Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

You want less caches?theres a server parameter for that...prior to mission start in the slotting lobby just have the server admin set it.

My previous post lists the parameters in the Description.ext that you can change. you can lower the number but it really makes no difference I think.

Hey Fireball, question for you, in this parameter:

class aiSkill {
	title="    AI Accuracy"; 
	values[]={ 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 }; 
	texts[]={ "0.1","0.2","0.3","0.4","0.5","0.6","0.7","0.8","0.9","1.0" }; 
	default=3; 
	code = ""; 

Is the AI more accurate with a higher number or a smaller number?

AI are more accurate with a higher number.

I imagine they're also affected by the AI settings chosen by the server admin in server.armaprofile.

Hey Fireball, question for you, in this parameter:

class aiSkill {
       title="    AI Accuracy"; 
       values[]={ 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 }; 
       texts[]={ "0.1","0.2","0.3","0.4","0.5","0.6","0.7","0.8","0.9","1.0" }; 
       default=3; 
       code = ""; 

Is the AI more accurate with a higher number or a smaller number?

At risk of sounding dumb, where do I find Description.ext?

Do I have to un-pbo the mission file?

^^ yup

Thanks :) To de-pbo a mission file, what tool do you recommend? Eliteness? Or ExtractPbo?

Also in the Description.ext what does the "disabledAI" parameter control?

Where can I find documentation on this mission?

'cos I looked over on Dev Heaven but couldn't find any...

Edited by domokun

either or works I normally use ExtractPbo, and that works np.

Also in the Description.ext what does the "disabledAI" parameter control?

disabledAI

Removes all playable units which do not have a human player. (MP)

Disabling all the AI units will prevent JIP into playable units in OFP:Elite and ArmA.

disabledAI = false/true

thats seperate from the mission, meaning it can be in an mission that you want that.

Where can I find documentation on this mission?

http://pvpscene.net/wiki/doku.php?id=english:game_modes:insurgency

Theres links on there, one of them will have info.

I've modded the mission a little, I've changed a few units and such and re-enabled the AI units, but they appear on the other side of the map, how do you make them spawn with you at the beginning of the game?

Edited by Hokum15

You should expect to need to re-write a lot/most/all of the scripts in the mission if you want it to work with enabling the AI... You're probably better off adding some kind of AI recruitment script and keep the AI disabled in description.ext, in terms of gains vs effort...

Last night we played 0.76 with a few edits (thanks to yourhelp) and it was abBlast (thanks Hokum).

We found our first weapon cache and watching her go up in smoke was SO satisfying :D

However thereafter we continued collecting briefcases except that no intel showed up on the map!? It wasn't until 20-30 mins later that the hints started appearing again on the map. Is this a bug or is it supposed to simulate a lag in intelligence?

Also a couple of us noticed that our scores dropped and sometimes even went very negative! So, apart from killing civies (which I don't think we ever encountered), how is this possible? Is it a bug?

Finally would it be possible to offer an CAS option that offers either A-10 or AC-130?

Edited by domokun

AC-130s don't usually operate during daylight, but I wouldn't mind having the option to call in some helicopters.

Also a couple of us noticed that our scores dropped and sometimes even went very negative! So, apart from killing civies (which I don't think we ever encountered), how is this possible? Is it a bug?

I've noticed my own score goes backward and into the negative if I am manning a vehicle mounted weapon system. I'm going to guess that's a minor bug. Fast work-around: don't use vehicle mounted weapon systems if your score matters to you.

AC-130s don't usually operate during daylight, but I wouldn't mind having the option to call in some helicopters.

thx I knew already that (hence their "spooky" codename). but did you know that you can alter the time at which the mission takes place so that you can play it at night?

Indeed, and yet it wouldn't keep in the spirit of the mission unless it was only available at night. Combine that with the fact that there's no AC-130 in the game which means either one of the unconvincing scripts or an addon, I really don't see it being added any time soon.

Not to mention, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not sure if it's true, but I do not believe they are used in bigger cities for fear of collateral damage to civilians and their homes. If that is the case, then you really wouldn't be using them except in certain situations, locations, and times, making it extremely rare to use and, while probably fun, not really worthwhile to put in.

Also, how would you go about using it? Would you pilot it while the AI fires? Would you fire while the AI does a predictable circle? Or would you have several players take the role of pilot and gunners?

I also see you mentioned the A-10, which is in the game and in the mission. The way it's done though is that whoever calls it in (and depending on if your squad lead approves it or not) is the pilot. What I'd love to see more than either AI controlled A-10 CAS or any sort of AC-130 implementation is CAS by helicopters. I'd prefer an Apache, but a Blackhawk would work just as fine for the most part I think.

Edited by BOTA:49

I think you'll find LurchiDerLurch's AC130 scripts VERY convincing! In fact, just for spite I should replace the A10 with the AC130!

The AC-130 is nice for missions where you'd just incinerate everything, which is not/should not be the case in Insurgency.

You can order a CAS-Strike with the A-10 because sometimes there are like 2-3 enemy vehicles and even tanks about and you might be overrun with them.

If everything goes well, I will make it an option to use an AI controlled A-10 for a precision, laser-guided airstrike.

On another note I'd appreciate if I'd get some feedback on removing the RC heli - does everyone agree with this?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18862

Yeah remove the RC heli. There is a version of Insurgency called Insurrection that you should takema little lookmat for some other ideas. It is on some servers around.

I voted against its removal.

Also, how can I unpack this PBO? I've tried a few various de-pbo programs and none seem to work?

Edited by Imperator_Pete

I've noticed that cpbo won't upack it either. Fireball using a wierd packer ?

I had an experiance with Insurgency the other day I'd like to pass on to you. I was the only one in our clan server (AdultGamersElite) the other day and I had never figured out how to utilize the A10 (the commands to do so). I sort of stubbled on it by chance and thought, cool. I utilized it and then the time ran out. No problem.

Then as I was trying to put a personal waypoint on the map, I found myself BACK in the A10 once more. This sequence happend nearly every time I tried to put a Persona Way point on the map till I left the game.

What the heck am I doing wrong? Or am I doing something wrong?

I still haven't been able to find a version that allows for AI team mates, as much as I've traversed the few public servers that have this mission.

If anyone has it, would they be kind enough to upload it for me please?

Thanks,

Abs