Sign in to follow this  
tonygrunt

ARMA 2: OA beta build 73643

Has anyone else noticed that helicopter handling is changed with this beta? If I put Apache to auto-hover, it is next to impossible to maintain the desired altitude. Either it gains or loses altitude. Havent had this kind of problem previously.

Also, when the chopper is set to auto-hover, its nose keeps doing this small but very noticeable "swaying" motion (up/down). It stops doing that after I cancel auto-hover. The same kind of nose-swaying motion happens also when watching AI controlled helicopter flying.

I have noticed if you now place a AI crewed chopper and use the attachto command to place something underneath they all start to gain height unless the object is some distance away that is.

I have noticed if you now place a AI crewed chopper and use the attachto command to place something underneath they all start to gain height unless the object is some distance away that is.

Lol. Way to fool the AI. :cool:

Anyone know if a ticket is up at DH about vehicles not wobble/rock when firing the big guns? Searched but might search the wrong keywords.

Fire a tank with its main gun sideways should make the tank rock sideways a little from the recoil, but they are dead still.

Might be a ticket that i didnt found.

Yeah I've noticed the choppers kind of bob up and down like a see-saw with the recent betas, looks quite strange.

It's normal that helicopters oscillate from the torque and imbalance. Although from what I've seen it's usually on the X axis so it rocks side to side; not up and down, although I guess that's possible too.

Anyone else have start-up problem running crossfire with this beta?

Other betas have been fine, but when I launch this one I get the old weird texture thing with no text and just odd colored boxes. Have to use Task Manager to end or close app.

Anyone else have start-up problem running crossfire with this beta?

Other betas have been fine, but when I launch this one I get the old weird texture thing with no text and just odd colored boxes. Have to use Task Manager to end or close app.

No. Sure your using the correct path?

Yep, path is fine. But I'll try the newer/newest beta and reply...

Edit: doh! had a typo in the path. Corrected and all is well. Thanks!

Edited by Kubicide