-1518-36-13-69.jpg?t=1313458761

Edited by JDog

I released sone ammo carts awhile back. If you want I will post a link so you can use them. They were eddy d converts and did the job as an ammo truck.

That refuel/rearm point is an awesome idea. If it's not too much trouble, could you try and make it funcional with MMA?

Prototype, yes perhaps I'll check them out and can place them in the hangar bay as separate "bottomless" rearming points. Currently the towing tractor is small enough to fit down the weapons elevator though, to carry ammo back to the deck and deliver it to planes where they need it.

Fisgas, that would be a low priority thing that wouldn't make it into this upcoming update. Right now the plan is to just make planes be able to rearm their initial armament, perhaps in the future offer customized loadouts. A mission-maker could probably easily implement the MMA rearming system though I'd imagine.

@Ammo carts

recently Darkhorse1-6 asked me for my weapon MLOD's from the Missilebox as he received those Ammocarts from EddyD to work on them. JDog, as you already use the same MLOD's in the Ammo storage room, it might worth to look if Darkhorse1-6 would share his works with you. This way you would have a unified look of the weapons.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for blocking me mike! Lol jk. I was already updating the carts with new weapon holders also. They are not the glt stuff but look kinda good also. If he has the mlods of your weapons they would definetly fit better than anything I have. Cheers.

Thanks for blocking me mike! Lol jk. I was already updating the carts with new weapon holders also. They are not the glt stuff but look kinda good also. If he has the mlods of your weapons they would definetly fit better than anything I have. Cheers.

You got PM. Sorry anyway, wasn't my intention to block you, just thought as Darkhorse1-6 uses the same models from me as JDog it would just fit better. For me it is a immersion killer if the same missiles/bombs look different on different vehicles.

Well, I've been talking about this coming update a bit and shown two screenshots but here's a video of refueling and rearming in action. It may not be the "instantly back-in-action" method some of you might have hoped for but its what it is. If you decide you get the gist of it and don't want to watch all 4 minutes of it, be sure to at least watch the last 40 seconds or so... its something special :)

CsTlumbhUb8

There's still a good bit that's a WIP, as you can see some untextured stuff in the storage room, and the repair systems in the hangar have yet to be started on but I don't imagine it will take too long. I figure that while your plane is being repaired, it will also be fully fueled and rearmed as well, to make the journey to/from the hangar more worth your while :D Also FYI, it's currently set so that a tractor can carry enough ammo to rearm 5 aircraft before needing to visit the storage room again. It takes about 30 seconds to rearm, and about 1 second per 1% fuel missing to refuel.

Edited by JDog

Perfect, simply perfect. You are about to redefine the meaning of "awesome" completely new.

Geat addon remind me of the OFP days :) How do i get the shooter animation to work? thx Dave

Mate that stuff is amazing! ropes that stretch, Fuel hose etc. love the weapons bay........

This is top quality stuff dude keep it up!!

Myke, I think you're not right.

Awesome doesn't even reach the level of WIN of this addon.

It goes up of the scale

Myke, I think you're not right.

Awesome doesn't even reach the level of WIN of this addon.

It goes up of the scale

I stand corrected. :p

Simply Amazing what you have done here JDOG, really adding some new fun to the whole game with this Aircraft Carrier.

Thanks!

My friend you have some mad skills!!!

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

and some pretty nice landings also..

Modeled a small prop today. Supposed to be covered weapons kinda... but I realize it looks like a giant took a crap on the tractor. Unfortunately the tractor is too small to put actual missiles on, which would be too lengthy. Anyway, it's going to be a visual representation of how many aircraft the tractor can rearm before needing to revisit the storage room, as indicated by this superbly edited screenshot:

ammoLoads.jpg

Edited by JDog

Modeled a small prop today. Supposed to be covered weapons kinda... but I realize it looks like a giant took a crap on the tractor. Unfortunately the tractor is too small to put actual missiles on, which would be too lengthy. Anyway, it's going to be a visual representation of how many aircraft the tractor can rearm before needing to revisit the storage room, as indicated by this superbly edited screenshot.

Maybe should change to use OD or navyblue color with a "WARNING: CONTAIN MISSILES" tag on it? :p