Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

ZeusAI has no negative effect on the mission except that the AI will kick yer arse more !

Thanks for all the replies. Yet I still have a couple more questions:

a) Is the squad leader the only person able to call in CAS?

b) If so, then how then how do other squad members laze a target so the A10 can toss its Paveways?

Reason being that on our first attempt, I played squad leader and when I called in CAS I was amazed to find myself at the controls of the A10. However I was pretty frustrated to discover that none of my teams mates had a laser-designator. When I re-spawned as a squad leader immediately pulled my binocs only to discover than apart from a compass and range finder, it didn't seem to offer any laser designation. Which left me wondering, but how... ?

5) How do you re-deploy your MHQ ?

Anyone can request to deploy the MHQ but that request is sent to the squad leader to ok/confirm it first! :cool:

Edit:- ffs why my 'quote' not working? lol

Edited by ck-claw

A version that I tried HAD the Laser Designator

Which version was that? Were you playing as the team leader?

Also although I've found IEDs on lots of OPFOR, I've never seen them detonate them against us. Is that normal? Or have we just been lucky?

On reflection I have a few suggestions for Fireball:

a) Is it possible to have AI populate the empty slots on your side?

b) Could you take out OPFOR armor, only put in technicals with machine guns (realism)

c) Add a civilian module with civi vehicles + a penalty to BLUFOR for killing civilians > adds ROE to the mission

Edited by domokun

Any attempts I had for tinkering with the civilian module ended with stuff that don't work. If you want to do anything with those civilians other than having them be ambient civilians (which is what the module was meant for), you probably have to script the civilian spawning/despawning/handling yourself.

Downloaded this mission(Zargabad and Lingor versions) the other day and has been the most fun me and my friends have had in awhile with a mission. We will be playing alot of this in the weeks to come.

One thing I would love to get is a stand alone version of the respawn/revive that is used. I like being able to choose gear in respawn and then using arrow keys to select where to respawn at (even respawned inside a moving vehicle, very cool). I have a number of missions I would like to use this in. I opened the pbo to look at it ,but the scripting is beyond my knowledge level

Also the name tags are great. Tells the players name and designation. If the player is in a vehicle tells you which position. This would be another nice script to use.

Nomad

One last note:

We found an ammo cache (in a building) , set a satchel and stood back. It was a very cool explosion , until it killed me. Next time, I will stand very far back. I was excepting the normal satchel explosion, but the explosion in game is much better.

I need help tweaking the mission, I added a new unit called Hitman151 with Hitman152 both are pilots, I added their string to common/define.sqf and I'm getting some error about zero division.

Where else do I need to add their string or how the heck do I fix this?the leader has group id set just like the other groups...if I don't add their string to the define then theres no error but AIs wont spawn around them + when they exit the vehicle it will despawn.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3111/errorfw.png

#define westPlayerStrings	["Hitman111","Hitman112","Hitman113","Hitman114","Hitman115","Hitman121","Hitman122","Hitman123","Hitman124","Hitman125","Hitman131","Hitman132","Hitman133","Hitman134","Hitman135","Hitman141","Hitman142","Hitman143","Hitman144","Hitman145","Hitman151","Hitman152"]

Whoever might be interested to the solution to the above problem,

client > variables.sqf

playerNames		= ["","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""]; 

Add "" per each player.

Hoping someone can help with this.

I've enabled BLUFOR AI so that one can play this single player commanding AI teammates.

This was easy enough to do by enabling AI in description.ext and un-commenting some code that had to do with spawning AI for BLUFOR side (in client/mainloop.sql and client/AI/functions.sqf).

I'd be happy to share this with Fireball if he wants to include it in the main development (where I would rather see it reside). Perhaps making it a mission parameter would be best.

All seems to work relatively ok. There are times when BLUFOR AI don't spawn back with the group but otherwise works pretty well. This might only happen when one cannot spawn due to being too close to enemy. So, what I do when an AI goes down now is pull back to a safe area and they always seem to be able to respawn back to me. Sometimes it takes 20-30 seconds but they eventually show up back with me and the team.

The only problem is when one takes control of the HELI. After returning to normal, the group is lost. I can't seem to figure out why this is happening or how to resolve.

Anyone have ideas on what might be the issue or where to look?

Fireball, have you had a look at UPSMON (the updated version of UPS) ?

I'm getting a issue adding extra players on BLUFOR, I added Hitman151 on both the strings and the "" in the variables so they can spawn without errors and such but theres one thing I can't figure out, if Hitman151 takes a vehicle far enough for it to reach the despawn range[eg atv not near other players 100m/base] once Hitman151 exit the vehicle it will despawn and spawn back at the base, I am cracking my head on how to fix it...the player class is already defined, so is the string...any ideas?this does NOT happen to other players that are already there, if I add Hitman151 to a fully functional squad it will still happen to Hitman151.

Any ideas?

Fireball, have you had a look at UPSMON (the updated version of UPS) ?

Well I've read all the features and I felt that there is no need for the "bloat" it delivers. After all this ain't a ordered and controlled campaign of the AI.

UPS is merely used for the AI vehicle patrols.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Hoping someone can help with this.

(...)

I'd be happy to share this with Fireball if he wants to include it in the main development (where I would rather see it reside). Perhaps making it a mission parameter would be best.

Well it never meant to be a SP mission, but then again, as a param, why not?.

Please file a feature ticket on my project space and paste diffs (or attach them).

The only problem is when one takes control of the HELI. After returning to normal, the group is lost. I can't seem to figure out why this is happening or how to resolve.

Anyone have ideas on what might be the issue or where to look?

I have an idea about this, but I'm not sure what you exactly see - who is taking control of the heli? Whose group is lost?

OTOH, if you put your diffs in a ticket, I might debug it with the changes in.

Fortify in UPSMON is very useful for placing enemies in buildings without locking them to sitting in that building position. And of course there are more useful features. For just patrol vehicles, though, I suppose UPS has all you need.

I'm getting a issue adding extra players on BLUFOR, I added Hitman151 on both the strings and the "" in the variables so they can spawn without errors and such but theres one thing I can't figure out, if Hitman151 takes a vehicle far enough for it to reach the despawn range[eg atv not near other players 100m/base] once Hitman151 exit the vehicle it will despawn and spawn back at the base, I am cracking my head on how to fix it...the player class is already defined, so is the string...any ideas?this does NOT happen to other players that are already there, if I add Hitman151 to a fully functional squad it will still happen to Hitman151.

Any ideas?

Whoever is interested, the solution was to add Hitman151 to server/ups.init westplayer strings.(thanks Fireball)

So if you want to add a new slot you have to do 3 things:

1)client/variables.sqf

Add "" per each new player eg:

playerNames		= ["","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""]; 

2)common/define.sqf

Add the unit's name to the WestPlayerString

#define westPlayerStrings	["Hitman111","Hitman112","Hitman113","Hitman114","Hitman115","Hitman121","Hitman122","Hitman123","Hitman124","Hitman125","Hitman131","Hitman132","Hitman133","Hitman134","Hitman135","Hitman141","Hitman142","Hitman143","Hitman144","Hitman145","Hitman151","Hitman152"]

3)server/ai/UPS.init

Add the unit's name to WestPlayerString[yes again]

#define westPlayerStrings		["Hitman111","Hitman112","Hitman113","Hitman114","Hitman115","Hitman121","Hitman122","Hitman123","Hitman124","Hitman125","Hitman131","Hitman132","Hitman133","Hitman134","Hitman135","Hitman141","Hitman142","Hitman143","Hitman144","Hitman145","Hitman151","Hitman152"]

And it will work.

I had an idea for insurgency, I was thinking if it would be possible to pick your own spawn start location.

I think this would be a great feature vs random start spawn location as alot of the times you end u in the same area for the sake of atmosphere in the mission.

Whoever starts the mission could have the choice, dont think it would work as a parameter, maybe it could where once you spawn in,

then maybe a menu dialog could come up and you could choose the base location start.

I liked this very much yesterday. But not the suckers not paying attention to the ammo boxes. They ran around and cleared squares 4 km north of the next ammo box. For no good reason. We had approx six-seven hints, one being 50 m.... :/ They couldn't understand the value of this. "We need to clear this town!". Long after the ammo box there was blown away.

Everybody should read the sneakybastard-guide.

Keep up the good work! I will play Insurgency again, and again and again. :)

The only reason I ever clear grids away from the objective is if it's grids that are near the HQ. Only to help prevent any enemy AI or players from attacking anyone at the HQ. Other than that, yeah, it gets annoying when players do that. The worst though is when they drive a HMV in circles inside an enemy occupied grid. That drives me insane.

One thing I'd like to see though is more IEDs and suicide bombers. For IEDs I'd love to see more than the enemy version of a satchel. Something like a piece of garbage laying there that has a timer and a trigger. Once you're within 10m of the IED it will go off in, say, 30 seconds unless disarmed. As for suicide bombers, I'd like it if it was a standard enemy who would just blow himself up if you came too close to him, but still shoot at you if you're far enough away.

The IEDs and suicide bombers is being worked on :). So far is it very effective!

One thing I'd like to see though is more IEDs and suicide bombers. For IEDs I'd love to see more than the enemy version of a satchel. Something like a piece of garbage laying there that has a timer and a trigger. Once you're within 10m of the IED it will go off in, say, 30 seconds unless disarmed. As for suicide bombers, I'd like it if it was a standard enemy who would just blow himself up if you came too close to him, but still shoot at you if you're far enough away.

The IEDs and suicide bombers is being worked on :). So far is it very effective!

I gladly accept any submissions to that (with the prerogative to implement it maybe a bit differently or optionally).

If anyone wants to take part of the Insurgency project directly, I'll be happy to talk it over, since, as I mentioned, I have family and my time is limited (thus the slow release cycle).

Is there a way or a possible adding of the ability to disable the OPFORCE for the game. To make it strickley player vs AI?

All I'm using Fireball is Reezo's IED scripts. Probably better until the first full release but already is make Insurgency SOOOO much livelier !

Insurgency v0.76 released

All maps released:

- Takistan (+BAF)

- Zargabad (+BAF)

- Lingor

- Mana Island

- Fallujah

Mission available at

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/files

For improvements and fixes, please see the roadmap at:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/roadmap

Please feel free to post your suggestions here or, better even, file a ticket on DevHeaven in the project issue tracker.

If anyone is a good banner designer:

I appreciate that there is a banner and I've already put it on the project home intermediately, but as I mentioned, it doesn't present the mission enough. If anyone comes up with another suggestion I'm all open for it.