Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

Maybe a silly question, but the shortcut it created is only PMC. If I'd like to add BAF to it, should I use an @ like any other mod, or is BAF simply enough (like in the respective BAF and PMC shortcuts)?

You load it like any other mod, with the exact name of the respective folder in the A2 directory. The @ only came into existence to better differentiate original BIS content from user made ones AFAIK. By default, the BAF DLC is installed into "BAF" so that's what you use to load it.

But yeah, I feel a bit misled since the BAF campaign wasn't included for free and this dlc's campaign was free (lower quality I guess but still).

Especially since the campaign was basically the reason to get the DLC.

There wasn't many features in this DLC to start with, and the ones that are there I keep reading worse and worse things about, so yeah, everyone getting the campaign I paid for, yes it makes me feel cheated.

A bit surprised to hear the campaign was included in the patch, kinda bought the DLC coz I wanted High res skins, models AND the campaign. Wont say i feel cheated but still... owell I glady support you lads coz this game has ruined my social life so wtf...

Played a bit on the campaign now and so far its fun, voice acting is as always terrible and makes me laugh. Varied and fun thumbs up to that :yay:

Maybe a silly question, but the shortcut it created is only PMC. If I'd like to add BAF to it, should I use an @ like any other mod, or is BAF simply enough (like in the respective BAF and PMC shortcuts)?

Ok, my question still stands so if anyone has an answer...?

Edit: thx KillaALF

But I didn't really realise people are again whining about the DLC and it's Lite-version...:confused:

I understand this is a forum and everybody's free to express his opinions, but is $10 really worth it to have a whole thread dedicated to whining about that amount of money? Really, what can you get for $10? Ever seen a movie in the theater you didn't like..? Then maybe you should go for less quality and download it (illegally!!)and watch it on yer laptop with MP3 headphones! Not exactly the same but then again...you didn't spend $10....

Edited by Antigoon

A bit surprised to hear the campaign was included in the patch, kinda bought the DLC coz I wanted High res skins, models AND the campaign. Wont say i feel cheated but still... owell I glady support you lads coz this game has ruined my social life so wtf...

Basically that's pretty much where I'm coming from, hell if BIS put a request for donations up on the forum saying they really really needed the community to give them money to continue developing games I'd probably do it.

And if you don't feel cheated, that's fine, it just means you're too much of a fan of BIS to actually mind.

Sure I'm a fan of this series and also BIS way of providing after sales support so I have no issues supporting them and hopefully make future improvements/patches/versions a possibility. I will end this argument by saying:

I'm not a wealthy guy but if I put the cost in perspective (i.e cost divided by hours spent in the Armaverse over the years) the price I payed for A2+OA+2 DLC's becomes cheap leisure time compared to what other things/activites costs.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Have u defragged ur ARMA2 directory since u installed it and patch?

Gamebooster does it for me

It's way better, thanks a lot :)

I understand this is a forum and everybody's free to express his opinions, but is $10 really worth it to have a whole thread dedicated to whining about that amount of money? Really, what can you get for $10? Ever seen a movie in the theater you didn't like..? Then maybe you should go for less quality and download it (illegally!!)and watch it on yer laptop with MP3 headphones! Not exactly the same but then again...you didn't spend $10....

Nobody is whining about the money/asking for their money back, try reading the thread. :)

What this means for me is that I'll never preorder BIS content again. I'm fine with the quality of the campaign in lite but right now I feel like I paid $10 for hi-res Ka-60, aa12 and xm8 textures.

I actually felt that 8 euros for KA-60, XM8 textures (and a few new versions) and amored SUV along with the units was worth it.

I did feel that the M8's where a small step forward compared to the XM8's from ArmA2, new textures and a slight model facelift (3 new models though, TIS sight and laser, Eotech compact, And one with laser and a frontgrip that's only for show).

But at the end of the line, I am happy to support BIS even though this DLC might not have the same "content"/cost ratio as BAF. I still think it was worth getting.

i guess they did this to since the campaign is suppose to be 2 player coop. they arent going to force people to buy it to play with thier friends. that should be considered a good thing, no?

granted, from what i see, the "bang per buck" in PMC is less than BAF

I actually felt that 8 euros for KA-60, XM8 textures (and a few new versions) and amored SUV along with the units was worth it.

I did feel that the M8's where a small step forward compared to the XM8's from ArmA2, new textures and a slight model facelift (3 new models though, TIS sight and laser, Eotech compact, And one with laser and a frontgrip that's only for show).

But at the end of the line, I am happy to support BIS even though this DLC might not have the same "content"/cost ratio as BAF. I still think it was worth getting.

You didn't pay for that content though, it's all included for free in 1.56 along with the PMC campaign which is the whole point of our complaints.

It's way better, thanks a lot :)

Glad to help

Always works for me:)

I had a go at the first mission in PMC lite... well it's not pretty but perfectly playable the way it is. You get crappy youtube-like videos and sound, but that's enough.

I kinda feel cheated too. I only bought it for the campaign because the new map is a joke and the new units were kind of disappointing (except for the Ka60), just to realize everyone's getting it anyway.

PMC and BAF Lite were great idea for MP, but what's left for the paying folks like us?

If it had been announced before, I would have probably paid for it anyway just to support the cause. But now I feel tricked and I know I won't buy the next one in advance.

I'll just wait to see what's coming for free, what's included and what's not and do the math later.

You didn't pay for that content though, it's all included for free in 1.56 along with the PMC campaign which is the whole point of our complaints.

Well, I probably won't touch the campaign at all anyways. Haven't played a campaign in ofp/arma/arma2 since OFP Resistance. I play exclusively custom coop missions. So the campaign being included for free never even crossed my mind.

Nobody is whining about the money/asking for their money back, try reading the thread. :)

My apologies , sir.

Sure I'm a fan of this series and also BIS way of providing after sales support so I have no issues supporting them and hopefully make future improvements/patches/versions a possibility. I will end this argument by saying:

I'm not a wealthy guy but if I put the cost in perspective (i.e cost divided by hours spent in the Armaverse over the years) the price I payed for A2+OA+2 DLC's becomes cheap leisure time compared to what other things/activites costs.

/KC

x2

Amazing to read the complaints here.

So when exactly was this going to be available on steam again?

-k

"Wha'?! Nae chally tank? Get tae f***, b**bag, E'll f***in' chib ya n'aw."

Bohemia have done their research extremely well! :bounce3:

Not a massive fan of the PMC theme but i'm definitely going to purchase this DLC to support Bohemia and to have a crack at the campaign once i've finished off the BAF one.

Damn, Game Booster has changed. It used to be quite ineffective. And I know the micro freezes that other guy was talking about. Kinda annoying, so I defragged them as well.

Edited by OnlyRazor

So can you combine the sprokect version with the steam version of the game?

Haven't played a campaign in ofp/arma/arma2 since OFP Resistance. I play exclusively custom coop missions. So the campaign being included for free never even crossed my mind.

The only campaign I ever finished in OFP, Arma, or Arma 2 was Eagle Wing. I have finished maybe 15 SP missions in whole series as well. I start a lot of stuff but never finish. It's not from lack of quality by any means though. I am simply here for the editor.

I actually have OFP and Arma installed in anticipation of someday finishing all the campaigns... if I ever get bored of the editor. :rolleyes:

So no, of course the free campaign doesn't bother me. I have no problems with what I got for $10. But if others feel cheated that's their opinion and I respect that. Maybe it should have been public info the campaign was included in lite...

So can you combine the sprokect version with the steam version of the game?

No, No, No :)

is it clear?

No, No, No :)

is it clear?

Ok, im just wondering why some people on the steam forum are telling people to download it from sprocket O_o

Damn, Game Booster has changed. It used to be quite ineffective. And I know the micro freezes that other guy was talking about. Kinda annoying, so I defragged them as well.

The ARMA2 directory is so large that any new major patch or addon will leave fragmented files that ur harddrive has to move around more to find.

I even defrag after a beta or new community addon. Always helps and only takes a short time.

I don't even use the gaming mode, all i do is defrag with it lol

my only problem is a picky one :P the XM8 could have come in a few more versions and combos

other then that

its all good