If i remember correctly ASR_AI_Skillz somehow affects the relation between AI+Enterable Buildings (?)

So..

I m really interested if someone tried ASR_AI+Zorilya's Garrison Script ..or one breaks the other ?

I have indeed - TPWC Supp and TWP LOS, Garrrison script, ASR_AI (server side), UPSMON, Tophe's Housepatrol script, (ACE, ACRE as well)

See this post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136304-TPWC-AI-suppression-system&p=2243659&viewfull=1#post2243659

Short version - works great no issues we could see. Static units in bldgs were using Houepatrol script, static groups were using garrison script, patrol groups using UPSMON. No problems with units staying in buildings and we noticed UPSMON groups entering and clearing buildings as well.

+1

I've been running ASR_AI+TPWAC+TPWAC_LOS since the first TPWAC scripts became available (with some selected files from CoSLX) and the combination is a real game-changer.

These also seem to be pretty compatible with DAC (in which there is a lot of scope for customisation anyway, to address conflicts), and is perfectly compatible with HAC (very much unlike GL4).

Yep I've also added UPSMON to the mix as well (DAC, TWPs, ASR_AI) and haven't noticed any issues.. still a WIP though

Wont the supression effect from upsmon conflict with supression from tpw??

That's a good question and my answer is that I have not noticed any negative effects - with the TPW debug on I still see the coloured balls over suppressed units... perhaps TPW overrides the UPSMON suppression?

I know it does conflict with one mods suppression.. I think it might be GL4? With GL4 though you can disable AI suppression.. ChrisB might have a better idea he uses GL4 a lot.

Nope, despite the same name, they're different thing altogether. The supression in UPSMON means units will shoot in the general direction of the enemy unit, nothing more. It very effective against human players, but not much against other AI unless they hit of course, because current AI does not take supression into account very much.

Hence, TPW + UPSMON should "theoretically" take care of both ends of the supression, it would certainly be something good to watch.

Nope, despite the same name, they're different thing altogether. The supression in UPSMON means units will shoot in the general direction of the enemy unit, nothing more. It very effective against human players, but not much against other AI unless they hit of course, because current AI does not take supression into account very much.

Hence, TPW + UPSMON should "theoretically" take care of both ends of the supression, it would certainly be something good to watch.

Thanks I did not know that

TPW Suppression however has certain exploits to it even with TPW AI LOS enabled. For example in CQB you can just move and spray enemies and instead of shooting you they often will simply hit the deck and crawl around in panic so that mod needs some tweaking. Adding minimum distance inside which suppression doesn't work?

If you monitor this behaviour it's most likely not caused by TPWCAS, unless the distance is more then 25m....

There is already a parameter to ignore close by suppression...which by default is 25m:

//BULLET IGNORE RADIUS (M). BULLETS FROM A SHOOTER CLOSER THAN THIS WILL NOT SUPPRESS.  
tpwcas_ir = 25; 

Sorry for not responding to all the questions, I haven't been as much involved here lately but this thread seems to sustain itself :)

Thanks to everyone stepping in to help!

Pushed a small update to dev-heaven:

1.16.1 | 07 DEC 2012

Fixed a config conflict with latest CWR2 mod (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/51181)

Fixed error when asr_ai_sys_aiskill scripted features were completely disabled in userconfig (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/62075)

Added a fix for AI not using laser marker to paint targets for airplanes.

Attacking AI uses a waypoint now, making it more reliable (it's still not going to be triggered unless AI has no other active waypoints).

Fixed scripted AI support reaction.

Reactions to danger take enemy vs. friendly strength ratio into account (is it wise to attack ? does that group need my help ?).

Gunshot hearing aid reduced when any units involved are in forests (balancing tweak).

Gunshot hearing aid reduced when any units involved are in forests (balancing tweak).

Good one!

Thanks for the update...

/KC

I think something has gone wrong with the latest beta patches.

I can shoot entire clips of M4 at a squad of NAPA (no optics or NVGs) on a moonlit night from 200m (standing, no cover) and they never return fire, even as I kill them one by one. During the day, they return fire instantly.

I'm not too sure if the AI is moon-aware? At least according to what I remember they don't really care about moonlight. I don't even know how sensitive they are to time of day. Could be wrong, though, as it had been a while since I tested those kinds of stuff.

They definitely are. On moonless nights you can walk around right in front of their faces. And in any case, modded AI has heretofore gleefully shot back at muzzle flashes.

I can shoot entire clips of M4 at a squad of NAPA (no optics or NVGs) on a moonlit night from 200m (standing, no cover) and they never return fire, even as I kill them one by one. During the day, they return fire instantly.

Is it about ASR_AI or OA beta ? Also only NAPA ? Most coops I did since testing ASR_AI 1.16.1 (before I released) were night ops and haven't seen anything weird, using latest betas too.

Thanks

Reactions to danger take enemy vs. friendly strength ratio into account (is it wise to attack ? does that group need my help ?).

Nice. Hopefully it will make AIs more eager to help their bros in firefights 100m away.

Did a quick test like you described and they indeed had issues detecting me shooting at them. To compensate for this, raise the nightspotting property in userconfig to about 0.5-0.6. Hopefully this won't make them see too well in pitch black (IIRC my default 0.3 value came from frustration when playing against the AI and they would see too well in complete darkness).

You can also tweak the spotDistance levels.

Well I tested it with me as a Russian against a NAPA Soldier in the woods a)in complete moonless Darkness b)with full moon. I had TPWC_AI running as well since I always play with that enabled

a) The guy detected me as soon as I got close to him (20 meters or so) and went into Combat Mode. He seemed to be unsure if I was an enemy and didn´t open fire until I fired first. Then he immediately opened fire as well

b) The guy saw me while I was still over 70 meters away and opened fire.

Seems ok

Did a quick test like you described and they indeed had issues detecting me shooting at them. To compensate for this, raise the nightspotting property in userconfig to about 0.5-0.6. Hopefully this won't make them see too well in pitch black (IIRC my default 0.3 value came from frustration when playing against the AI and they would see too well in complete darkness).

You can also tweak the spotDistance levels.

I will try that, but the balance issue seems to be a new issue. Before now, ASR has balanced nighttime spotting admirably. How did you deal with those beta patches that screwed with the AI engagement ranges again? Could that have changed things?

hi Is there a way to exclude all asr_ai features from specific units by dropping a command in the init line of the units? I mean those units should behave like a vanilla arma 2 AI. In some situations something like this is really needed.

i know theres command: _unit setVariable ["asr_ai_sys_aiskill_exclude", true]; is that enough to make units behave like vanilla AI ?

I will try that, but the balance issue seems to be a new issue. Before now, ASR has balanced nighttime spotting admirably. How did you deal with those beta patches that screwed with the AI engagement ranges again? Could that have changed things?

I guess that didn't matter as I've always used my own configs for engagement ranges. But the night spotting issue seems new as it has been noticed on a dedicated server and setting the coef. to 0.5 seems to get things back to normal.

Well I tested it with me as a Russian against a NAPA Soldier in the woods a)in complete moonless Darkness b)with full moon. I had TPWC_AI running as well since I always play with that enabled

a) The guy detected me as soon as I got close to him (20 meters or so) and went into Combat Mode. He seemed to be unsure if I was an enemy and didn´t open fire until I fired first. Then he immediately opened fire as well

b) The guy saw me while I was still over 70 meters away and opened fire.

Seems ok

Bear in mind that running TPWC_AI along-you should make some "tweaking" to have desired results about 'spotting matter'.

Latest versions of TPWC_AI include TPW_LoS by default and 1 parameter in Userconfig has LoS max/min distance.

Default settings are set to "Anything below 19 meters is considered Visible no matter what"

*I personally have set LoS min distance to "2"

So..maybe you wanna check that possibility also...

hi Is there a way to exclude all asr_ai features from specific units by dropping a command in the init line of the units? I mean those units should behave like a vanilla arma 2 AI. In some situations something like this is really needed.

i know theres command: _unit setVariable ["asr_ai_sys_aiskill_exclude", true]; is that enough to make units behave like vanilla AI ?

You can only disable the scripted features that way. All but the rearming that is, because rearming is in a separate addon and has a similar override variable:

Units can be individually prevented from rearming by setting a variable like this:

_unit setVariable ["asr_ai_sys_airearming_pause", 1]; (set back to 0 to resume rearming).

Parameters modified in configs can't be turned off via scripting.

Not sure if I missed something, but only AI units in my group will arm/rearm themselves. I have tried placing weaponless groups/single units and whether they are attacked or not they will not arm themselves while men in my group do.

Check config files in the suerconfig folder or at least the readme ;)

Not sure if I missed something, but only AI units in my group will arm/rearm themselves. I have tried placing weaponless groups/single units and whether they are attacked or not they will not arm themselves while men in my group do.

Make sure they're not prevented from rearming by one of the conditions mentioned in the README and give them some time. AI in player group runs rearming in a shorter loop, that should be the only difference.

If you still can't get them to rearm please create ticket and post your scenario in the tracker.

Thanks.