Sign in to follow this  
tonygrunt

ARMA 2: OA beta build 73643

3D models for MAAWS would be nice. SMAW works as it should. Painful when something as big as rockets simply disappears when put to the ground...

Good news from Suma for next beta:

Textures flickering of objects at distance (z fighting). http://dev-heaven.net/issues/1771

Significantly reduced in 73646.

:yay:

Significantly reduced is good!!

But i´m hoping for a total fix someday.

Why is the rendering engine in Arma 2 so screwed up?

Significantly reduced is good!!

But i´m hoping for a total fix someday.

Why is the rendering engine in Arma 2 so screwed up?

Let's wait and see what it looks like before we go making judgements.

I find most games nowadays have issues with z-fighting one way or another...

Got those lines for further investigaton (no script used only modules):

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Item str_disp_left listed twice

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V10 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V20 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V30 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V40 not found

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

Warning Message: No player was selected!

No speaker given for Thomas Schwarz

No speaker given for Thomas Schwarz

No speaker given for Jonas Richter..

O 1-1-E:3: moving in direct condition failed, dist 2.53186

O 1-1-B:2: moving in direct condition failed, dist 2.65435

Error in expression <ured, _healer, true]];

};

_healer removeEventHandler ["animStateChanged", >

Error position: <removeEventHandler ["animStateChanged", >

Error Type Any, expected Number

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male05tk\default\weapons\machinegun.ogg'

Error in expression <ured, _healer, true]];

};

_healer removeEventHandler ["animStateChanged", >

Error position: <removeEventHandler ["animStateChanged", >

Error Type Any, expected Number

Unknown action Surrender

Unknown action GetOver

AI is still distracted and aiming at helicopters during battles. This leads often in ridiculous KIAs. AI should focus on ground/infantry combat instead looking+aiming at helicopters. Now you can simply use helicopters as "cheat" and kill the distracted AIs fast without troubles.

Annoying stick+jumpy rocks are still present some of them are at 008031

Good news from Suma for next beta:

Textures flickering of objects at distance (z fighting). http://dev-heaven.net/issues/1771

Significantly reduced in 73646.

:yay:

Awesome news! Lets hope BIS codewarriors crack's the fog issue as well...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Thanks BIS for all of the hard work! Can't wait to see what the future may hold :D

I find most games nowadays have issues with z-fighting one way or another...

Agreed, pretty much every game I own has it in some way. Obviously not nearly as bad; but it's still there. I noticed that the bigger/further the view distances the more common it seems.

I don't think it will (or can?) ever be totally fixed

I'm still seeing a lot of texture swapping especially when doing benchmark 1, some of those houses are really bad.

I'm still seeing a lot of texture swapping especially when doing benchmark 1, some of those houses are really bad.
I was able to reduce that by using -exThrads=3 even on a 3 year old dual core.

I was able to reduce that by using -exThrads=3 even on a 3 year old dual core.

Hi would this work on an Intel core2 duo Q6700 quad?.

Do supersonic cracks from bullets still play out of order in OA? There is no longer a ticket regarding this on devheaven, so does that mean that it is fixed?

And if it isn't fixed, Bohemia, sort it out in a beta patch and I will freaking buy OA just for that.

I get a config error too! Seems beta related.

No entry 'bin\config.bin.CfgSkeletonParameters'

Edit: And dozen config errors with the ending ".fireSpreadAngle"!

Any fix for it?

Greetings

CriminalMinds

Edited by CriminalMinds

Is anyone else getting the game to lock up when alt tabbing and tabbing back in? It's not regular, but maybe 1/20 alt tabs I will get the game to lock up when I try to go back to the game.

Yeah I'm having the same issue, as well as the issue of the game tending to loose mouse input focus in -window mode. Very annoying. The lockups (in -window mode) can be prevented by previewing your mission before alt tabbing. Alt tabbing the actual editor is near guaranteed hang for me. The focus issue seems only related to the betas, I think it went away for the little time I spent with the full 1.05 patch.

Wow, I got a direct reply as well :)

Never seen that before on any other games' forums.

I just remembered something that was brought up a while back: Redirect for Mission Downloads (Make mission file DL from HTTP/FTP svr)

I remember Dwarden made a poll before 1.07 (I think it was before 1.07) and there were a strong amount of votes all for it. Are we going to see that implemented sometime soon.

If we see that, it could possibly lead to addon sync on server connect as well?

EDIT: Here's the thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=71274

Edited by GossamerS

I noticed that Friendly AI instead of jumping over fences runs through them as if there is nothing in the way. Is this a "feature" of the beta or has it been there from the beginning?

I noticed that Friendly AI instead of jumping over fences runs through them as if there is nothing in the way. Is this a "feature" of the beta or has it been there from the beginning?

Been there since the beginning. They usually walk around them in combat mode though.

I got an error with the latest beta with the arty module.

First i had it with Echos scripts he posted, and today i just checked it with a not complex call of Bis arty like

[Arty2, getMarkerPos "tgt2", MyHETemplate2] call BIS_ARTY_F_ExecuteTemplateMission;[Arty2, 250] call BIS_ARTY_F_SetDispersion;

As it is working without errors on vanilla versions and non beta i suppose it could be an error due the beta

This is what the rpt tells

Error in expression <tualShell = false;};

_spawnDist = 6;
if (_virtualShell) then
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
 Error position: <if (_virtualShell) then
{
if (BIS_ARTY_D>
 Error if: Typ Objekt, erwartet Bool

All mergeConfigFile posts were moved into a separate topic, as it seems to be popular enough to have a thread of its own.

Is anyone else getting the game to lock up when alt tabbing and tabbing back in? It's not regular, but maybe 1/20 alt tabs I will get the game to lock up when I try to go back to the game.

Same thing happens here - if I leave it a while it does resolve itself after a few mintues, though in my case it is not related to particular beta but all recent patches, and as I use a Ramdisk etc (see below) I put it down to more of a system thing than an Arma problem.

Has anyone else noticed that helicopter handling is changed with this beta? If I put Apache to auto-hover, it is next to impossible to maintain the desired altitude. Either it gains or loses altitude. Havent had this kind of problem previously.

Also, when the chopper is set to auto-hover, its nose keeps doing this small but very noticeable "swaying" motion (up/down). It stops doing that after I cancel auto-hover. The same kind of nose-swaying motion happens also when watching AI controlled helicopter flying.

That really sucks i hate it when it happens and for enemy AI too.