so i only do the skill level in the asr settings config? I thought it works together with the skillenemy and precisionenemy in the server config? I'm a bit confused

Forget PrecisionFriendly and PrecisionEnemy, both were deprecated after 1.60. The engine don't read those values anymore. Suma clarified that, and there was a huge discussion after that :). In part because of that, more and more people started to use this mod.

well ok. That userconfig looks totally new to me. I never really touched it before, i mean i never added unit classes to the arrays. Is there a good tutorial on how to modify the new userconfig? I don't know how to do that. Right now on the server, it feels like ai has that sick cheat, only headshots, the see you through walls and just wait till you pass it, and dang' you're dead. Do i even have to change something in the userconfig? in the past i simply ran the addon , and put the userconfig in the folder on server

Forget PrecisionFriendly and PrecisionEnemy, both were deprecated after 1.60. The engine don't read those values anymore. Suma clarified that, and there was a huge discussion after that :). In part because of that, more and more people started to use this mod.

They are bringing the setting back for 1.63 and I think it might even be in a 1.62 beta release already.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27851

Edited by Delta99
Added link to issue

They are bringing the setting back for 1.63 and I think it might even be in a 1.62 beta release already.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27851

Just mass movable of tickets target

Thanks for the heads up. I hope they do it, but it's not written in stone.

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

Right now on the server, it feels like ai has that sick cheat, only headshots, the see you through walls and just wait till you pass it, and dang' you're dead.

Are you sure no other mod is running interference there? Like UPSMON for instance? Usually the problem is some mods help the AI to know your exact position, and/or lay suppresive fire on you. That gives the general feeling of AI being too accurate... Now that being said, comparing 1.15 to 1.16, AI is a bit more accurate.

well now they rest there weapons, so head shots will happen more.

What does this even mean?

Vanilla MG Dude=> fires bust while crouched, almost all the bullets go into the air because of the recoil

ASR MG Dude=> knows how to control the recoil of the weapon, the bullets will hit your position.

I think this thread is starting to get confused.

To sum up what we have been talking about recently here is what I'm thinking:

1. PrecisionEnemy is no longer being taking into account in the latest Arma2 engine (1.62). So just ignore that setting and forget it exists (until they bring it back in 1.63 perhaps).

2. Do not set SkillEnemy to 1.0 but something lower. This will get rid of the aimbot problems. Note, that clans and suggestions in the past have suggested using 1.0 for Skill and a lower value for Precision as precision affects all these other factors like recoil etc etc.

3. ASR AI has the ability to modify the more detailed options that effect recoil etc etc. but I think still scale from the overall SkillEnemy setting.

fiULZyPsk_dfbCvyBsT0n7pD073GcofyoapfvuhNGFJwhK58ghof2LnBhrf-tcg2nUwKlMQMXFw

Oh if you mean they go prone more with MGs, then yes :)

Edited by Robalo

Source please.

@Robalo: LOL

thats what i mean. And in our server game play we also get alot more headshots from non auto weapons too. Its a good thang.

Can ASR AI be used to increase/reduce AI's firerate globally via userconfig? As I understand aimingSpeed define time to aquire target, but does it affect refire rate? And does reloadSpeed affect delay between shots/bursts or only magazine reload time?

Edited by boota

2. Do not set SkillEnemy to 1.0 but something lower. This will get rid of the aimbot problems. Note, that clans and suggestions in the past have suggested using 1.0 for Skill and a lower value for Precision as precision affects all these other factors like recoil etc etc.

Yep BIS has increased AI precision somewhat since due to people complaining about it not being able to hit enemies on par with humans.

0.75-0.85 is the new 1.0 basically with ASR AI. I'd suggest using that. That's what I use when playing an asymmetric mission (e.g. more AI than humans)

Also any new ASR AI stuff in the making Robalo?

Yep BIS has increased AI precision somewhat since due to people complaining about it not being able to hit enemies on par with humans.

0.75-0.85 is the new 1.0 basically with ASR AI. I'd suggest using that.

They didn't increase AI Precision somewhat. What they did was make it work off of the AI skill setting. Therefore with people mostly having AI Skill set to 1.0 the precision was basically set to 1.0.

Agreed on the 0.75-0.85 being the new 1.0

Quick question, is the PLA addon for ACE2 fully supported by ASR_AI, I can find no reference to any of the classnames in the ASR_AI userconfig.

I'm assuming they would inherit the default skill coefficient of 1.0 but that their sf / sniper units would be grouped with the default grunts and that their secondary weapon / grenade / smoke classnames aren't present they won't loot them?

Quick question, is the PLA addon for ACE2 fully supported by ASR_AI, I can find no reference to any of the classnames in the ASR_AI userconfig.

I'm assuming they would inherit the default skill coefficient of 1.0 but that their sf / sniper units would be grouped with the default grunts and that their secondary weapon / grenade / smoke classnames aren't present they won't loot them?

Any unit will inherit from the unit that it's based upon. There's no easy way of telling which the underlying unit is, but, as a rule of thumb, most of the time, SF units are based on some stock SF units, and regulars are based on some regulars. That ensures that most mods are correctly "supported", without having to touch the userconfig.

Regarding looting, I believe you are correct, but wait for Robalo's reply.

I want to play a coop mission on a dedicated server, my question:

Does only the server need the mod or the clients as well?

Cheers,

Thomas

I want to play a coop mission on a dedicated server, my question:

Does only the server need the mod or the clients as well?

Cheers,

Thomas

On the server only is OK. The mod will affect the AI that is local to the machine where it is running. If you have units under your command in a MP game, then you have also to run the mod, so it can tweak your units too.

That was my guess, thanks for confirming it seba :)

This should be added to the description of the mod somewhere because the way its described there is not very clear. Not everyone knows which machine controls the AI under whatever circumstances.

This addon can be installed on clients, servers or both. It will configure only the AI local to the machine where it is installed.

Thanks again,

Thomas

Also when using AI in MP (under your command etc..) you need to have a ASR_AI folder in your root userconfig with the "asr_ai_settings.hpp".

Tried searching and just am not finding anything, but is there anyway to disable units from leaving buildings if they were placed there in the first place? Unit is moved into a buildingPos, doStop'd and not in any group. Yet while playing a mission with the server running ASR AI almost no units are found in buildings anymore.

Tried searching and just am not finding anything, but is there anyway to disable units from leaving buildings if they were placed there in the first place? Unit is moved into a buildingPos, doStop'd and not in any group. Yet while playing a mission with the server running ASR AI almost no units are found in buildings anymore.

I've been doing that a lot recently, but my units do stay inside. Have you tried disabling the rearming feature to see if that's what's "moving" them? Also the new support functions could be ordering them out if you have them activated I assume.

Also the new support functions could be ordering them out if you have them activated I assume.

..ehm...what you mean?..

..ehm...what you mean?..
New basic scripted reaction to danger: support (2 waypoints: 1 - support a near group that is taking casualties then 2 - SAD). This will be disabled by default in the final release, but enabled now to testing. Again, reactions are only for groups which have no waypoints or have completed all of them.

See the new userconfig for more info.