Sign in to follow this  
JDog

USS Nimitz

How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How should aircraft maintenance be arranged?

• Refuel/Rearm/Repair all in one spot on flight deck
    • Refuel/Rearm between elevators 1&2, Repair in hangar bay
    • Rearm between elevators 1&2, Refuel towards rear of deck, Repair in Hangar bay

wow...jdog that is awesome work.

Not sure how you managed to do it all so quick since the last update. Thanks for spending your time so we all can enjoy your creation.

Rough Knight

Looking good. If you add a cloth texture overlay, it might improve the detail and make it look less like what you said it was. ;)

Dysta, sure, OD sounds good

j_frost, your welcome. all you guys who use this and post here is the reason i continue :)

Gnat, thanks means a lot

Laqueesha, it does have a cloth texture but its quite faint, i'll try to bring it out more

Scripted in the repair zone. Basically, if a plane is in the hangar bay with the engine turned off, it'll repair at a rate of 15% every 5 seconds. Could probably get this out to you guys in a day or two but I only have 9 days til classes start back up so I'm gonna keep it til then and try to squeeze in the boat-launching system also, shouldn't be too hard.

Modeled a small prop today. Supposed to be covered weapons kinda... but I realize it looks like a giant took a crap on the tractor. Unfortunately the tractor is too small to put actual missiles on, which would be too lengthy. Anyway, it's going to be a visual representation of how many aircraft the tractor can rearm before needing to revisit the storage room, as indicated by this superbly edited screenshot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/JumpDog/3d%20models/arma%20carrier/ammoLoads.jpg

We need bombloaders Mj-1b or Mj-40:

http://operatorchan.org/v/arch/src/v40262_US%20bomb%20loader%20MJ-1B%20Bomb%20Loader%20at%20Holloman%20April.jpg > 100KB

http://operatorchan.org/v/arch/src/v40322_US%20bomb%20loader%20downloads%20an%20AIM%209-X%20missile%20from%20a.jpg > 100KB

http://operatorchan.org/v/arch/src/v40261_US%20bomb%20loader%20MJ-1B%20Bomb%20Loader%20at%20Holloman%20April.jpg > 100KB

Edited by Sniperwolf572

@jumpnjack

You might want to read the Forum rules, especially §15 which is about allowed picture size (which is 100kb btw) to stay out of trouble with Forum Moderators.

Oh, and welcome to the Forum.

After Thursday, Myke, I have enough time off from studying to finally update EddyD's work and add your models to his stuff. JDog will get the test version, along with you (if you want) and a few others, no longer than 3 weeks after that. (I hope to have the carts updated atleast, within a week. But with all the unexpected issues in my RL recently, 3 weeks max is the timeline I'll set)

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

After Thursday, Myke, I have enough time off from studying to finally update EddyD's work and add your models to his stuff. JDog will get the test version, along with you (if you want) and a few others, no longer than 3 weeks after that. (I hope to have the carts updated atleast, within a week. But with all the unexpected issues in my RL recently, 3 weeks max is the timeline I'll set)

Aye, eager to see what you do there.

Just as general info: i've released the Missilebox MLOD's as open source for BIS games: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2006138&postcount=22

Yo JDog.

Theres a ArmA bug that you probably want to deal with regarding the Nimitz, any gear dropped[via death or just littering] on water will multiply itself over time eventually leading to a server crash if it drags out for too long, the Nimitz unfortunately together with the LHD count as water for the game, we had a server crash with 60 people due to insane amount of gear on the Nimitz multiplying itself.

Anyway, you probably want to solve it - heres something I quickly hacked together that looks for dropped items near "nimitzpos" and deletes them to avoid that problem, I hope you will want to include that in your addon or at least other mission makers will be aware of the said issue and how to deal with it.

while{true} do {

sleep 120;
_cleanuparray = nearestObjects [nimitzpos, ["WeaponHolder"], 500];
{
deleteVehicle _x; sleep 0.25;
} forEach _cleanuparray;

};

Thanks ZZEZ, I'll try to replicate that issue (just cuz im curious about seeing it haha) and I'll get that fix in there as well. You're quite an aid with multiplayer stuff :)

I will stop work on the ammo carts as my addon skills are still novice. I will post link tonight of the converted old style carts for you guys to play with. I will work instead on an ordnance stack for the hanger deck/magazine.

Down Load Link Eddyd AMMO CARTS (Old version): http://www.gamefront.com/files/17336856/eddyD_AMMOCARTS_rar

Edited by PROTOTYPE 001

hm... this is chernarus map nimitz add make

why..IFLOLS landing aid system <-----menu

When I use auto-landing system for landing on aircraft carriers to land at nearest airport do I not doing?

Edited by herorok

When I use auto-landing system for landing on aircraft carriers to land at nearest airport do I not doing?

What?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

No but seriously, I don't understand.

I think hes saying that when he plays with the Nimitz on Chernarus, and tries to auto pilot land on the Nimitz it takes him to the nearest airport instead.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

ROFL...No offence anyone, but this is hilarious..... I needed a good chuckle today : )

This is covered on the first page and other parts of this topic. Nimitz is not seen by AI or the game yet as an airport. You therefore can really only make a custom landing on NImitz by using something like the "unitcapture" command, then add an action to the menu to make your aircraft replay the capture using "unitplay" command. You will otherwise land at the nearest "land" based airport.

I have done this... and it works quite well. Only problem, you need to capture a landing for every place you insert Nimitz in the editor. Otherwise you will land in the drink : P A tutorial on the functions can be found

. Edited by Rough Knight

Thanks ZZEZ, I'll try to replicate that issue (just cuz im curious about seeing it haha) and I'll get that fix in there as well. You're quite an aid with multiplayer stuff :)

Heres the ticket information:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/5822

Updated by Xeno 7 months ago

And as additional info, in MP the old bug still exists that the gear of a unit that looses its gear in the water is still multiplied by the players number.

So you end up with x * playernumber weapons and magazines.

Doesn't matter if it is a player or AI unit.

JDOG our comunity is loving your hard work on the nimitz, and we are very hopefull that you include the possibility of lowering boats from the carrier in your next update, that's all that is missing for us to use your excelent carrier in our gamming sessions..

Very good work you have been doing..thank you for that.

P.S : Please please include the boat lowering from carrier so we can finally use a carrier for anfibious operations....

pt_v1p3r, you mean this?

Jhf7B8Dumk4

herorok, sorry I don't understand :(

vengeance1... no, sorry. I doubt they launch those in real life anyway, but don't know to be honest. Plus I'm getting burned out of working on this right now and just wanna get this update out and take a break. It would probably be a trivial matter to script in RHIB spawn/teleport actions for a mission if someone wanted to.