Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

I'm assuming nobody has that because it can't really be done by adding 1 or 2 lines of code. It would actually take some notable effort to get it done...

@Abs ... there is a version called Insurrection BAF (I think) that has bon's recruitment built in.

As Team Leader you can bring AI with you.

You'll have to see how it was implemented with that one.

Personally i only play Oden's counter insurgency (COIN) because it supports recruiting AI. This way its also awesome to play in SP or small coop. See this link for his latest version:

http://odenhouse.servegame.com/

I would love to have the same option in Insurgency!

Maybe someone can figure out how this is done.

I'm assuming nobody has that because it can't really be done by adding 1 or 2 lines of code. It would actually take some notable effort to get it done...

See here:

just a note for everyone on the ai teammates:

It is actually recommended that you do not disable them as having ai in a players' squad adds to the number of players when the server isn't at full capacity (obviously), however they take nothing away from the servers' performance as the ai are local to whoever is the squad leader of the squad, and if this is a player then all the cpu work is done on the players machine.

So basically ai fleshes out the player numbers without costing anything in server performance, so unless people find them annoying i'd recommend never disabling them.

So looks like it was there at some point. ;)

@Abs ... there is a version called Insurrection BAF (I think) that has bon's recruitment built in.

As Team Leader you can bring AI with you.

You'll have to see how it was implemented with that one.

A Google search for Insurrection BAF actually brings up your post as the top result. Got a link for me so I can check it out? Thanks mate.

Personally i only play Oden's counter insurgency (COIN) because it supports recruiting AI. This way its also awesome to play in SP or small coop. See this link for his latest version:

http://odenhouse.servegame.com/

I would love to have the same option in Insurgency!

Maybe someone can figure out how this is done.

Thanks rmk80...I don't know how different it is to Insurgency, but I'll check it out. :)

So, I'm still looking for a link to this mission that has AI team mates. If anyone can oblige, I'd be eternally grateful!

Abs

See here:

Thanks rmk80...I don't know how different it is to Insurgency, but I'll check it

Well, its actually based on the original Insurgency by Pogoman, only rewritten from scratch. I'm not really sure waht the differences are exactly, but you should really give it a try!

Well depends how the scripts work, really. Once you start making scripts that let the player make decisions that the AI isn't capable of making (such as, say, choosing a respawn position or choosing your gear via UI), then you have to give AI some alternative script to manage those things for them or they won't really work (except maybe just respawn at the default respawn place with their default config loadout and start running back to you).

Hey Abs, I don't have a link mate, but you will find the mission being played online. It is being modded by n3ro Troy I believe.

Played this again the other night I and it was brilliant fun.

Just 2 small bugs:

1) Certain players seems to incur negative scores

2) Occasionally you cannot re-spawn. Your only option is to quit the game and re-join the server

I understand if adding AI is too complicated.

But we're really looking forward to more civilians and IEDs!

I have not stopped playing this mission since I found it.

Is there anyway to alter the mission so that when mission starts is in a perticular spot and not a random start position?

Would love to build a base where I can start from, and take equipment out to the field.

I've prepared an AI flown user-controlled CAS air strike:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18566

There is also a video for those interested how it works then.

I'll offer this with an option for the old CAS where the player hops in and also an option to disable it entirely.

Additionally there will be an option to set flying time; AI-flown A-10 will always last double the time of the player-flown CAS, due to the fact that time starts counting for the AI-flown air strike as soon you've called it.

Tell me what you think!

Played this again last night and it was epic. Just 1 remark though, it seems as if the Warrior (British APC) is practically invulnerable. For, whilst driving across the map to our 1st ammo cache, we encountered scores to OPFOR, many of which were armed with RPGs. They hit our Warrior several times and yet it never seemed to take any damage. Any ideas on why?

Edited by domokun

Played this again last night and it was epic. Just 1 remark though, it seems as if the Warrior (British APC) is practically invulnerable. For, whilst driving across the map to our 1st ammo cache, we encountered scores to OPFOR, many of which were armed with RPGs. They hit our Warrior several times and yet it never seemed to take any damage. Any ideas on why?

That's just the Warrior for you. It's an RPG resistant vehicle with RPG 'nets' and ERA.:)

Hello everyone!

Finally a new version out, after a good month of break and taking my time in testing the Ambient Civillian modules (ALICE2/SILVIE) along with some ambient bomber script.

Few notes to ALICE2/SILVIE and the suicide bombers:

- Disabling Ambient Civilians in the mission parameters will also disable ambient bombers

- The defusal kit for ambient/suicide bombers is your gun; you got 1 second from the "Allah akbar" outcry to kill the bomber

- On host servers (i.e. player hosts the mission) it's advisable to disable Ambient Civilian unless your gear is "da shizzle"

- Fallujah has incompatible buildings with ALICE2, so no civilians will be spawned at all, but it has city centres, thus you'll have some traffic at least

- Mana has compatible buildings with ALICE2 but no city centres, thus neither will work

Credits to:

- Reezo's IEDdetect (only used ambient bomber script)

- Wolffy.au Module Improvement Projecte

Other key features:

- 30 player slots

- 6 HMMVs

- PMC weapons

- Unflip vehicles through radio

- A-10 air strike through controllable AI

Further features and fixes are seen in the Roadmap.

Current version: 0.80

- Fireball

--------

Project Details

Mission available at

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/files

For improvements and fixes, please see the roadmap at:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/roadmap

Please feel free to post your suggestions here or, better even, file a ticket on DevHeaven in the project issue tracker.

Edited by Fireball

Brilliant. Can't wait to try it out tonight. BTW are the ALICE2/SILVIE modules included? Or must they be installed separately?

Managed to grab it last night from your official server :)

Been playing it quite a bit.

Brilliant. Can't wait to try it out tonight. BTW are the ALICE2/SILVIE modules included? Or must they be installed separately?

Included, they're the stock BIS modules, plus I used Wolffy.au's fixes from the MIP (Module Improvement Project).

What a great mission...lots of fun!!

nice to see you on our server Fireball.

Could i ask if it would be possible to increse parameter for amount of ammo crates in a mission.

other than that theres nothing i can think of

cya again sometime

-=XTRA=-Squadie

p.s. your more than welcome to come to our website and say hi

http://www.battlegroup-xtra.eu/

By any slim chance that this great MP mission can have AI fill-ins just like the A&S promode for those of us in the other part of the world that can't join too many servers due to high ping time??

Would there be any reason I cant extract your pbos? I've tried with pbo viewer, cpbo, and ArmAunpbo. None of them could open the pbo, the error seems to be that none of them think its a pbo.

By any slim chance that this great MP mission can have AI fill-ins just like the A&S promode for those of us in the other part of the world that can't join too many servers due to high ping time??

I thought this was already possible in some version of Insurgency or at least the ability to add some AI to your own group. I know I was able to do this in one version but there were some problems with it surrounding respawn.

To make it like A&S would be somewhat difficult because there is no set objective so not sure how/what AI would be given as an objective unless that can be coordinated by an overall commander of some sorts.

There's a slim chance, if you add a feature ticket on my project space. :rolleyes:

But anyhow, I'll think about it - it shouldn't be a problem that you kind of "request reinforcements" up to your squad size as a TL. If somebody human joins in the same squad, one AI would be removed for them. They'd be joined as AI into your squad.

I think Insurgency 0.70 had this already in, but it was subsequently removed - not sure why.

thank-you.jpg

pogoman and now fireball

for your work, time and sweat u both put into this great mission!!

we only play it coop wise, not pvp and just love to play it time by time!!

also thx 4 porting it to other islands :yay:

best regards and keep up the good work soldier