Sign in to follow this  
tonygrunt

ARMA 2: OA beta build 73643

Does this mean we can change the sound paths too, since they are config based ?

BTW, Stand up job guys. Really nice to see all these updates !

I had again this "out of memory" crash during an autosave of the A2 campaign...It had dispeared when I was playing the campaing from A2 standalone exe with latest patch

no crashdumps ?

no crashdumps ?

Where do we find these Dwarden? I've had several out of memory (lock up the computer) crashes with this latest patch too.

Would be nice to know more how the config merge works. Can it read a file within the mission itself?

Thanks for fixing the self fatigue issue!

Choppers while flying start to seesaw and move up and down erratically , when piloted by the AI. anyone else come across this? same happen in the last patch aswell..

btw thanks for your efforts Bis ..

[73625] New: mergeConfigFile script function

Can I make the wild optimistic assumption that this development opens up the possible future feature of mod management from WITHIN the game? i.e. swap addons & mods about without necessitating a game restart?

This might mean that on a per-mission basis mods can be loaded & unloaded as needed. Especially nice for complex server usage, means that different mod mixes might be possible on a per-mission basis.

As I said, wildly optimistic :)

Good news from Suma for next beta:

Textures flickering of objects at distance (z fighting). http://dev-heaven.net/issues/1771

Significantly reduced in 73646.

:yay:

I'm less bothered by that than I am the shining alpha in fog bug. :) However, any fix is a good fix :)

Am i the only one getting config errors? :confused:

Same with the previous beta...

Tested with O.A. standalone and A2 Combined.

.RPT

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/Cursor.iconTakeBackpack'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/Cursor.iconAssemble'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/Cursor.iconDisassemble'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/FakeWeapon.fireSpreadAngle'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/CarHorn.fireSpreadAngle'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin.CfgSkeletonParameters'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M2.fireSpreadAngle'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M16A2.fireSpreadAngle'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Throw/HandGrenade_Stone.fireSpreadAngle'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Throw/HandGrenadeMuzzle.fireSpreadAngle'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Throw/SmokeShellMuzzle.fireSpreadAngle'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Throw/IRStrobe.fireSpreadAngle'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Put/TimeBombMuzzle.fireSpreadAngle'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Put/PipeBombMuzzle.fireSpreadAngle'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Put/MineMuzzle.fireSpreadAngle'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Put/MineEMuzzle.fireSpreadAngle'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Put/BAF_ied_v1_muzzle.fireSpreadAngle'.

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V10 not found

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Put/BAF_ied_v2_muzzle.fireSpreadAngle'.

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V20 not found

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Put/BAF_ied_v3_muzzle.fireSpreadAngle'.

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V30 not found

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Put/BAF_ied_v4_muzzle.fireSpreadAngle'.

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V40 not found

I'm less bothered by that than I am the shining alpha in fog bug. :) However, any fix is a good fix :)

that one might be slayed aswell ...

i saw some brave coders trying fight that beast in engine dungeon

Im testing it right now, and it seems to work nicely. I DOES support loading config files from the mission directory, if you give the second argument as false:

The config change is persistent for your game session tho, so If you close the mission and start a new one, your new vehicle will still be available.

This is potentially a bad thing, since if you overwrite a original vehicle class, you could break other missions using it. :(

That could be f'n awesome. :yay: Now, of course, can we get a 'revert' type command? :D

BTW, after fiddling around with this command, I found myself flying around in a power generator firing hydra's in the desert :p

2 things:

1 - without pics, it didn't happen ;)

2 - when will that mod be released? :D

The config merge can potentially be the awesomest thing to happen to the series in a long time (config changes without addons, endless possibilities for addonless MP), but I hope that the config will be reset after the mission in future patches.

that one might be slayed aswell ...

i saw some brave coders trying fight that beast in engine dungeon

Excellent news. These betas are making some awesome changes :)

WOOT! :bounce3:

I rather have performance improvements and fixes for the very ugly texture popup!

Am i the only one getting config errors? :confused:

Same with the previous beta...

Tested with O.A. standalone and A2 Combined.

.RPT

I get all these and more too. I use a combined ops dedi server.

Good news from Suma for next beta:

Textures flickering of objects at distance (z fighting). http://dev-heaven.net/issues/1771

Significantly reduced in 73646.

:yay:

Thats good to hear! It's also something that shouldn't have been there all along. It's from sloppy modeling/texturing (no offense, but gotta call it like it is :D ) when textures are interleaved with each other (sharing almost the same z-buffer space). Remedy is to model more secure (give texture-stencils their own dedicated surface) and don't stack 3d models on top or next to each other when surfaces become intertwined.

But i'm glad to hear it gets worked on :yay:

I rather have performance improvements and fixes for the very ugly texture popup!

To each his own. My performance isn't all that great but it's still good enough to allow me to enjoy the game. And I also don't hold out any realistic hope for dramatic performance increases. Ever. So I'll take an improvement of one of the most annoying and distracting graphics 'glitches' any day. :)

[73555] Fixed: My own shots no longer causing a stress.

Nice! always hated suppressing myself thanks BI! :yay:

Edited by Lib3r8eR

Wow. Less z-fighting will be an awesome and very welcome improvement! :eek:

After that, all we need for visual near-perfection are these two: #1915 (apparently already being worked on by Suma :)) and #2724.

But judging by the changes and fixes so far, the next patch for OA is already going to be biblical!

Indeed a real great milestone if the z-fighting and alpha issue has been resolved. Another testament of BIS's commitment to get the game patched and polished.

Hope they release it as official 1.55 patch maybe with a bonus.