Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

Just one change: for those sorts of tickets you want to choose 'Feature' instead of 'Support' because you're requesting a feature, not asking for support. But other than that good job mate :)

Cheers mate- i got there in the end! I think? :D

Hey guys,

I've read every page of this and the original thread. I know that Pogoman added the ability to enable friendly AI, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that. Any hints?

Thanks,

Abs

Hey guys, recently found this mission and put it on my server, my buddy and I are having a real blast with it,

I have one question though, when you are playing alone (no squad) when you kill all the insurgents in a red area does the

area on the map only turn green if theres someone else playing, or should it turn green if your by yourself too?

As when I was with my buddy we cleared a compound and the grid turned green, but he had to go out for a bit

so i kept playing and I cleared a few compounds but the area is still red, and it cant be possible theres enemy in the area as

its a compound with open ground and no enemy to be seen, am I missing something?

Another question too,

I opened up the original mission by pogoman in the editor to see how it was done, is it possible to copy everything in the editor

and transfer or recreate the stuff on another map and then transfer the files and it would work? I'm not new at Mp editing or editing in general,

i have done a ton of it in my days since OFP, just not familier with this type of mission.

Edit: forgot to mention Im playing the orignal Insurgency by pogoman, going to try the one Fireball made!

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Hey guys, recently found this mission and put it on my server, my buddy and I are having a real blast with it,

I have one question though, when you are playing alone (no squad) when you kill all the insurgents in a red area does the

area on the map only turn green if theres someone else playing, or should it turn green if your by yourself too?

As when I was with my buddy we cleared a compound and the grid turned green, but he had to go out for a bit

so i kept playing and I cleared a few compounds but the area is still red, and it cant be possible theres enemy in the area as

its a compound with open ground and no enemy to be seen, am I missing something?

Another question too,

I opened up the original mission by pogoman in the editor to see how it was done, is it possible to copy everything in the editor

and transfer or recreate the stuff on another map and then transfer the files and it would work? I'm not new at Mp editing or editing in general,

i have done a ton of it in my days since OFP, just not familier with this type of mission.

Edit: forgot to mention Im playing the orignal Insurgency by pogoman, going to try the one Fireball made!

Check the mission settings, and see if you required 2 men to clear a grid.

Abs

Hey guys,

I've read every page of this and the original thread. I know that Pogoman added the ability to enable friendly AI, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that. Any hints?

Thanks,

Abs

Not sure mate. I think I've seen a couple of servers with Blufor slots that had AI in them. Maybe keep checking other people's server, join the mission, and if it has AI, fetch the mission out of the folder where missions are temporarily stored on your PC, then un-PBO it and see if you can figure it out, or contact their server admin or mission-creator.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Another question too,

G'day mate,

Fireball was kind enough to create a mission parameter setting to let you choose how many units clear a grid square. In Pogoman's version, there was a requirement that two Blufor be on foot in the square, and no Opfor in the square.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17352

You can download Fireball's awesome versions from:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/files

And submit feature-requests and bug-tickets to him here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/issues

Not too sure exactly how to transfer the mission to another map. I've seen a number of people do it. Fireball will know because he has already done it for a bunch of other maps, including Fallujah, Lingor, Mana, etc

Happy hunting mate.

Cheers,

Swedge

Not sure mate. I think I've seen a couple of servers with Blufor slots that had AI in them. Maybe keep checking other people's server, join the mission, and if it has AI, fetch the mission out of the folder where missions are temporarily stored on your PC, then un-PBO it and see if you can figure it out, or contact their server admin or mission-creator.

Thanks Swedge. I'll have to look around. :)

Abs

hey i cant modefie th mission sqm from fallujah and takistan US do you know may how

??

hey i cant modefie th mission sqm from fallujah and takistan US do you know may how

??

Afaik - tis not an easy job!

I've ported plenty of warfare's to other maps!

Done a few dominations,but thats alot harder-the missions/secondry missions are set by co-ordinates within files/scripts within the missions folder,not actually in the editor!

And after looking within insurgency tis the same!

And i dont have the time these days to do it,so just waiting on Fireball as he's doing such a great job! :cool:

Check the mission settings, and see if you required 2 men to clear a grid.
Fireball was kind enough to create a mission parameter setting to let you choose how many units clear a grid square.

In Pogoman's version, there was a requirement that two Blufor be on foot in the square, and no Opfor in the square.

Oh ok, thanks guys, I forgot about the parameters, will have a look.

Hey guys,

Got the parameters setup and got everything working np, but question, on pogoman's 72 version

i adjusted the spawn delay time in the description ext file after opening.

For the 75 version I can do the same but the problem is cpbo wont extract all the files, I only get the prefix file and the debo.dll,

so i used elitness and got all the files but when i repbo the file and put it on my server the mission wont load, nor will it load if I host the mission,

when i try to host the mission it says read only.

This is not the first time I have edited missions, I'm used to doing this, and I usually dont have issues with cpbo but now I did and the mission dont work,

only thing i changed was the respawndelay in the description.ext 30 sec is to long await for 2 guys on a private server.

So what tool do i need to use to not get the read only?

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Not sure if it will help but cpbo stopped working for me, so now using Pbo View and had np's so far,just a thought?

Hey thanks man,

I remember seeing this tool before but I never had any trouble with CPBO til I had issues with unpacking the latest insurgency here,

really weird. but thanks again.

Don't use outdated tools for a2/OA (pbos).

mikero's eliteness or extractPbo are to be used.

It didn't work anyways its says its not an Arma pbo. and I tried elitness and It extracts the pbo but turns it into a read only file,

and the mission I host on either my computer, or my gameserver wont load.

Got the ExtractPbo and DePbo by Mikero and was able to open the pbo np, I made 1 change, just made the respawn delay from

30 sec to 3 as its just me and my buddy playing, and well I go to host the mission and its basically doing what it did before,

it wont load, you click ont he mission and nothing happens, wont load or start up like others do.

Something with the mission or its compressed or something.

the original version of insurgency I was able to open and make changes np, and host with no issues, I dont quite understand whats

the situation is with this mission, was there something special that was done to the mission, I mean I can run the original unedited

version of 75, but as soon as I depbo it it fails to work, or load.

For all the poor souls unable to edit or view mission.sqm from the depbo'ed missions:

Download Eliteness, DePBO the .pbo file, navigate within the extracted files to the mission.sqm within Eliteness and right-click it, select "Derapify" - tada, all done!

Hi Günter,

I just tested this for you and confirms it seems to work.

1. As you said, in description.ext change respawnDelay = 30; to respawnDelay = 3;

2. Under the insurgency0_75.takistan folder is the subfolder insurgency

3. Rename that insurgency folder to insurgency0_75.takistan

4. Right-click that insurgency0_75.takistan folder and create the PBO from that folder.

5. Host with that insurgency0_75.takistan.pbo.

Cheers,

Swedge

Got the ExtractPbo and DePbo by Mikero and was able to open the pbo np, I made 1 change, just made the respawn delay from

30 sec to 3 as its just me and my buddy playing, and well I go to host the mission and its basically doing what it did before,

it wont load, you click ont he mission and nothing happens, wont load or start up like others do.

Something with the mission or its compressed or something.

the original version of insurgency I was able to open and make changes np, and host with no issues, I dont quite understand whats

the situation is with this mission, was there something special that was done to the mission, I mean I can run the original unedited

version of 75, but as soon as I depbo it it fails to work, or load.

Fireball,

Glad to see you are working on this already great mod and our group is really looking forward to .76! One issue we have noticed is that Blufor have been exploiting the game by moving the MHQ into red zones to keep Opfor human players out and ineffective (due to teleporting them out). This is extremely frustrating for the human Opfor players. Server messages and warnings don't work when there are no admins on to police it. Do you think there is a way to provide a better alternative than teleporting Opfor out? I realize we also don't want base camping by Opfor, but given that there are fewer human players as Opfor who are already at a disadvantage, maybe the removal of the teleport isn't such a bad idea entirely?

Some suggestions I have could be a parameter that allows BluFor invincibility when spawning at MHQ for 15 seconds so they can get their bearings and eliminate the camper/s. Another idea is a guard tower/s or static defense/s equiped with AI defender/s always on the lookout for would-be base campers. This way there are always friendly lookouts at the base (more realistic than and empty base).

Edited by D3VIANT

Hi Günter,

I just tested this for you and confirms it seems to work.

1. As you said, in description.ext change respawnDelay = 30; to respawnDelay = 3;

2. Under the insurgency0_75.takistan folder is the subfolder insurgency

3. Rename that insurgency folder to insurgency0_75.takistan

4. Right-click that insurgency0_75.takistan folder and create the PBO from that folder.

5. Host with that insurgency0_75.takistan.pbo.

Cheers,

Swedge

Fireball, Swedge, thanks very much, I followed your instructions and I got it to work! Just tested it out and everything works like its supposed to!

I'm wondering though why the mission worked with the subfolder insurgency before without opening it but then after opening the pbo

it wouldn't work in there and then after I changed that folder to insurgency0_75.takistan it worked again.

Normally in a depedod mission there would be the mission folder extracted then all the files inside, not a subfolder,

any ideas how that seemed to work versus being pboed, then unpboed?

Also I have another question for you which I'll test myself and confirm, but under client--> gear---> loadout script,

I can add whatever weapon classes along with their ammo in the appropriate spots and the weapons would showup when you choose your weapons?

thanks again for the help guys and a fun mission to play!

Also I have another question for you which I'll test myself and confirm, but under client--> gear---> loadout script,

I can add whatever weapon classes along with their ammo in the appropriate spots and the weapons would showup when you choose your weapons?

QUOTE]

Confirmed , but add the magazine class to the common--> defines--> scroll down a bit to the 'define legalmagazines'

:cool:

HI Deviant,

Good discussion on a related issue in this feature request ticket:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16944

Cheers,

Swedge

Fireball,

Glad to see you are working on this already great mod and our group is really looking forward to .76! One issue we have noticed is that Blufor have been exploiting the game by moving the MHQ into red zones to keep Opfor human players out and ineffective (due to teleporting them out). This is extremely frustrating for the human Opfor players. Server messages and warnings don't work when there are no admins on to police it. Do you think there is a way to provide a better alternative than teleporting Opfor out? I realize we also don't want base camping by Opfor, but given that there are fewer human players as Opfor who are already at a disadvantage, maybe the removal of the teleport isn't such a bad idea entirely?

Some suggestions I have could be a parameter that allows BluFor invincibility when spawning at MHQ for 15 seconds so they can get their bearings and eliminate the camper/s. Another idea is a guard tower/s or static defense/s equiped with AI defender/s always on the lookout for would-be base campers. This way there are always friendly lookouts at the base (more realistic than and empty base).

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

Correct, as Claw says. Just be very careful with the syntax for those weapons etc. One loose comma somewhere and the mission won't load :) Sometimes it's best to add a few weapons and ammo at a time and then test them, rather than all at once.

QUOTE]

Confirmed , but add the magazine class to the common--> defines--> scroll down a bit to the 'define legalmagazines'

:cool:

Hey guys I got a new loadout configured, followed what you had pointed out and did several tests, this loadout I got to work without issues,

I had more then this but then the mission loaded but wouldnt start, soon as i made adjustments it worked.

When you unpbo the mission go to client-->gear-->loadouts

if isWest then {
if !BAF2 then {
	primaries = [
	"M16A2",
	"M16A2GL",
	"M24_des_EP1",
	[b]"M40A3",
	"SVD",
	"m107",[/b]
	"M14_EP1",
	"m240_scoped_EP1",
	[b]"M240",[/b]
	"M249_EP1",
	"M249_TWS_EP1",
	"M249_m145_EP1",
	[b]"MK_48",[/b]
	"M4A1",
	"M4A3_CCO_EP1",
	"M4A3_RCO_GL_EP1",
	"SCAR_L_CQC",
	"SCAR_L_CQC_Holo",
	"SCAR_L_STD_Mk4CQT",
	"SCAR_L_STD_EGLM_RCO",
	"SCAR_L_CQC_EGLM_Holo",
	"SCAR_L_STD_EGLM_TWS",
	"SCAR_L_STD_HOLO",
	"SCAR_H_CQC_CCO",
	"SCAR_H_STD_EGLM_Spect"
	];

secondaries = [
	"M136",
	"Javelin",
	[b]"SMAW",
	"RPG18",
	"RPG7V",[/b]
	"US_Assault_Pack_EP1",
	"US_Assault_Pack_Ammo_EP1",
	"US_Assault_Pack_AmmoSAW_EP1",
	"US_Assault_Pack_Explosives_EP1",
	"US_Patrol_Pack_EP1",
	"US_Patrol_Pack_Ammo_EP1",
	"US_Patrol_Pack_Specops_EP1",
	"US_Backpack_EP1",
	"US_Backpack_AmmoMG_EP1",
	"US_Backpack_AT_EP1",
	"US_Backpack_Specops_EP1",
	"Tripod_Bag",
	"M252_US_Bag_EP1",
	"TOW_TriPod_US_Bag_EP1",
	"MK19_TriPod_US_Bag_EP1",
	"M2HD_mini_TriPod_US_Bag_EP1",
	"M2StaticMG_US_Bag_EP1"
	];

the ones bolded I had added

then in the defines which you need to change for the ammo (magazines for these weapon classes

go to common-->defines-->#define legalMagazines

scroll down to where you see #define legalMagazines, and heres my list:

#define legalMagazines [\
"20Rnd_762x51_DMR",\
[b]"10Rnd_127x99_M107",\[/b]
"10x_303",\
"5Rnd_127x99_as50",\
"5rnd_127x99_as50",\
"200Rnd_556x45_L110A1",\
"5Rnd_86x70_L115A1",\
"100Rnd_762x54_PK",\
"75Rnd_545x39_RPK",\
"10Rnd_762x54_SVD",\
"8Rnd_9x18_Makarov",\
"6Rnd_45ACP",\
"20Rnd_B_765x17_Ball",\
"30Rnd_9x19_UZI",\
[b]"PG7V",\
"PG7VL",\
"PG7VR",\
"OG7",\[/b]
"RPG18",\
"Strela",\
"20Rnd_762x51_FNFAL",\
"30Rnd_545x39_AK",\
"30Rnd_762x39_AK47",\
"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",\
"5Rnd_762x51_M24",\
"100Rnd_762x51_M240",\
"200Rnd_556x45_M249",\
"20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR",\
"20rnd_762x51_B_SCAR",\
"Laserbatteries",\
"Javelin",\
[b]"SMAW_HEAA",\
"SMAW_HEDP",\[/b]
"RPG18",\
"PG7V",\
"PG7VL",\
"PG7VR",\
"Mine",\
"PipeBomb",\
"15Rnd_9x19_M9",\
"7Rnd_45ACP_1911",\
"17Rnd_9x19_glock17",\
"HandGrenade_West",\
"HandGrenade_East",\
"SmokeShell",\
"1Rnd_HE_M203",\
"1Rnd_Smoke_M203",\
"IR_Strobe_Target",\
"IR_Strobe_Marker",\
"SmokeShellRed",\
"SmokeShellGreen",\
"SmokeShellBlue",\
"SmokeShellYellow",\
"SmokeShellOrange",\
"SmokeShellPurple",\
"FlareWhite_M203",\
"FlareYellow_M203",\
"FlareGreen_M203",\
"FlareRed_M203",\
"1Rnd_SmokeRed_M203",\
"1Rnd_SmokeGreen_M203",\
"1Rnd_SmokeYellow_M203",\
"1Rnd_HE_GP25",\
"FlareWhite_GP25",\
"FlareGreen_GP25",\
"FlareRed_GP25",\
"FlareYellow_GP25",\
"1Rnd_Smoke_GP25",\
"1Rnd_SmokeRed_GP25",\
"1Rnd_SmokeGreen_GP25",\
"1Rnd_SmokeYellow_GP25"\
]

ones in bold I added.

I noticed that in the loadout that if you choose the rpg for example and want a certain rocket head a list showsup at the

bottem of availiable ones and you just click on those to add. to replenish your loadout of ammo for rpg type weapons,

just hit save and everything will be restored.

I actually reduced the respawndelay to 1 sec as when you respawn you end up waiting 5 seconds anyways.

then I had adjusted the parameter

};

class playersNeeded {

title="Players needed to clear a Square";

values[]={ 1,2,3 };

texts[]={ "1","2","3" };

default=1;

code = "";

All i did, and missions works with no issues, thanks again guys!

Another question for you guys.

When we kill OPFOr soldiers and they drop the silver briefcases, which we have done, and we see the question mark's and a distance,

where exactly do we look for the ammo caches, we cleared out whole grids by a question mark and havent found anything that looks like an ammo cache.

Are the ammo caches look like actual ammo caches or are the like boxes, I mean what are we looking for, and how far relative to the mark on the map?

G'day mate,

Every ammo cache you find will produce a mapmarker with ? Xm such as ? 250m, ? 50m, ? 400m etc.

Each marker indicates that the cache is within that range of it. So a ? 50m marker means the cache has to be within 50m of that marker. Sometimes you will get down to a bunch of 50m markers and it becomes fairly obvious which building the cache must be in. But when you first start and may have some 500m markers etc, the cache could be anywhere within 500m on any side of that marker.

The ammo caches are green ammo boxes that look like this. They are always in buildings. They may be on the ground floor, 2nd floor, etc or on one of the 'landings/patio's/walkways' whatever you want to call them :) If the building the cache is in has been reduced to rubble by explosives or mortars etc sometimes the cache is actually still there. You can see it if you're lucky and you bump up against the edge of the rocks and are able to see underneath. That's what I did in the screenshot I just linked to. Sometimes people ignore those destroyed buildings when they're searching for the cache.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Swedge

Another question for you guys.

When we kill OPFOr soldiers and they drop the silver briefcases, which we have done, and we see the question mark's and a distance,

where exactly do we look for the ammo caches, we cleared out whole grids by a question mark and havent found anything that looks like an ammo cache.

Are the ammo caches look like actual ammo caches or are the like boxes, I mean what are we looking for, and how far relative to the mark on the map?

I have seen Blufor deliberately use the mobile HQ to create a human Opfor buffer :) And I've been on both the giving and receiving end of that :) I don't see it very often though.

I think if you gave Blufor 15 seconds of invincibility on spawn, Opfor would just hide there waiting for 15 seconds before killing them :) Or Blufor might keep moving the HQ up through blocks, stacking up 15-second invincibility powers to help them clear grids :)

AI defenders is interesting but similar problems. Opfor would just kill them then wait for human Blufor to spawn. Or if they were invincible AI Blufor, human Blufor could do same as above and keep moving the HQ through the city to maintain an Army of invincible Blufor AI :)

One solution might be just to have the HQ static from the beginning. It stays where it is. Condition Blufor to be more tactical and thoughtful about how they approach and travel to their areas of operation. Otherwise you have what you have now which tends to be an endless stream of units just speeding in a direct line from the HQ to the nearest red square. The helicopters tend to be extremely under-utilised as well, and having a fixed HQ might encourage players to make better use of these. Would just be a minute or two of flying to the Area of Operations, good time to compare notes and plan some map-markers and approaches with your teams. Could always add another helo if needed to encourage more of their use.

Another thing Blufor can do is have one or two of their team-members providing overwatch from a distance, while some assault guys move up. That overwatch team is then far enough away from the bad guys to provide a continual respawn option for the team. Players forget that they're all effectively mobile spawn points!

Another option might be to put a timer on how often the mobile HQ can be moved, eg. you can only move it every 3 hours. This time amount could be set via mission parameters at the beginning. [Have just submitted a feature request ticket for this.]

Cheers,

Swedge

Fireball,

Edited by Swedge
Added link to feature request ticket