Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company 1.00 released

we really cant bitch that we dont get free stuff now, eh? ;)

the campaign is good, right?

we really cant bitch that we dont get free stuff now, eh? ;)

the campaign is good, right?

Free :o

I got anally raped paying €8.99 for a dlc pack with that same "free" content. My arse is sore.

Not happy BIS :mad: This Dlc is a blatent rip-off, its got no content. I want My money back

Free :o

I got anally raped paying €8.99 for a dlc pack with that same "free" content. My arse is sore.

Not happy BIS :mad: This Dlc is a blatent rip-off, its got no content. I want My money back

Seriously, what is with all the bitching for what accounts for less than 10 bucks? What do you spend that much money on in a day? Lunch, if you're cheap? I'd hardly call that being anally raped. If it is that much money to you, maybe you shouldn't be pissing it away on video games in the first place.

Some people need some perspective.

Seriously, what is with all the bitching for what accounts for less than 10 bucks? What do you spend that much money on in a day? Lunch, if you're cheap? I'd hardly call that being anally raped. If it is that much money to you, maybe you shouldn't be pissing it away on video games in the first place.

Some people need some perspective.

I bought it more than once, I bought it for my son and for my brother and even told them how great it was going to be

Edited by PogMoThoin

Well this is a bit of a kick in the crotch. I bought the game yesterday night, got home this afternoon, left it on download, the download froze, cancelled it, then started again (luckily at the same percentage).

I then load up the game, click on 'Campaigns', go on Operation Black Gauntlet and am greeted with a black screen and this message:

Resource title RscMissionScreen not found

I reluctantly click 'ok' and I'm left with the black screen. I try and click escape then 'skip' but it just loads the same black screen again with the same message.

I can't say I'm impressed BIS... :(

Did anyone have trouble with the direct download? My download finished but there is no sign of the file anywhere.

The DLC is ok, it's not great.

Finished the story and again it was ok nothing great, although there are some nice touches. Reciving ingame video on your iphone. using iphone for gps display.

The new chopper is nice, the new map is too small but then its quite cool cause it's all new models, something vastly different from other maps.

I'm annoyed they didnt add a PMC ammobox to the editor though, cause although you can add magazines to a box it would be handy for people like me that just want a quick and easy ammobox with the aa12 ammo types in it.

Currently there is no way to get aa12 ammo other than adding

"20Rnd_B_AA12_Pellets"

"20Rnd_B_AA12_74Slug"

"20Rnd_B_AA12_HE"

to an existing box.

If they included two person co-op for the campaign they almost had to release it free just because people would complain about inability to play online with those who haven't bought the DLC

Not really. If they made it so only those that bought the thing could host the co-op missions then it would be absolutely fine and they wouldn't have had to give out paid content for free.

I'm really disappointed about this DLC:

- Why is the campaign part of the update 1.56? I am not mad because someone get it for free, but BIS should have mentioned it before.

- "Proving Grounds" is very small. In my opinion it's a very simple and ugly map with a repetitive using of the same dead tree.

- Cutscene videos are stuttering.

- Explosions in the first missions were injuring me behind walls and in buildings.

- Campaign is boring me.

- Performance is bad.

- Bad voice acting.

Personally I don't like the business model of DLC with costs. For BIS I made an exception and preordered BAF and PMC. With the actual DLC I feel cheated.

BAF was much better. I too also feel rather disappointed with this DLC. It seems to me that the centerpiece was the campaign and then its distributed for free without being mentioned beforehand. Not good practice BIS, my faith in you has unfortunately been left with a large dent in it.

this DLC is a ripoffs, the entire campaign is in fact totally free.

The new map is terrible (2 road, 10 tree and 3 houses.)

I'm quite sure it will be impossible to obtain a refund now(I don't install or activate my dlc yet, only the 1.56 patch).

Stay away from pmc dlc guys.

well, with all these negative reviews. i think i should stop my download that's going to take two hours, download the patch that won't take nearly as long. and play.

- Why is the campaign part of the update 1.56? I am not mad because someone get it for free, but BIS should have mentioned it before.

I agree, this was cheap on their part.

- "Proving Grounds" is very small. In my opinion it's a very simple and ugly map with a repetitive using of the same dead tree.

It's really small and not very practical, but it's also very pretty and shows a different type of landscape. Now we turn to modders to actually take this and make something out of it.

- Cutscene videos are stuttering.

Probably a problem with your codec, had nothing of the sort here.

- Campaign is boring me.

Wait till you get to the transportation mission ;)

- Bad voice acting.

It's actually quite good so far!

Personally I don't like the business model of DLC with costs. For BIS I made an exception and preordered BAF and PMC. With the actual DLC I feel cheated.

I have nothing against DLC, but releasing the campaign for free out of the blue is cheap.

Did anyone have trouble with the direct download? My download finished but there is no sign of the file anywhere.

Look in My Documents/Sprocket.

Looking forward to trying out PMC tonight. Little perplexed why everyone gets the campaign? But it's not a big deal, really.

Hope for the next DLC BIS might look at what the community wants a bit, might sell even more!

Cheers bis

Whats with people whining about the campaign being in the patch. You do know that the low quality version is VERY ugly and the sounds in it make your ears bleed?

you know, maybe we all should have contacted wikileaks so they could leak information to us about the pmc stuff.

Not happy at all about the campaign being in the patch.

That was the reason I forked out for the pre order bundle - feeling a bit ripped off now... :(

Any way to fix the stuttering cutscenes? They are completely unwatchable for me. I don't want to play the campaign without seeing those.

I'd like to say something positive about this.......

but I can't.

I'd like to say something positive about this.......

but I can't.

See it like this.. with BAF BIS was very generous, with PMC.. they expect you to be generous this time :D .

While BAF was great, this is really poor. Surely i'll not preorder the next one, if I even buy it

Campaign is great, but you can have for free.

The map is a shame actually, even desert is more interesting

I've feel scammed :(

Whats with people whining about the campaign being in the patch. You do know that the low quality version is VERY ugly and the sounds in it make your ears bleed?

Because the lite version isn't ugly, and the sounds in it don't make your ears bleed? Play it before you post, the sound is the same as full and the only low-res textures you see are on your friendly units most of the time.

Wow people are pissed because BIS decided to give out low quality models, like they did with BAF. (I played with them, shortly after got sick of them and bought BAF.) I can see why you may be upset over the campaign being given out for free, yet this is Arma. Expansions really are about the content. I don't give the campaigns a second playthrough even. The content however, is used over and over. Those low tex models make me sick and I'm willing to pay 10 bucks for it. I'm also pumped that my friends that haven't got it yet can still game with me on my custom missions, online, etc.

Everything ALWAYS gets blamed on BIS. I mean I guarantee you some of these problems are hardware related... Yet noone gives a ****. Its never a polished game, but its always fun for me.

I'm just happy this game is still alive.

I think the campaign have been great so far (currently in sixth mission). And with the some new addons and fun AA12, the 9euros is a quite good deal. I waited for much bigger map, after seeing that summer chernarus pic with czech units and new truck, but its still a good looking map with nice heightmap.