Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

its probably the 1st mission or two. a teaser those crafty devils

Doesn't seem that way.

Campaign is very thrillerish. Much more at the tempo of Eagle Wing than most of the other Bis-campaigns so far. Reminds me of EW and the scenarios from Baf more than anything.

I'll probably end up forking out for it. It looks fun and it would be a shame to have a watered down experience of it.

its probably the 1st mission or two. a teaser those crafty devils

Doing the campaign cheat shows it contains many missions, but I don't know if it's all of them. Didn't check if you can play each one either.

But it is definitely in excruciatingly low quality.

Me too.

I don't

I wouldn't play it with bad textures and sound for the life of me.

I'de rather pay the BigMac meal price for it

I don't

I wouldn't play it with bad textures for the life of me.

The textures never matter that much since it's you and 2 other guys with low textures while the rest of the game is fine...

Even on the XM8s, you don't notice bad textures unless you look at the scope. The one thing you'll notice is that the intramission loading screens are blurry, and so are "cutscenes".

I just feel cheated because I preordered it thinking I was paying for the campaign.

I don't

I wouldn't play it with bad textures for the life of me.

Whether you would or wouldn't isn't the issue. The DLC was advertised as containing the units, campaign and map and that there would be a "lite" version included in the patch for mp compatibility. Now it seems that BIS have provided content for free when the implication was that it would only be available to those that paid for it.

Meh, I don't really care, since I already bought it, and besides, I like having un-blurred cutscenes and stuff. :yay:

The textures never matter that much since it's you and 2 other guys with low textures while the rest of the game is fine...

Even on the XM8s, you don't notice bad textures unless you look at the scope. The one thing you'll notice is that the intramission loading screens are blurry, and so are "cutscenes".

I just feel cheated because I preordered it thinking I was paying for the campaign.

The campaign is completly included in the lite version. Just checked the .pbo content.

btw have you noticed little bug on pmc characters pic?

arma2_characters_pmc_main.jpg

and where is this guy on pic? pmc_characters_head_tanny.jpg :p

Obviously the second from the left, but clean-shaven. :D

to be sure i understand the videocapture thing right...

1. you capture ingame with fraps

2. convert the file to ogv format

3. now you can play the video ingame

i pasted this in a description.ext,

class MyVideoExample {

/* ... same as the picture example, with addition of */

text = "myVideo.ogv";

autoplay = 1;

loops = 10;

};

how do i call the video?!

Obviously the second from the left, but clean-shaven. :D

ALso the asian guy has no mic on his headphones

they are the same type as 2nd guy from the left side

Now it seems that BIS have provided content for free when the implication was that it would only be available to those that paid for it.

Sorry but are you guys complaining about "feeling cheated" for real!?

/KC

The law is the law. Misleading advertising is misleading etc.

PMC Lite may never have been stated to include a lower-quality version of the campaign, but was it ever stated it wouldn't include it?

I'm wondering if it was a gift from Gaia, and the other guys behind the campaign, to the community. Sort of like Eagle Wing.

Come on mate, no offense but isn't that to overreact a bit considering the price is ~8 EUR!?

/KC

Sorry but are you guys complaining about "feeling cheated" for real!?

/KC

Yes? If you pay $10 for something then it turns out it's free, wouldn't you feel cheated?

Yes? If you pay $10 for something then it turns out it's free, wouldn't you feel cheated?

I payed just like you and do not feel cheated even if it's turns out that the campaign (in low res and low qty sound, mind you!) is included for free in the patch for thoose that don't opt to buy PMC.

But of course you are free to feel whatever you want...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Maybe a silly question, but the shortcut it created is only PMC. If I'd like to add BAF to it, should I use an @ like any other mod, or is BAF simply enough (like in the respective BAF and PMC shortcuts)?

I payed just like you and do not feel cheated even if it's turns out that the campaign (in low res and low qty sound, mind you!) is included for free in the patch for thoose that don't opt to buy PMC!

/KC

The sound isn't low quality in the campaign, and the only "low-res" you see is your two-three teammates.

And if you don't feel cheated, that's fine, it just means you're too much of a fan of BIS to actually mind.

What this means for me is that I'll never preorder BIS content again. I'm fine with the quality of the campaign in lite but right now I feel like I paid $10 for hi-res Ka-60, aa12 and xm8 textures.

PMC Lite may never have been stated to include a lower-quality version of the campaign, but was it ever stated it wouldn't include it?

True but then surely the campaign has to be the same quality as the paid for version or it just wouldn't work. It's not like you can produce a "lite" version of scripting.

As I said, it's all about what was implied. You don't sell a car to someone and say "oh by the way this doesn't include the optional extras you haven't paid for" do you?

So anyone having issues downloading from Sprocket? I'm from the US and the US mirror is netting me about 2-5kb/sec. I can't connect to the EU mirror and the CZ mirror is getting me the best speeds at 15kb/sec...

But yeah, I feel a bit misled since the BAF campaign wasn't included for free and this dlc's campaign was free (lower quality I guess but still).

But yeah, I feel a bit misled since the BAF campaign wasn't included for free and this dlc's campaign was free (lower quality I guess but still).

Yeah me too, 9€ for some addons and a campaign seems worth it, 9€ for a small texture and audiopack is very steep.