Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company 1.00 released

So, Steam finally finished all its updates and I got to try PMC Lite. I was thinking of maybe justifying a purchase if the units were cool and to support BIS of course. But...it seems many of the character models have fixed faces, wtf is that all about? It makes sense for special units for the campaign sure, but on the rest of them - not so much. Very disheartening :icon_neutral:

Recently downloaded Arma2 Private Military Company gives me the following message on steam:

"This game is currently unavailable.

Please try again at a later time"

What gives?

Recently downloaded Arma2 Private Military Company gives me the following message on steam:

"This game is currently unavailable.

Please try again at a later time"

What gives?

That happens with Steam. Sometimes it helps if you restart the computer.

Known issue with Steam. They are aware of the issue and working on a fix, per BIS.

My PMC on Steam isn't working at all, it looks like it's not installing it correctly. I look in my ArmA2 Launcher and it's listed as dlcsetup/pmc/pmc_data. Aagghh, I want to play this now! :mad:

this is correct and has nothing todo with the PMC not available ...

Valve was notified so please wait ...

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

i missed half of the story because of the horrible stuttering in the scenes. so much for that awesome in-game playback feature huh?

got installed any special codecs, video filters (ffdshow for example) enabled postprocessing (codec filter, gpu drivers etc) or any overlay ?

we need more details about running or used software in this case

I rarely post outside of the Editing forum... but felt compelled to give my feedback on PMC. It must be said, though, as much as I'm a supporter of BIS, I'm a little disappointed this time around.

As many others, I have tedious stuttering in the in-game videos (and no, nothing more than your 'normal' set of codecs... no virus/security software running, etc.); there are no new MP or SP scenarios (other than the armoury); the campaign has proved a bug-fest (e.g. I spent about 30 minutes running all over Zargabad, looking for a single AI who was stuck on/in a wall, that I had to kill to move on); the map is nothing worth writing home about; my frame-rate has plummeted (with the patch or DLC, who knows); and I just generally feel like far less effort went into it than BAF (with which I was thoroughly impressed). :(

I'm not here to deride BIS, far from it, but regardless of my level of support (which has been high, and over years), I won't be touching the next DLC unless it returns to BAF-quality.

Hi all, i have a question? i cant buy PMC on steam why? i bought ARMA II and ARMA II AO just in box version on shop, fact that i cant fill any serial number on steam is normal for me. Steam just dont know it, even if i filled it ten times before. BAF i have it downloaded because my friend buy me like a gift on steam. But if i want buy PMC trough steam, i cant because it tell me that i dont have installed ARMA II ...but i have installed all, ARMA II +ARMA II AO +BAF....so what now?

When BAF was release all we had was negative reactions. About the price, the content, that all in the DLC was already available with mods etc. Now all are saying PMC is awful and BAF is the way to go

SOMEBODY GIVE THIS USER A MEDAL. Seriously, he made a good point. Kudos to you, my good sir. :cool:

Dwarden : only the SP missions and campaigns aren't available for these who don't have the DLC!

Reading this in another thread, I'd love to have an official answer as to whether the campaign being included entirely in the 1.56 was a mistake, or made on purpose, and if so why it's been removed from the steam version (apparently) and what's the reason behind that.

Reading this in another thread, I'd love to have an official answer as to whether the campaign being included entirely in the 1.56 was a mistake, or made on purpose, and if so why it's been removed from the steam version (apparently) and what's the reason behind that.

SP Missions? There are no SP missions in PMC. No showcase, no SP missions, no ammobox...

The campaign was quite definitely included with the DVD 1.56 patch. My guess is accidentally. :butbut:

Are there supposed to be SP missions as part of PMC?

sometimes no answer is better than any other possible answer

so please enjoy the PMC-Full and have fun ...

and don't worry there will be future patches for A2: OA and all DLCs

7Cav here Sir

First off Arma2 is an excellent game-non compare.

I got this error:

script_ca\modules_pmc\functions\campaign\fn_initIdentity.sqf not found

When I tried to start up ACE server to test AAS maps. it loads the maps the goes back to play lobby, is it a patch problem or a steam issue?

I recieved PMC this morning thru the Cav membership and of course I have steam and after downloading it states not available try again later.

So I will :) once again Arma2 is by far the best out there, I have a few problems running it but I blame that on my CPU not the developers! 1600Hrs in game, 3FPS at times but I wont play anything else HUAH!

=7Cav=1LT.SpectreX

Edited by SpectreX

7Cav here Sir

First off Arma2 is an excellent game-non compare.

I got this error:

script_ca\modules_pmc\functions\campaign\fn_initIdentity.sqf not found

When I tried to start up ACE server to test AAS maps.

I recieved PMC this morning thru the Cav membership and of course I have steam and after downloading it states not available try again later.

So I will :) once again Arma2 is by far the best out there, I have a few problems running it but I blame that on my CPU not the developers! 1600Hrs in game, 3FPS at times but I wont play anything else HUAH!

=7Cav=1LT.SpectreX

update your @CBA mod

ask sickboy about the fix

sometimes no answer is better than any other possible answer

so please enjoy the PMC-Full and have fun ...

and don't worry there will be future patches for A2: OA and all DLCs

Can you say whether there will be future DLC's? Despite having expressed my disappointment with PMC, I am still hoping you continue with the DLC's since I really *do* like getting new stuff for my favorite game, and I am willing to pay for it ;)

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I read through the thread and couldn't find anything that looked exactly like my problem. I have Arma II, OA and BAF all from Steam and downloaded the 1.56 patch. PMC Lite appears in the list of expansions in the game menu and I can access the Proving Grounds and new units and stuff in the editor. However, I can't access the campaign and there is no modfolder for PMC in the OA root folder or the DLCSetup folder (this only contains my BAF folder). All the PMC addon files are in the Common folder. It makes no difference if I choose to launch combined ops or OA standalone.

Has the patch installed incorrectly? Or have I missed something obvious? Is there a way to fix it that doesn't involve 10Gb of downloads? :butbut:

Grateful for any help from you good people! Wanted a go at the campaign while I persuade my wife to let me buy the full DLC ;)

In the interest of balance, I absolutely frickin' love this game even though my poor, senile PC can hardly run it - colour me a BIS fanboi :D

Edited by ade74
Missed out something I wanted to say...

That's part of the steam problem. One solution that's worked for some people is this:

If you have DLCSetup folder with BAF and PMC inside it copy datacachepreprocessor.exe from the BAF folder and paste it into PMC folder, then execute it.

Wow, fast reply... I do like this community...

I don't have a PMC folder inside the DLCSetup folder - will this work if I just create an empty one with the right name?

Thanks anyway Dwarden.

I'll envoy PMC Full for what it is, a nice campaign, regardless of the possible implications of what just happened (or not ?) regarding the PMC Lite.

Let's just hope the next DLC will have more bang for the buck for the paid customer. I'll probably buy it anyway to support the game, but I just won't pre-order antyhing... you know, just in case something similar happens (or not ?). ;)

Can you say whether there will be future DLC's? Despite having expressed my disappointment with PMC, I am still hoping you continue with the DLC's since I really *do* like getting new stuff for my favorite game, and I am willing to pay for it ;)

again each answer i pick will not be the right one :cool: so wait and see :D

Hmmm.... Dwarden being cryptic and :D'ing a lot.....???

Think I'll wait and see... ;)

B

OFFTOPIC: I am conversing with a soldier named Michael Moore. :P

Ontopic: I am enjoying the DLC a great deal, mostly the Ka-60. Keep up the great work.

Edited by OnlyRazor

Coming Feb 2011 - PMC Overloaded!

Featuring:

Two New Maps!

- A geospecific 500m x 500m Kandahar Valley map.

- Fair Oaks Mall Parking Lot Map

New weapons!

- The AR-15 and Mac10! Also a gold plated M16A2.

New ammo options!

- Taped together AK-47 magazines and a special one shot AT4 tube.

New campaign!

- After leaving ION our intrepid hero gets a job as a mall cop during the holiday season! Help sickly patrons and scare away rowdy teenagers in a new gripping tale covering 17 missions, "Operation Red Nose".

New vehicles!

- The Ford Explorer, ride around the parking lot in this new multipassenger vehicle with working yellow flashing strobe lights and an extra loud horn.

- Iraqi Decoy T-72, this new static item will put fear into your enemies as they think you have more tanks than you really do.

Most of the time I think being a BI developper must something awesome but I'm wondering what on earth Dwarden has done to diserve such a punition : dealing with the customers on the forum.

He probably crashed into Maruk's car, destroyed the coffee machine or integrated a DLC's campaign into a patch. Who knows ?

:D