Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

;1986855']You simply got this because someone else in your squad was carrying an AT launcher' date=' there's only one allowed to have it with the exception of the teamleader I think. Partly due to realism and the fact every seems to strap an AT on their back :p[/quote']

Thx but I realise why it was happening. But I'd like to know how, i.e. is this restriction imposed by a mission parameter? Or a mod?

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

The other things have been correctly explained, but here you probably mixed two settings up in your head:

Sorry about mixing things up. If the truth be known I was pretty mixed after being hit by a 40-ton lorry in a traffic accident.

If you ask about "Enemy AI numbers" - this is the most misunderstood setting and I think I shall make an explanation of it, since every server admin seems to yank these numbers up to 200% at every occasion

A better label would be most welcome. How about "Blufor/Opfor spawn ratio" ?

Sorry about mixing things up. If the truth be known I was pretty mixed after being hit by a 40-ton lorry in a traffic accident.

Oh, sorry to hear that - hope you're basically alright!

A better label would be most welcome. How about "Blufor/Opfor spawn ratio" ?

Well, what was explained by BOTA:49 already exists as a separate setting by the suggested name, which decides how many OPFOR human players may join, depending on the current amount of BLUFOR players.

.. our squad was limited in the weapons that we could equip with at base. e.g. one chap tried to grab a javelin (BRDM2 was laying waste to our squad) and received an error message "You cannot select this weapon as one of its type is already in use by a squad member".

I looked in the parameters page of the mission but couldn't find this option. Is this an option in Insurgency? Or is this a side-effect of a mod?

Anyone?

Oh, sorry to hear that - hope you're basically alright!

Apart from a bad back, I'm pretty much ok but now with a healthy respect for HGVs, especially during downpours.

Last night we got in another game and it was great except for 1 aspect, our squad was limited in the weapons that we could equip with at base. e.g. one chap tried to grab a javelin (BRDM2 was laying waste to our squad) and received an error message "You cannot select this weapon as one of its type is already in use by a squad member".

I looked in the parameters page of the mission but couldn't find this option. Is this an option in Insurgency? Or is this a side-effect of a mod?

Also, in the parameters page IIRC there's an option called Enemy AI numbers with several values (50%, 100%, 150% and COOP). What does the COOP value mean?

The line of code you are looking for is in the defines sqf.

#define limitedSquadGear [["M136","Javelin"],["M110_TWS_EP1"]]

#define limitedGearList ["M136","Javelin","M110_TWS_EP1"]

The first line defines what Squad Gear is limited (I have edited theses so they wont be same as yours exactly) This only applies to your squad.

The second line defines what gear/weapons are limited.

Now in your common\client\variables sqf file you can select how many of what weapons you want to put restictions on.

(i.e........

//Limiting

#ifdef __BAF__

quantityBAF_LRR_scoped = 2;

#endif

#ifndef __BAF__

quantityM24_des_EP1 = 2;

#endif

quantityJavelin = 1; ..........)

Hope this helps

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

I scanned every post in here and did not see anything about enemy vehicles not respawning, If it has been brought up sorry for the re-post.

I have been in many, many, many servers and have d/loaded many versions of this map/mission and have yet to see any enemy vehicle respawn on any server or any map I d/loaded, even the new 0.80 I d/loaded straight from your site and put straight into the editor and tested on my server, and not one enemy vehicle respawned. Can we plase get a fix to this? Thanks, Robert.

Really? I've had no such issues on my server. The enemy vehicles spawn just fine. (xx-Team-xx U.S. server) Feel free to stop in when we are playing insurgency and d/l my version. But I haven't edited any of the respawn scripts except increasing the number of vehicles.

Sounds like something on your end is fubar.

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

O.k. my turn to ask a question.

What class name do I need to define to be able to pull injured player from heli?

This one has me pulling my hair out cause I tried everything I can think of.

If anyone could shed a little light on this I will be most gratefull

if !isNil "actionPullout" then { player removeAction actionPullout; actionPullout = nil; };

actionPullout = player addAction ["Pull Out Injured","common\client\actions\noScript.sqf",'

_anim = "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_getInLow";

player playMove _anim;

waitUntil { animationState player == _anim };

waitUntil { animationState player != _anim };

{ if (lifestate _x == "UNCONSCIOUS") then { moveOut _x; }; } foreach crew cursorTarget;

',1,false,true,"",'

_cT = cursorTarget;

if !isNull _cT then {

if !(_cT isKindOf "LandVehicle") exitWith {};

_crew = crew _cT;

_bool = false;

{ if (lifestate _x == "UNCONSCIOUS") exitWith { _bool = true; }; } foreach _crew;

_bool && _target distance _cT < 4

};

'];

I've tried "Air" "allVehicleClasses" westvehclass etc...etc...etc.. Those aren"t verbetum by the way so please corrections not needed.

Thanks in advance

LSD: many thx for such a detailed and clear explanation

Hi all I love insurgency it fits my Sangin map to a T is there any way to Implement some ideas I have had as you have done a great job on this game type so far

All insurgents as Takistan guerillas and some civi's in the squad with only technical's and mounted zu23 and cars and motorbikes for a more Taliban type enemy and mobile force.

can 1 human player be added as a civie that can place ieds and pick up and drop weapons as he wishes to avoid being shot and move more freely about the battle field like the way they fight at the moment having ammo stashes all around different compounds for non ace version

I have noticed that the guerillas will sit in the back of off road technical's which would be good for rolling random patrols in game and dug in postion's not just the rooftop zu23 but dug in postion's so far from roads on high points for cross fire ambushes from town to town fighting

Also would it be possible for the stone throwing script be put in for civi's when entering a hostile red area once the area is green script stops for that area and civi's become friendly.

Can the trip wire script be placed on gates of componds in a random fashion so when entering a compound it runs the risk of being lethal to 1 so will make you blow walls to gain access to a safe area for cover.

Cheers for taking the time to read

I hope nobody minds me asking a couple of basic questions about Insugency, I've only seen a vary basic description of the gameplay.

1. Enemy spawn in red areas right? Do they endlessly spawn?

2. Once an area is green it no longer spawns yes?

3. Is there a SP friendly/derivative version?

I hope nobody minds me asking a couple of basic questions about Insugency, I've only seen a vary basic description of the gameplay.

1. Enemy spawn in red areas right? Do they endlessly spawn?

2. Once an area is green it no longer spawns yes?

3. Is there a SP friendly/derivative version?

1. Yes. I think enemies spawn inside and outside buildings. When you enter a building, that building cannot spawn enemies any longer even when still in the red area, but enemies will spawn outside until the area is green.

2. Yes. In the latest versions you need 2 players in 1 area to clear it and both need to be on foot. There are older versions where you can clear areas on your own though (i can PM when i'm at home and have found them)

3. I play in MP Lan sessions sometimes, good for training reactions / aim.

Whole point is to collect infos about hidden caches which you need to blow up via satchels (and get away 300m before triggering it).

Dead guys drop silver suitcases which you just run over to get the infos. In older versions you needed to approach armed guys inside buildings and hope that they would give up eventually (hands up), after that you needed to interrogate them via E key, but that feature has been dropped.

Edited by ])rStrangelove

)rStrangelove;1992704']

2. Yes. In the latest versions you need 2 players in 1 area to clear it and both need to be on foot. There are older versions where you can clear areas on your own though (i can PM when i'm at home and have found them)

The last I have .80, has a parameter 1,2 or 3.

)rStrangelove;1992704']1. Yes. I think enemies spawn inside and outside buildings. When you enter a building' date=' that building cannot spawn enemies any longer even when still in the red area, but enemies will spawn outside until the area is green.

3. I play in MP Lan sessions sometimes, good for training reactions / aim.

Whole point is to collect infos about hidden caches which you need to blow up via satchels (and get away 300m before triggering it).

Dead guys drop silver suitcases which you just run over to get the infos. In older versions you needed to approach armed guys inside buildings and hope that they would give up eventually (hands up), after that you needed to interrogate them via E key, but that feature has been dropped.[/quote']

Thanks for the info :) I too play LAN alone, but I'd like to try it out with some AI teamates. I know it's not what this mission is about, just asking :)

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

The last I have .80, has a parameter 1,2 or 3.

Can you tell me where I set this parameter?

Can you tell me where I set this parameter?

Never mind, I got it, select parameter then click edit :)

Is there a method to have the mission automatically set up to my requirements though? Or do I need to set it up the same way each time?

Never mind, I got it, select parameter then click edit :)

Is there a method to have the mission automatically set up to my requirements though? Or do I need to set it up the same way each time?

Yea in your description.ext file there are all your parameters. Edit them there so when you load your game all the defaults are now yours, preset to your liking.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

I guess I'll direct this one at fireball since no one has touched my question about how to pull injured players from helichopters instead of putting a bullet in there head. you can pull them from "isKindofLandVehicles" why not the heli's? What's the define I need to add to the line of code? (see previous page for my original post) This is really my only issue with insurgency. I've been able to change or fix everything else just not this one.

Everything looks like it's there so a rewrite I don't think is needed. Just a lil direction please. lol! Insurgency my latest addiction! love it!

Anyone have a version where your ai troops can spawn on your position ( as humans can)? Or are able to show me how to code it in please.

Anyone have a version where your ai troops can spawn on your position ( as humans can)? Or are able to show me how to code it in please.

I know how to make a custom squad and have them spawn on anyone in that squad. As far as AI are concerned I don't have a whole lot of experience in that department but I'll let you take it from there.

In the directory defines sqf under #define westSoldierClasses you add whatever soldier class you want specops,delta,..etc..etc..

then in the common\defines sqf you add under string functions #define squadUnitStrings(X) [X+"1",X+"2",X+"3",X+"4",X+"5",X+"6",X+"7",X+"8",X+"9",X+"0"] this is my own custom 10 man squad customize how you wish.

The rest of the defines are self explanatory. Important info #define squadID(X) ("Hitman-1-" + str squadNumber(X))

#define unitID(X) ("Hitman-1-" + str squadNumber(X) + "-" + str unitNumber these must match what you just created. Just replace what's in the mission sqf with your created squad then add your new player sting in #define westPlayerStrings ["Hitman111","Hitman112","Hitman113","Hitman114","Hitman115","Hitman116","Hitman117","Hitman118","Hitman119","Hitman110",\ this is what mine looks like after editing it. now go to your server\AI\UPS sqf and add your new squad string under westplayerstings duh. This should get you started in the right direction sorry I couldn't be of more help as far as the ai are concerned but I think you'll be able to figure it out and don't forget to edit your changes in the mission sqf. I think that's it lol lets hope so. :D

Hey LSD,

Thanks for getting back to me. It's not exactly what I'm after. What I really want is to have a squad of humans and AI where IF they die, they will group respawn (unless all of them are wiped out within a certain time and they main base respawn)

I'm using a Cerebrus C5 edit that kinda does this but only if the player is at the base (but more often than not fails).

Mixing AI behaviours and player is complicated but this would really make the game quite something. You would have to make sure that at least one member of your group survives the contact (and is not too close to the enemy) so that you (and AI) can respawn.

Unfortunately my scripting skills are poor and therefore I don't have the ability to write this myself. If you get a chance look for Cerebrus C5 edit and have a little look :)

The only thing that might be complicated is the first part (group respawn w/variables)

as for the rest the frame work is pretty much already there. Spawn on squadleader as the ai dies unless player is in that slot? And all ai respawn at mhq if squadleader dies?

Making this is doable I just don't think I have the time but now that I think about it I like the idea. Great another thing on my to do list lol!

Spawn on squadleader as the ai dies unless player is in that slot? And all ai respawn at mhq if squadleader dies?

Making this is doable I just don't think I have the time but now that I think about it I like the idea. Great another thing on my to do list lol!

This would be absolutely fantastic if you could get it :)

There's a slim chance, if you add a feature ticket on my project space. :rolleyes:

But anyhow, I'll think about it - it shouldn't be a problem that you kind of "request reinforcements" up to your squad size as a TL. If somebody human joins in the same squad, one AI would be removed for them. They'd be joined as AI into your squad.

I think Insurgency 0.70 had this already in, but it was subsequently removed - not sure why.

Kremator I'm thinking the best bet is to submit a feature ticket to Fireball as he has already suggested before and I'm all for voting for it. (Less work for me) Also this needs to be done properly to have any chance of it finding support. It would be a perfect option to have while one is waiting for ones server to be populated. You can still enjoy Insurgency while waiting for real players. This never takes to long when I have it running but would still be a great addition. ;););)("Fireball")

i don't really like the respawn system of this mission, i just hate, i'd like to see a normal revive script added with a function to enable or disable it, you know, so people will play with the old respawn script will other play with the revive script of norrin, oh and while i'm here, instead of just destroying ammoboxes, why not adding some sub-mission, like "you found a wallet with a picture of a captured man/woman working for the governement, gor free him/her" that's will be a bit more immersive

Yup, and I absolutely hate that AI uses so many snipers while we have so little assets to deal with that threat (humvees are not exactly a proper solution).