Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company 1.00 released

Health regen? maybe you are playing on ultra recruit mode

health regen? that's out of character for the arma series.

Less hating is due though. BIS really gives a lot to their community, and DLC is only one part of that.

It seems to me that they are trying new things, that's good and brave. When trying new things mistakes MUST happen or else they wouldn't be new and untried.

Reckon BIS is run by people smart enough to learn from the reactions beyond the over-reacting people. The themes have been recurring in this and the previous PMC thread.

Think BIS is tough enough not to be bullied by the obvious haters, but think they there are lessons they can take away from this to make future DLC better.

health regen? that's out of character for the arma series.

Less hating is due though. BIS really gives a lot to their community, and DLC is only one part of that.

It seems to me that they are trying new things, that's good and brave. When trying new things mistakes MUST happen or else they wouldn't be new and untried.

Reckon BIS is run by people smart enough to learn from the reactions beyond the over-reacting people. The themes have been recurring in this and the previous PMC thread.

Think BIS is tough enough not to be bullied by the obvious haters, but think they there are lessons they can take away from this to make future DLC better.

*looks at the long list of needed improvement that have yet to be made*

I hope you are right, I really do:j:

why not have some cool new effects and mechanics, even if they might not be 100% realistic?

High-cal fire not being able to kill the player isn't anything new or cool and is 0% realistic.

What's so cool about not having to put any effort into the game?

They're only in the campaign anyways

And I criticized only the PMC campaign here.

Personally, I find myself enjoying these more original, less realistic campaigns more these days, like cheesus' Bastard Squad campaign. They're fun and refreshing instead of mundane but realistic, and actually tend to be more innovative.

2006 was the last time BIS released a realistic campaign. It was downhill since then.

The new campaign is about as "refreshing" and "innovative" as CoD/MoH/OFP2 with its heavily railroaded gameplay.

It's simply the guys behind the campaign trying new things

How about them trying good things? Like making something remotely as good as CWC campaign?

You, my friend, are what I like to call - the shit stirrer.

I'm just telling it how it is. Opinions tend to differ.

So BI simply jump the gun this time? I will wait before I hit the buy buttom

There is more then enought thread telling you that Steam version should only use Steam to buy

thats mean that I cant play the campaign from PMC Lite from Steam? they dindt say that...

Anyway... Im downloading the Full PMC from Steam now, a Gift from a friend :yay:

thats mean that I cant play the campaign from PMC Lite from Steam? they dindt say that...

Anyway... Im downloading the Full PMC from Steam now, a Gift from a friend :yay:

Please let us know how it works out. My friend has PMC downloaded, but it keeps saying "this game is unavailable" when he starts it.

Steam PMC needs to be fixed, it is throwing errors around for most people at least, not sure if its everyone or not though.

Please let us know how it works out. My friend has PMC downloaded, but it keeps saying "this game is unavailable" when he starts it.

Same here. Downloaded, but won't run.

Like most people think, PMC is weak compared to BAF. Just wish the proving ground map was a full 25x25 job with towns and stuff. Would of been happy then

1 New gun. 2 New aircrafts. And a map that makes the BAF map lock epic, if you seriously are not going to put anything on it you can at least make it 2x2km.

Not worth my money. Sorry.

Edited by Angle

If it's the same issue as with BAF on Steam try restarting the Steam client over 9,000 times. Then it will work.

Basically what I can see from it so far is that it's installer isn't even working, it's basically not installing the content to the proper folder.

The second mission is AWESOME!

Is that the one where I kept dying or the one where I kept getting killed? I forget.

nowhere near as good as i expected, i played the campaign and it was ok, some of the missions were done good but it felt like a cod game... and that is crap so BIS next time you make a DLC, make it worth the money or i'm not buying

Same here :s, I was playing the campaign Lite.... NOW IM MAD!!! :mad:

not really mad .. but... MAD!! :p Fing Steam :mad:

Edited by SpetS15

So we don't get SP scenarios this time ?

Or am I missing something :confused:

So we don't get SP scenarios this time ?

Or am I missing something :confused:

unfortunately, no your not missing anything... :(

The whole campaign is in the free patch? Really? Makes me wonder... was that intentional? :p I didn't buy the DLC yet and can't even test the patch but this is really weird. It's really cool that BIS gave the community some free stuff again, but yes, I guess I would feel a little cheated by this... those lite versions were meant to be just a little something to keep some community members from screaming "DLC breakz da gamezz!", this porpose has been lost somehow. What is stopping people from adding some replacement pack of those lite models with some community made ones?

The whole campaign is in the free patch? Really? Makes me wonder... was that intentional? :p I didn't buy the DLC yet and can't even test the patch but this is really weird. It's really cool that BIS gave the community some free stuff again, but yes, I guess I would feel a little cheated by this... those lite versions were meant to be just a little something to keep some community members from screaming "DLC breakz da gamezz!", this porpose has been lost somehow. What is stopping people from adding some replacement pack of those lite models with some community made ones?

This

I'm actually wondering if there has been a big balls up here. There's people complaining that the campaign isn't included in the Steam patch... Is this actually the case?

The whole campaign is in the free patch? Really?Makes me wonder... was that intentional?

It definitely was, judging by the blurry loading screenshots/videos they included for it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Hamm