Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company 1.00 released

The campaign definitely ISN'T included in the Steam version of the patch...

main menu says v 1.56.76134

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Same here :s, I was playing the campaign Lite.... NOW IM MAD!!! :mad:

not really mad .. but... MAD!! :p Fing Steam :mad:

God same here. Bloodly steam. And a setup.crc file!? JEEZ. That must be part of the problem!

The campaign definitely ISN'T included in the Steam version of the patch...

B

Well, there's a problem there then. Either they ballsed up making the steam patch or they never meant to include the campaign in the DVD one.

I would prefer to believe the second of these two options but without any comment from BIS management on the issue it's hard to figure out which is the answer. You're entitled to a few major fuckups every so often.

There is a third option of course, BIS have chosen to punish Steamers for their use of Satan's bloatware.

I've also noticed that the bushes and clutter and ground textures on "Proving Ground" in the Steam PMC Lite seem awful blurry and lo-res... No matter how close I get or how high I turn the settings they don't get any better...

Trees and buildings are OK... I thought maybe the patch had screwed something up but all other islands are fine with exactly the same settings... it's almost like its a "Proving Ground Lite"...

blurry.jpg

Maybe it's just me... Anyone else with Steam Update looked at the Proving Ground... ground...:rolleyes:

B

Hello there.

I'd like to know something completly different: is it possible to get a replacement config working or does the vanilla one overwrite them? I know why BI gave those guys the xm8, but personaly I don't like that ugly gun.

Bugger...

I'll be buying the DLC - when steam fix it... but I was kinda hoping the terrain objects would be full res and openly included in the patch... a few more objects for island makers to work with...

Never mind... my thistle's better anyway... ;)

B

...they never meant to include the campaign in the DVD one.

They probably didn't make a low res version of every campaign texture asset (including cutscenes) by accident. :)

Hello there.

I'd like to know something completly different: is it possible to get a replacement config working or does the vanilla one overwrite them? I know why BI gave those guys the xm8, but personaly I don't like that ugly gun.

I've gone from liking the xm8 and finding it a useful gun in RH's packs with the CQB sight, to loathing it with a passion and dropping it for any discarded AK.

I'd forgotten how truly horrible those optics were in vanilla A2. Just enough zoom to mean that it's stutter-city when you inevitably end up zooming in and out all the time. The addition of back-up sights was what made the SUSATs and ACOGs of BAF so enjoyable.

Want to balance with something positive, so 'Sputniks' are awesome, new helo is pretty fine and buckshot rounds have been wanted for a long time. The new thermal sight also seems more enjoyable to use than some of the older ones, but I can't put my finger on why... .

BAF 8€ ok

pmc 8€ to small ;)

can wait. .........

the new landscape is finde - maby to small :(

hate it when i look on all points from a wunderfull looking land to the here is nothing area.

red dots the same miss design in all arma series.

a aimpont is designet for shooting with two eys open. you have the complete

visual field.

BIS aimpoints only a better / worse normal optic

Edited by JgBtl292

I cant get steam version running, it keeps saying "Game is not available at the moment please try again later"

Any ideas?

Hi, could somebody help me with 3rd mission ?

What should I do with CIVILIANS ?

Smoke 'em!

Very nice update with video for intros/outros and cutscenes. Being able to take ARMA in-game footage and process it through After Effects for example should give very cool scenes. Also being able to now hsow small videos inside the game while playing should be useful as well. I like these updates a lot.

Smoke 'em!

agh! I made some shots in the air, they run away, but nothing happen bleh! thanks for the tip

agh! I made some shots in the air, they run away, but nothing happen bleh! thanks for the tip

Yes...same result here :confused:

BAF 8€ ok

pmc 8€ to small ;)

Or maybe BAF was too big for that price? I see that 4 maps for Civilization V are now selling at Steam for 8€. Compared to DLC:s for other games, PMC gives great value for the money.

I hope there will be more DLC:s in the future.

Edited by Johan S

Im forever leaving things in the car........

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Health regen? I wish! My muzzle is all over the place and there's not a medic in sight.

same with me, ive not experienced health regen, but invicible AI squadmates is a bit poo.

I Wonder if someone can clear this up for me. I downloaded PMC last night without thinking much about it (Since its BI, im not one of these zombie COD buyers, its just ive never had a problem). However im now hearing things like the campain and etc are free?? what have i paid for? help!

Well, I personally woukld like BIS to make a real addon to the game like OA was then those little DLCs. And you know what BIS? You can sell it even for full price, I´m gonna buy it as long as I can get it on DVD

+1!!

I honestly allready regrett that I spent the money on that DLC stuff, as I said earlier: I like the stuff presented there, british forces and pmcs is something fresh. But, not having a disc makes me feel, well...naked in a sense (and yes I am aware of the fact that it is called "downloadable content" ;) )

BUT there's one thing that really really annoys me: the locked pbos. I allways found that the ability to costumize missions, loadouts and whatnot was Armas biggest plus, and with that now gone.... well the game is becoming just another ordinary shooter :(

Edited by FLv*VeNoM*

Yeah I think that too, the PBOs shouldn´t be locked, Please BIS promise that you will unlock the PBOs some day.....

The addition of back-up sights was what made the SUSATs and ACOGs of BAF so enjoyable.

Heck missed that on BAF how does one access the battle sights?

PMC for me was fairly poor. £8 isn't going to break the bank but it's an awful lot less DLC than the BAF was for the same money.

I think a few players will now be keeping a closer eye on DLC releases from BIS in future.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

+1!!

I honestly allready regrett that I spent the money on that DLC stuff, as I said earlier: I like the stuff presented there, british forces and pmcs is something fresh. But, not having a disc makes me feel, well...naked in a sense (and yes I am aware of the fact that it is called "downloadable content" ;) )

BUT there's one thing that really really annoys me: the locked pbos. I allways found that the ability to costumize missions, loadouts and whatnot was Armas biggest plus, and with that now gone.... well the game is becoming just another ordinary shooter :(

Stops piracy especially when people who haven't paid for DLC would start getting stuff for free from the MOD community (where others have paid for it).

So a silly request!

Well therefore it would be cool if they would ulock them somewhere in the future, maybe half a year after Release...

Guys - am fine with PMC dlc - on consoles are alot worse dlc's and much higher price than 8€

I loving the Ka-60 - atm doing a sounds for it :inlove: