Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

True, however I am not totally sure what the issues are with the current revive system. Seems very similar to me just doesn't force you into a camera overview which is probably more realistic.

I play this mod quite often but i have a few questions.

1) there are few weapons that are like missing, i mean the name of the weapon is there but the icon isn't there, do i have to download them?

2) when i join an insurgency server it says CBA_MAIN is missing. or i think it says CBA...not sure.

If server runs CBA and you are not you will get the message, however if no mods nor missions that require CBA are running it shouldn't be a problem.

Is there anyway to recruit AI to blufor team? I can't really play online but the gamemode/gameplay of this mod is awesome!

Hello Fireball, is there a way to allow AI in multiplayer, by changing the files?

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry, LSD had it answered already.

PS: Please Fireball, make it possible! lol

Edited by N. Rodrigues

is it possible to reduce enemy AI's RPG? I think it is too much overpowered the insurgent, kill the long gun firefight immersion, especially (so annoying) when they started shooting your base with those damn RPGs. but, this is still one of my fav MP missions. Thanks for your effort, Fireball :)

Is there a insurgeney tutorial on mission makeing anywhere on these forums?

Edited by baz44331

Is there a insurgeney tutorial on mission makeing anywhere on these forums?

A great guy has this - GUIDE

First of all, sorry for not replying here for a long time, I didn't get anymore notifications of the thread, for some reason.

is it possible to reduce enemy AI's RPG? I think it is too much overpowered the insurgent, kill the long gun firefight immersion, especially (so annoying) when they started shooting your base with those damn RPGs. but, this is still one of my fav MP missions. Thanks for your effort, Fireball :)

That's an easy thing. Currently it has the the same AT infantry unit 3 times in the eastInfClasses list, I'll replace one of them with an AR unit and there we have only 2/3 of the previous AT unit amount. I also thought it was a bit too much as it is now.

Then a question to everyone:

I'm currently making the OPFOR AI vehicle patrols respawning; what dynamic respawn time would you imagine?

Minimum respawn time is 300 secs and my thought was then an additional random of 900 secs by default.

I think I'll offer a choice for random respawn additional time of 300, 900, 1200, 1800 seconds.

Any other ideas?

Edited by Fireball

Why randomize the respawn timer? This is for friendly vehicles, yes?

Why randomize the respawn timer? This is for friendly vehicles, yes?

Sorry, I was unclear, it's about the OPFOR vehicle patrols (fixed in my post). I want to avoid the Swiss Watch[tm] effect; "ahh, 10 min passed, another patrol coming in, get ready", hence the random component.

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Is there a method to have the mission automatically set up to my requirements though? Or do I need to set it up the same way each time?

This should be set in the server config, as someone outlined in an earlier post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1886769&highlight=server+config#post1886769

Ah, if you want unexpected enemies you could use something even more sohpisticated than a random timer with a minimum and maximum value. If you run a loop that every X seconds has Y chance of respawning, then the chance for a vehicle to show up will be the same regardless of how much time have already passed without a vehicle respawning. You can play with the numbers to get the average you want, ex loop every 1 second with 0.01 chance will give on average 1 vehicle very 100 seconds, while the player will never actually know for sure whether or not a vehicle should be showing up already.

Sheesh, I'm just respawning the currently available AI vehicles from OPFOR, nothing special. Just need feedback on my original question, nothing sophisticated.

It's not that complicated, simply instead of sleep you can use something like:

_rate = sleepTime/averageRespawnTime;
while {(random 1) > _rate} do {sleep sleepTime;};

And the smaller sleepTime is compared to averageRespawnTime, the less predictable it is, but the more it will be affected by possible script lag.

Then, you can have averageRespawnTime as a parameter in the lobby.

_rate = sleepTime/averageRespawnTime;
while {(random 1) > _rate} do {sleep sleepTime;};

And the smaller sleepTime is compared to averageRespawnTime, the less predictable it is, but the more it will be affected by possible script lag.

Then, you can have averageRespawnTime as a parameter in the lobby.

So sleepTime may be 300 and it would wait randomly 300 seconds until, e.g. with 1800 averageRespawnTime, (random 1) would drop below 0.16. Well this way it may happen that they respawn instantly or almost never.

I want it to wait at least once sleepTime and then beginn with the random wait sequence; but alas it would only happen in 5 min steps - not so random and chances are high that vehicles respawn very seldom.

Thanks for your input but I'll stick to my method.

What I want to know: do the average times to respawn look reasonable to you?

Edited by Fireball

Hello everyone!

I finally got around to release Insurgency 0.81!

This is a bugfix release, but I couldn't do without sneaking some features in, which make upgrading your servers worthwhile!

Most notable of those is respawning OPFOR AI vehicle patrols.

Further additions include:

- Parameter to lock MHQ in place

- Removal time parameter for BLUFOR bodies

- You can now pull injured players out of any vehicle (also the chopper)

Enjoy!

Further features and fixes are seen in the Roadmap.

Current version: 0.81

- Fireball

--------

Project Details

Mission available at

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/files

For improvements and fixes, please see the roadmap at:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/roadmap

Please feel free to post your suggestions here or, better even, file a ticket on DevHeaven in the project issue tracker.

Not enough action for my taste.For me, seeing 5 or 6 enemies on the whole map is normal.

Is there not a option to increase the spawn rate?

Also Fireball, Is there any way of having an AI sqaud with you on this latest release? I love the mission but don't play MP, I would love to be able to have a small fireteam with me.

Hi every one, just want to say im loving the insurgancy mod so mutch so i am now running my own server.

However im runing to a slight problem trying to run three of the 0.81 missions.

Fallujah, lingor and plr_mana never seem to appear on the servers mission list

each mission has an entry in my server configuration file as follows

class MP_Insurgancy_fallujah   // name for the mission, can be anything
   {
       template="insurgency0_81.fallujah";// omit the .pbo suffix
	difficulty="veteran";// difficulty: recruit, regular, veteran or mercenary (see CfgDifficulties in the main game config)
   };

[update]

After switching the config around so that onyl one mission is set to load

As i try and connect, i can see in the server's console window that its attempting to "read from bank" but this appears to be an endless loop.

This happens for

plr_mana

fallujah

lingor

[/update]

only mission that i can load are the following:

takistan / takistan BAF

zargabad /zargabad BAF

i was just wondering if there are any additional requirements that i need on my server to run the other three mission on the server

Server is a Stock ArmA 2 OA standalone Dedicated server

i also have the latest beta version avaliable to use to.

any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Edited by TerminalAccess

Are mana,lingor,Fallujah island installed on both client/server? Both client and Server need's the islands to play

Edited by TeilX

Are mana,lingor,Fallujah island installed on both client/server?

No not currently they are just on the server

takistan and zargabad as far as i know are only installed on the server aswell and they both load fine.

i have even cleared the local mission cache to test if it was a client side problem or not.

Edited by TerminalAccess

No not currently they are just on the server

takistan and zargabad as far as i know are only installed on the server aswell and they both load fine.

i have even cleared the local mission cache to test if it was a client side problem or not.

Alright, so you don't have Mana, Fallujah or Lingor installed on your server, but you expect the server to magically know how to load the map then?

FPDR

Alright, so you don't have Mana, Fallujah or Lingor installed on your server, but you expect the server to magically know how to load the map then?

FPDR

Question:

Are mana,lingor,Fallujah island installed on both client/server?

Answer:

No not currently they are just on the server.

I think youll find i stated that i have had all of the insurgancy missions installed on the server but not the client.

regardess me and the friends that play on... or will be playing on that server have decided not to use those maps that need extra content, we will just stick with the two we have working rigth now.

thanks for the help guys.

Edited by TerminalAccess