Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

He probably means improvements to the CQB

ya ya....... that's what i mean lol....... sorry i'm a MW2 BC2 kinda guy so plz go easy on me lol...

I was never successful in creating a CQB mission. Also I downloaded a mod (i don't remember that name) which gave CQB abilities but not so good enough. When I hide behind a wall, strafe out to position the red dot on the enemy and fire, the bullets hit the wall instead of the enemy meaning the wall is interfering even though I've strafed enough to get a clear view of the enemy. I don't know man this could be a separate discussion. I ask this in PMC thread cuz the DLC looked all urban (characters wearing kakhi and jeans pants). I request BIS to ship some CQB scenarios with this DLC.

Edited by Swaroopa

yeah you need to be conscious of where the end of your barrel is pointing, not what you see through the sight when peering around corners, and sometimes the building geometry might be off or something, so more often than not when you are leaning you have to expose yourself quite a bit to fire around a corner. Same for when you are firing over the top of a wall or ledge, speaking of which it'd be interesting to add an additional maneuver option like leaning where if you are crouched you can do a partial stand to fire over your cover without completely standing up. Kinda like a shortstop between prone and crouch, and crouch and stand. Why am I discussing this in here lol? I might have to check the suggestions forum sometime today.

ya ya....... that's what i mean lol....... sorry i'm a MW2 BC2 kinda guy so plz go easy on me lol...

I was never successful in creating a CQB mission. Also I downloaded a mod (i don't remember that name) which gave CQB abilities but not so good enough. When I hide behind a wall, strafe out to position the red dot on the enemy and fire, the bullets hit the wall instead of the enemy meaning the wall is interfering even though I've strafed enough to get a clear view of the enemy. I don't know man this could be a separate discussion. I ask this in PMC thread cuz the DLC looked all urban (characters wearing kakhi and jeans pants). I request BIS to ship some CQB scenarios with this DLC.

Thats really to do with collision detection and how it works with Arma2 some like it and some dont especially for CQB ... as your that type of player you may want to grab this addon that fixes (term used loosely dependent on your view) the collision so CQB is more fluid. The discussion about this can be found in this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109628

What your asking is a more smoother collision detection, which is mainly engine updates and request than this DLC. Although the above linked addon will help the issues you mention to play CQB with this DLC or any situation you want to setup in Arma2.

Edited by mrcash2009

No, that would be in a patch for everyone, not just for people who buy the DLC.

You know that we get the engine improvements for free? You'll get them with 1.56 ;)

I think Nemesis is getting mis understood from all angles, that quote is saying the same in correction to someone else :)

I think Nemesis is getting mis understood from all angles, that quote is saying the same in correction to someone else :)

Yes, thank you. ;)

Thats ok mate, Its protocol for me to assist anyone operating with next-gen signatures. :)

yeah you need to be conscious of where the end of your barrel is pointing, not what you see through the sight when peering around corners, and sometimes the building geometry might be off or something, so more often than not when you are leaning you have to expose yourself quite a bit to fire around a corner. Same for when you are firing over the top of a wall or ledge, speaking of which it'd be interesting to add an additional maneuver option like leaning where if you are crouched you can do a partial stand to fire over your cover without completely standing up. Kinda like a shortstop between prone and crouch, and crouch and stand. Why am I discussing this in here lol? I might have to check the suggestions forum sometime today.

Remember, courtesy of Dsylexci:

sight_vs_bore_line_tmb.jpg

Oh damn you are right :D

Next time I will read the post two times before I post an answer. ;)

Hello, I forgot ask you, will K9 units be in ARMA II - PMC?

If not, I think that you can add this units in next patch for ARMA II. Not only for OPFOR, but for all sides with civillians dogs too. (For some scenarios with police, jogging civillians, blind people...).

I recommend abillities for dogs:

- report hided people, if dog will smell them or hear them (K9 units were used for this requirements in Vietnam war by US), but for more chaos and reality is good if dog will report all hided units which are not in units group where dog handler is, not only enemy but friendly and civillians too;

- search for people, if dog handler will find som equipment which was in enemy inventory and give order for dog to scent this unit;

- search for explosives;

- search new object - "drugs";

- with few basic orders from dog handler like: "go forward", "come to me", "attack unit", order to yap.

It would be good if dogs tried to keep in some maximum distance where dog could hear dog handlers orders or his whistle for order dog for come back. Not use attack dog with orders on map 5km from dog handler position, for kill enemy general.

Hello, I forgot ask you, will K9 units be in ARMA II - PMC?

If not, I think that you can add this units in next patch for ARMA II. Not only for OPFOR, but for all sides with civillians dogs too. (For some scenarios with police, jogging civillians, blind people...).

I recommend abillities for dogs:

- report hided people, if dog will smell them or hear them (K9 units were used for this requirements in Vietnam war by US), but for more chaos and reality is good if dog will report all hided units which are not in units group where dog handler is, not only enemy but friendly and civillians too;

- search for people, if dog handler will find som equipment which was in enemy inventory and give order for dog to scent this unit;

- search for explosives;

- search new object - "drugs";

- with few basic orders from dog handler like: "go forward", "come to me", "attack unit", order to yap.

It would be good if dogs tried to keep in some maximum distance where dog could hear dog handlers orders or his whistle for order dog for come back. Not use attack dog with orders on map 5km from dog handler position, for kill enemy general.

It won't be in PMC, but I actually do like this idea. Would defiantly be cool to have, unleash the dogs to attack people/disarm them/etc. They're already in game but they just run around..why not do more with em? :D

i dont think we will ever see attack dogs in game. why?

it really sucks to do mo-cap on attack dogs :p

Just use animations for ATVs, basically the same thing just perhaps more ballistic than most attack dogs would be.

...If not, I think that you can add this units in next patch for ARMA II. Not only for OPFOR, but for all sides with civillians dogs too. (For some scenarios with police, jogging civillians, blind people...)....

Off-topic, but:

After reading your suggestions, I remembered this which was released some month ago. It doesn't have all the features you mentioned, but with a "little" scripting-work some more functions might be possible.

ION INC : Hello US , can we buy some of your XM-8's ?

US: Yes : that will be $$$.

ION INC: Thank you .

US: Don't forget the bullets , it would be a shame not to fire these working XM-8's.

ION INC : Oh silly us , we saw so much talk on the interwebs , that we thought we were buying plastic toys :rolleyes:

Nice but shouldn't it be: Hello Heckler & Koch??

Since XM-8 is from HK

Nice but shouldn't it be: Hello Heckler & Koch??

Since XM-8 is from HK

The US had some in stock if I remember well enough , I might be wrong though .

New trailer:

Do like. Do want. 'Nuff said.

Really nice trailer . Great mood. The Ka-60 had a grenade launcher :D .

So the asian faces will come with the DLC then . Will they be the "free" part of it like the engine upgrades in the BAF DLC or will they be "lite" just like the British faces ?

I will still buy it , just asking :)

At 2:01, is he aiming a grenade launcher out of the open side doors of the Kasatka?

At 2:01, is he aiming a grenade launcher out of the open side doors of the Kasatka?

Interesting - the PMC Kasatka have GL turrets instead of minigun or pkps

Real russian one have pkps mg's

Edited by RobertHammer

I can't wait for the campaign, but I'll admit that the voice work was cringe worthy at times. Where do you guys recruit these voice 'actors'?

I can't wait for the campaign, but I'll admit that the voice work was cringe worthy at times. Where do you guys recruit these voice 'actors'?

If i can tell the truth - i dont like the voice actors :p

Some of the voice acting was hilarious. But very nice trailer regardless. I want to see more of the new terrain, it looks very cool from a few scenes in this video.