Sign in to follow this  
JDog

USS Nimitz

How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?

• Refuel/Rearm/Repair all in one spot on flight deck
    • Refuel/Rearm between elevators 1&2, Repair in hangar bay
    • Rearm between elevators 1&2, Refuel towards rear of deck, Repair in Hangar bay

Apparently I hadn't updated the link in the first post, but I remembered someone had found a solution. I'm pretty sure this works, I need to include the script in the addon. See the following post (and my response to it for heading corrections). I'll test it myself tomorrow to be sure.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1956249#post1956249

I love the newest version of the Nimitz.

The reliable arresting cables and the elevator controls are awesome. Thanks for that.

Some thoughts if I may?

- The use of the elevator is quite risky in Multiplayer. The plane often sinks into the ground, even when shot repeatatly (to remember the server to update the location...). I know you are aware of that problem, just wanted to point out the problem in MP, which is more significant, because of the sinc of Local and Server.

- Maybe it would be usefull to set a "Standard" for Mods for Carrier Operations?

An Example: With the SuperHornet from Meatball, you will now have Lower Tailhook two times in the Useraction.

But if there would be ONE specified way to set an airplane up for Carrier Operations, this could be avoided.

With a streamlined Standard, it would be easier to implement features, special effects :cool: and emergency procedures... :D

Maybe this could be even be streamlined with the coming Charles de Gaulle from Hexagon

Top Work :cool:

k i tired ur link all i get is "script .cataself not found" even after i capoed an sqf in the mission folfirt from what i can see the plane lines up but all it does it sit there

@swissMAG, glad you're happy with the new stuff. As far as elevator stuff goes, I really don't know what more I can do in terms of scripting to make it work better, it's really (as far as my brain can compute) is getting to the point of being unable to do anything further without an engine update lol. And I'll look into stream-lining it for addon-makers like meatball's F18.

@The931stSoldier, you need to create a filed called cataself.sqf and put it in your mission folder. The big quote block is the script itself.

Guys anyone here ever experienced crashes related to the Nimitz?not the 21 July version - the one before...we had about 15 people CTD at the same time because they died and respawned on the Nimitz, the issue wasn't present before I added the Nimitz to the mission.

That particular situation was a fully loaded Osprey being shot down by a Flanker, this is the 2nd time it happened...you know one time I can accept some ArmA randomness but when it keeps happening the issue gotta be found and fixed.

It was not a server-side crash, it was a server-wide crash of everyone that died, I scanned their RPTs and theres nothing crash worthy in them.

Mods active at the time were ACE/ACRE/Everon and IKaR's F14.

Error: Error during SetFace - class CfgFaces.SykesHead.Face85 not found

Speaker Male01 not found, patched to default Male01EN

Strange convex component01 in x\ace\addons\sys_eject\parachutepack.p3d:geometryView

Client: Object 534:23 (type Type_124) not found.

Client: Object 553:34 (type Type_70) not found.

=======================================================

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0053AE5D

graphics: D3D9, Device: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti , Driver:nvd3dum.dll 8.17.12.7061

resolution: 1920x1080x32

Client: Object 591:2 (type Type_70) not found.

Client: Object 591:2 (type Type_72) not found.

Client: Object 589:5 (type Type_70) not found.

Client: Object 589:5 (type Type_94) not found.

Client: Object 591:4 (type Type_70) not found.

Client: Object 591:4 (type Type_72) not found.

Client: Object 590:4 (type Type_70) not found.

Client: Object 590:4 (type Type_72) not found.

Client: Object 2:24444 (type Type_70) not found.

Client: Object 2:24495 (type Type_85) not found.

Client: Object 2:24547 (type Type_70) not found.

Strange convex component x\ace\addons\sys_eject\parachutepack.p3d in component01:geometryView

Client: Object 2:24547 (type Type_70) not found.

Client: Object 561:135 (type Type_116) not found.

Client: Object 561:132 (type Type_70) not found.

Client: Object 561:132 (type Type_69) not found.

Client: Object 561:136 (type Type_70) not found.

Client: Object 534:23 (type Type_115) not found.

Client: Object 561:136 (type Type_94) not found.

Client: Object 534:24 (type Type_70) not found.

Client: Object 534:24 (type Type_94) not found.

Client: Object 534:23 (type Type_124) not found.

Client: Object 553:34 (type Type_70) not found.

Client: Object 553:33 (type Type_70) not found.

Client: Object 553:36 (type Type_70) not found.

Client: Object 553:35 (type Type_70) not found.

=======================================================

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00541475

graphics: D3D9, Device: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series , Driver:aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1083

resolution: 1366x768x32

Had a few problems whilst running around on the new versions deck where invisible barriers will appear normally around the main superstructure and front elevators...last time i was trapped between th front elevator (Closest to the superstructure) With the box running from the edge of the elevator closest to the superstructure up to just before the landing strip then running towards the front and then back to the edge of the ship on the far side of the foremost elevator... cvn68flightdeckmbox.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ZZEZ,

That CTD has been fixed in the new version.

There was a simple little cfg error.

Yes ,you are correct with your analasys of the problem.

Respawning on the deck caused CTD in some places.

@wolfbite, that's really weird. Especially since I haven't touched the deck/geometry LODs since the first release. Haven't changed anything about them for this update, and taking all into considerationg, there aren't even any geometry walls in the middle of the ship there. All I can think of is try moving the ship to another nearby spot and see if it fixes the problem. If you notice anything else about it be sure to post.

Loving this addon as just got back into my Arma after some time away, piling as many hornets as possible onto the deck to make it look pretty and working off a great photo i found of her.

Now really don't want to send this thread off at a tangent but i do think it's pertinent, have you any plans to make any objects to go on the deck such as tow trolleys, ammo carts or fork lifts? (Or do you know of any already made, searched everywhere)

I ultimately realize that working on this is time consuming enough and just making the Nimitz is something i couldn't do :)

Anyway fantastic addon, keeping me very happy!

Bootleg

Yea I've planned some prop-like objects to make such as those, especially ammo carts with some functionality and perhaps a working crane-like vehicle to remove wrecks from the deck (in case people crash). Probably won't add a towing vehicle seeing as there's already one in the game.

I think you need to script in lights for the interior... it's quite dark at night.

Hey JDog i know this addons is already out for a while i tested the former release and in fact i did not had problems with it before on the deck.

If i am up on the deck it sometimes blocks several areas where it seems that the unit can not pas, like on the elevators i can not walk on them its like and invisible wall also on the deck at curtain points i don't seem to be able to pass like on the launch pads.

I tried it with actually every single vanilla planes and the F18 other addons not loaded except one time the needed addons for the F18. I don't know if it is known or not or if it is only with me or that my units are placed on the wrong hight

this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 17]

Also I read your advice the page before this one and i tried on several spots on Chernarus and Utes on both islands the problem occurs ....

Other then that i love the carrier hope to get it working properly ;-) also one thing i like to ask can you put this addon on the US Navy > Sea >

like to have my addons on a logical place :o

Kind regards

Edited by KBourne

Not sure if it helps but i found that the invisible blocked areas on the Nimitz only happen when you are using the default pilot for the F18, if you are a US or USMC Pilot it does not happen.

Yeah I've realized its only with meatballs F/A-18 that I get the invisible walls...

There are issues with trying to get AI to launch off of it though, I haven't quite nailed a solution that works 100% yet.

Hi

Thank you for a great addon:)

I have managed to cobble together with my meager scripiting knowledge a working AI cat double launch :cc:

I built it from Steam Catapult System by Raddik, your script ingame and a tiny bit of my own.

I have been testing the script and had no crashes in the last 50 or so launches and only slight movements of the planes to either side.

Sorry for the short vids I only have free fraps.

F18 Launch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw5_TDMbUq0

F14 Launch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH8lOkP9Uq8

I am still currently working on it and hope to nail it all down soon.

That's great LordTedrick, I'm sure that'll help out quite a few people to include that with a future update.

I'll probably release a small update tonight or tomorrow morning, just a compatibility fix for Meatball's F-18. Been working with him to get the Lower Tailhook action synchronized so it only appears once and his side controls most of it. However it won't work until he patches also, so I'll just wait for that, otherwise you won't be able to land at all :P

That's great LordTedrick, I'm sure that'll help out quite a few people to include that with a future update.

I'll probably release a small update tonight or tomorrow morning, just a compatibility fix for Meatball's F-18. Been working with him to get the Lower Tailhook action synchronized so it only appears once and his side controls most of it. However it won't work until he patches also, so I'll just wait for that, otherwise you won't be able to land at all :P

Mate, as the Nimitz is your baby (and it's a damn cute baby) you should consider to develop and include a tailhook system that plane modellers can simply add to their configs to make it work.

Someway like i did with my GPS/INS system. It is included in the Missilebox but whoever is interested can easily implement it in their own addon.

That said, the tailhook system should be completely in the Nimitz and only a few codelines in the F/A-18 to just enable it.

This would prevent everyone developing it's own system and then interfering with other systems.

Today I released an update that FIXED the problem with the mar_pilot running into invisible walls on the deck of the USS NIMITZ.

@JDog

I included that code you sent me in the UserActions and it seems to be working (the UserAction shows when < 3500), except the fact that I still cant land on the deck. I think that will be resolved when you issue your patch.

Updated, see first post:

• Fixed: Double “Tailhook†option when landing with Meatball’s F/A-18. One action will now properly control the tailhook animaton as well as the ability to be arrested on the deck.
  • Fixed: Sometimes improper landings would instantly bring planes to a halt, but still activate the arrestor system which would only set you free all the way down the runway, which was difficult to get to. Now raising your tailhook anywhere on the deck will detach you from the cables.
  • Improved: In real life, you can see the lights of the IFLOLS regardless of how fast you’re moving. The speed requirement for the IFLOLS action has been removed and you can use it to help your approach from farther off now (3.5km).
  • Added: USS Nimitz to BLUFOR > US Navy > Ship (no, you still can't drive it).

RE Tailhook issue: Still a small issue, probably my fault for being unclear. Still 2 tailhook options but they're both on his end, it's an easy fix I told him how to do, so these addons should be working fine together shortly.

Since you "don't take bugs over teamspeak" ;) :

*Arrestor system doesn't seem to work no matter what speed I'm at

*Towing tractor doesn't come up with tow action (at least on the hangar deck)

Just tried on a blank mission with the stock A10, the F14, and the F18, all work fine for me when landing. Do you have more than one carrier in the map?