Will this mod mostly be about infantry AI, or will it sooner or later include better path finding and such for vehicles as well?

When will the update hit Six?

It's up to Sixmaster Sickboy :)

Will this mod mostly be about infantry AI, or will it sooner or later include better path finding and such for vehicles as well?

Infantry is what I care for most in this game, so I focus all my modding on that, but vehicle related improvements are possible in the future.

It's up to Sixmaster Sickboy :)

Infantry is what I care for most in this game, so I focus all my modding on that, but vehicle related improvements are possible in the future.

Thanks, that would be great :)

I still got those many RPT entries cant help myself.

2012/08/17, 22:49:45 Cannot use magazine 7Rnd_45ACP_1911 in muzzle M4A1

2012/08/17, 22:49:45 Cannot use magazine SmokeShell in muzzle HandGrenade_Stone

2012/08/17, 22:49:45 Cannot use magazine 8Rnd_AT5_BMP2 in muzzle PKT

2012/08/17, 22:49:45 Cannot use magazine 400Rnd_30mm_AGS17 in muzzle AT5LauncherSingle

2012/08/17, 22:49:46 Cannot use magazine M136 in muzzle M4A1_Aim

I dont use any other weapon mods at all.

If i turn ASR_AI_skill off those entries are gone.

I still got those many RPT entries cant help myself.

I dont use any other weapon mods at all.

If i turn ASR_AI_skill off those entries are gone.

I assume that's in MP. It can be simply caused by another player joining the game with a weapon mod you don't have. But you reported this a while ago, an the answer is the same, make sure everyone plays with the same weapon mods as those activated on the server. I'll have to hear more about this and be sure it's a fault caused by this mod.

Might be because I've added support for the ACR DLC, which is optional. But it would be the same as having players running the DLC while others are not.

I recommend installing ACR lite on the server and instructing players to at least install ACR lite if they don't have the full DLC.

Edited by Robalo

Would be easy if its ACR or any other mod as this problem was before ACR was released. But no other mod is allowed on our server.

I assume it has something to do with the changing weapon part. Its reporting problems only about ammo not about weapons.

Maybe AI dont drop the ammo corect while changing weapons ?

Anyway i dont want to bother you with this, would just be helpful if any other ppl has the same reports...

On the other side the AI is acting very nice and its really fun to play with this mod.

I'm pretty sure it's not to do with multiple players in MP, Robalo. I get this spammed into the server RPT and it always only mentioned weapons that I'm carrying. It will happen when I'm alone on the server. If there are other players, there will be more references to their kit.

It might be mod related. I get it in my clan mission which requires a clan mod pack which has a few reconfigged weapons, a couple of new weapons and a few bits and bobs.

I'm pretty sure it isn't related to ASR though. I run ASR only server side, yet the RPT server spam talks about weps I'm carrying. I can't see how that would be caused by a serverside mod.

What's this new "reactions" setting in the userconfig with the new update? Any other changes you'd like to comment on, Robalo?

What's this new "reactions" setting in the userconfig with the new update? Any other changes you'd like to comment on, Robalo?

from the readme:

New basic scripted reaction to danger: support (2 waypoints: 1 - support a near group that is taking casualties then 2 - SAD). This will be disabled by default in the final release, but enabled now to testing. Again, reactions are only for groups which have no waypoints or have completed all of them.

Okay, I'm stupid. Thanks for pointing that out.

I didn't say that, just that every once in a while a readme.first is worth the reading ... :)

Reactions on danger - only for groups without active waypoints:

First, the group tries to move to cover. Then, a random action is sometimes selected from these currently available types:

- attack - leader goes to cover, orders units to go hunt the enemy

- defend - group set to defensive mode, units mount near vehicle weapons and statics

- support - find a friendly group that is taking damage, move there to support

Userconfig looks like this:

reactions[] = {1,1,0};         // Infantry groups will randomly react with basic, scripted, random actions, to detecting the enemy or being shot at; format: {enableAttack,enableDefend,enableSupport}

Which means attack and defend reactions are enabled by default but not the support action. To enable that too, set:

reactions[] = {1,1,1};

Edited by Robalo

I know you didn't say that, I was being self-deprecating. My thanks are genuine.

Thanks Robalo for the extra info.

Robaldo,

Can I confirm that the last update did not change the way skills are allocated to AI.

I am trying to ascertain whether the enemy AI are super accurate with the last Beta or the last ASR AI updates, but something has changed.

Robaldo,

Can I confirm that the last update did not change the way skills are allocated to AI.

I am trying to ascertain whether the enemy AI are super accurate with the last Beta or the last ASR AI updates, but something has changed.

Running it with latest beta and default settings I'd say AI's accuracy is mediocre at best. But of course that's subjective.

You can verify exactly what accuracy values are set for each unit by enabling logging of the skill assignments to RPT with setskills_debug = 1 in userconfig.

Edited by Robalo

Are you doing 1 man vs. 1 man combat to test AI accuracy, ugly58?

Because that's the right way.

Are you doing 1 man vs. 1 man combat to test AI accuracy, ugly58?

Because that's the right way.

No impression of 30 people last night on server. We were being hit first out second round every time. Pilots shoot from helos and even fast jets.

Robaldo,

Thanks for the quick reply,

question does skillenemy mean skill opfor. As we were playing as Russian troops against US. That would help explain a little as numbers are set higher.

No impression of 30 people last night on server. We were being hit first out second round every time. Pilots shoot from helos and even fast jets.

Robaldo,

Thanks for the quick reply,

question does skillenemy mean skill opfor. As we were playing as Russian troops against US. That would help explain a little as numbers are set higher.

I guess you're talking about the game's profile difficulty settings ? I would guess skillEnemy should apply to US forces in your scenario. But that's a damn good question. How would the server know whos friendly and who's enemy ? Hmm, guess you should set skillFriendly value to what you have for skillEnemy and see if that fixes your problem.

UltraAI = 1 perhaps ? Make sure it's 0.

P.S. If you keep calling me Robaldo I'm gonna call you Fugly :D

Edited by Robalo

Hi,

I love playing with ASR AI Skills mod so I was using it on my own mission, but the cut scene is also affected.

The captain is rushing out of the HMMWV not to give you orders anymore but to get a rifle.... ;-)

I was wondering if it is possible to deactivate the ASR AI Skills mod in a cut scene, in my own scenario at least.

It also requires to detect the presence of the mod.

Thanks

Hi,

I love playing with ASR AI Skills mod so I was using it on my own mission, but the cut scene is also affected.

The captain is rushing out of the HMMWV not to give you orders anymore but to get a rifle.... ;-)

I was wondering if it is possible to deactivate the ASR AI Skills mod in a cut scene, in my own scenario at least.

It also requires to detect the presence of the mod.

Thanks

Sure, you can disable rearming for all units at the start of your init:

asr_ai_sys_airearming_run = 0;

then re-enable it after the cutscene is finished:

asr_ai_sys_airearming_run = 1;

Alternative would be to disable rearming just for some units, that info is available in the changelog:

Units can be individually prevented from rearming by setting a variable like this:

_unit setVariable ["asr_ai_sys_airearming_pause", 1]; (set back to 0 to resume rearming).

Hello,

I'm not sure if you have ever played around with this setting but turning on ATOC in the video options to all trees + grass makes arma forest look more lush, and the vegetation a bit thicker. I like turning it on because it makes forest look much nicer, and also they feel much more like a proper forest. The problem is that I think this thickening of vegetation only affects the player. So AI's ability to see in forests becomes god-like compared to the player with this setting turned on. Now this is not so much of a problem with the visually impaired (and somewhat retarded) vanilla AI, but with ASR turned on, you really notice it. I tested this several times in a scenario where me and my squad tried to seize a hut in the forest. It didn't matter which angle I came from or how hard I tried to spot targets, I was almost useless in the firefight. All I could see was bush, while the AI had no trouble seeing each other and me. I turned ATOC off and the firefight felt more balanced, but then the forest looked ugly. So is there anything that can be done to address this? Could you somehow make ATOC affect AI vision in bush?

Thank you for your awesome mod. Since I've installed your mod I can't play ArmA without it.

Also forgot to mention: This is mainly an issue in Chernarus where there is thick vegetation. On maps like Takistan or Utes it's not that much of a problem.

ATOC on Trees and Grass actually makes it easier for YOU to see thru the leaves and grass. It has no bearing on AI. Not sure what is going on with your described action?

As for "super acurate AI" with latest Beta etall, I dont see it. Must be a carry over from some Faction settings or you where playing on a High Skill setting for the mission?

As always Rob great work.

Exactly, I play with ATOC=1 (grass only) so I can see better through the grass. I can't do anything about how well the AI sees through the vegetation, it's a matter of how the 3D models have their AI viewblocks set as much as I know about this. I just try to deal with it, use cover and put lots of fire towards where the shots are coming.

Perhaps if I could think of a cheap and reliable way to detect when a unit is in dense foliage to automatically alter the spotting distance it could balance things for players against the AI in the woods. But then the player could be in the woods and the enemy AI in the clear...

I recall there was a way with selectbestplaces, will need to look into it.

Edited by Robalo

I often think that units among a sufficient number of trees should become quite a bit more difficult to spot & track. I'm not sure how this could be manifest into code though :) particularly with phrases like "sufficient number of trees" and "quite a bit more difficult to spot & track" :)