Robalo,

This is an easy way to increase skill I like it where do we put this code in the hpp file?

class factions {

class USMC { // US Marine Corps

coef = 1.15;

};

Robalo,

This is an easy way to increase skill I like it where do we put this code in the hpp file?

class factions {

class USMC { // US Marine Corps

coef = 1.15;

};

It's already in the userconfig, introduced with this beta, so if you're willing to test just change the default value which is 1. Other factions can be added like that. I've already added many of them for convenience.

It's already in the userconfig, introduced with this beta, so if you're willing to test just change the default value which is 1. Other factions can be added like that. I've already added many of them for convenience.

That's a really nice feature. I'll be happy to test the beta; after rolling back from 1.61 RC2 to 1.60.94364 though ...

That's a really nice feature. I'll be happy to test the beta; after rolling back from 1.61 RC2 to 1.60.94364 though ...

Why did you not roll back to 94700?

Why did you not roll back to 94700?

Because of that damn warfare glitch since 94444 I can't get a hold of anymore ...:( (nothing to do with ASR AI)

Checked, and you can see in the source, I have excluded the player-led groups from the ones which loners will join. So I don't really know what happened there. You sure it was not a mission join and lead thing ? Or when unconscious you may lose command temporarily.

As you can see if you look at the source there's also a check for leaders being on foot.

No, unless the latest Flashpoint has added a "join & lead" feature for lone units - I'll check.

However - this release breaks "Hike in the Hills". Plays normally on RC1 1.61 (except medic wouldn't get in the Humvee at the end, but after a few minutes the mission ended properly).

With the asr_ai 1.16 beta, the team leader never moves from the E edge of the village (3/3 tests). In one test after we killed the first 3-4 enemies, I went ahead, found the cache - no radio message, nothing. Blew it up anyway - no acknowledgment or "Task completed". Mission suddenly ended, I had zero score. Twice the mission never ended because the leader never moved much beyond the disembarkation point. Most of the bad guys never showed up. Had to end-cheat.

Trial by Fire played normally on vanilla RC1 1.61; with the asr_ai beta, once the chopper went on a shootaround, twice it just took out the ZSU truck then landed. In the first of the latter two, after clearing Strelka & destroying all the counter-attacks, the team leader headed off to the slope S of the demolished ZSU truck & never moved on. In the 3rd run it was more-or-less normal after we disembarked.

Quite different to the behaviour with v1.15.1_test 5, except for the fly-abouts in Trial by Fire.

Two tests of "Pinned Down" - normal behaviour.

This was all with only CBA 1.00pre6, no other mods loaded.

Thanks Orcinus, that sounds quite bad. Just to make sure, you're not loading any saves are you ? I'll go test the ones you mentioned and see what happens.

Hi Robalo

No, these were all fresh starts (as always when I test, or after applying a patch or when running a different beta to the saved game).

I'll try a few more missions tonight.

Hi Robalo

No, these were all fresh starts (as always when I test, or after applying a patch or when running a different beta to the saved game).

I'll try a few more missions tonight.

Found problem, uploaded fixed 1.16 beta1. Played Hike in the hills and Trial by fire fine (except for the scenic landing).

Thanks!

Found problem, uploaded fixed 1.16 beta1. Played Hike in the hills and Trial by fire fine (except for the scenic landing).

Thanks!

No, thank you!

Downloading now & will test asap

You should tone down the switching to crouch stance.

Basically units spend way too much time in it (basically as long as they are in danger stance). Crouch stance means slower movement and apparently it also tires AI just like humans since they can't shoot well after being in it for too long.

They should go out of enforced crouching after some short period of time of not seeing enemies/not engaging.

You should tone down the switching to crouch stance.

Basically units spend way too much time in it (basically as long as they are in danger stance). Crouch stance means slower movement and apparently it also tires AI just like humans since they can't shoot well after being in it for too long.

They should go out of enforced crouching after some short period of time of not seeing enemies/not engaging.

They already go back to auto once they don't know about any enemies. (EDIT: actually, I save the original unitpos and they go back to that when it's time).

Spoiler alert :) Animation handler kicks in only when the AI knows about any enemies. Then there's a cycle which returns each unit's stance back to normal if it's all clear.

I didn't like them to go crouch/prone all the time and I've played a lot with this feature and watched countless tests, but releasing them to auto stance in combat looks a lot worse.

You could suggest a line of sight check and I partly agree but the benefit of them keeping low when they have known threats is bigger IMO. Plus I love not having to micromanage my team AI's stance. At least I would stay low when in danger, except when crossing open zones where I'd go as fast as possible, but I'm not sure yet how to model that. But good points, I'll try to work on it more.

Edited by Robalo

... I love not having to micromanage my team AI's stance. At least I would stay low when in danger, except when crossing open zones where I'd go as fast as possible, but I'm not sure yet how to model that. But good points, I'll try to work on it more.

I agree. I use Gib_Copy_My_Stance quite a lot; switching it off off for one or all units lets them revert back to auto. Haven't yet tried to see if it can override TPWC AIS, it's on an increasingly long list of things to do).

Crossing open spaces is sometimes unavoidable - but SLX_findcover does a pretty good job most of the time for AI leaders. Dunno how it does that, but combining that with a formation switch to delta or file might have interesting possibilities for AI movement especially when there is neither cover nor concealment readily to hand.

So re v1.16 beta 1. I played some quick missions with the 1.16 beta 1, including Hike in the Hills & the Flashpoint mission where I had the odd 'was-joined-and-led' bug - all seems fine now :)

Ran a few more tests with TPWC AIS, TPW_AI_LOS, Sakura_Chan's great new SakuraSun, COSLX (ORC minimal version) & OKT_noblur_94945 - also absolutely perfect.

Great stuff, Arma conflict has never been nearly this good!

Should I replace the userconfig file as well with each new update? I am asking cause Ive added some custom units to the previous version (1.15).

By the way, thank you for the great mod!

If there's a new userconfig in the download, replace it. Bad things can happen otherwise.

Should I replace the userconfig file as well with each new update? I am asking cause Ive added some custom units to the previous version (1.15).

By the way, thank you for the great mod!

Most of the time yes. I'm bumping the version number in userconfig whenever new settings are added to it and you'll get a warning in game if you have an older version.

This at the top of the hpp file:

class asr_ai {
version = 5; // will increment this when structure changes

Best to save your old one, copy over the new then redo your customization. Sorry I don't have a better way for this.

OK, thanks for the answer, and no worries! :)

I am having a problem with this mod, It does improve the AI greatly in combat, and makes them feel more human, however, AI leaders completely ignore waypoints in any mission I create while using this mod, they will move to their first waypoint, move around a bit, and then just stay there and never move for the rest of the mission, it kinda makes this mod unusable as the AI are no longer capable of completing missions. The only other mod I am running converning AI is ACE, but as many people use both, I do not see anyone complaining of this issue, so I do not believe they are incompatible.

@Hyzoran: Make sure no other addon is slipping through. If not, what version of Arma/CBA/ASR_AI are you running? Can you post a repro mission?

Yep, what version ? There was a problem with the first 1.16 beta but I fixed it quickly with 1.16 beta1, perhaps you go that faulty one by any chance ? Mod is 100% ACE compatible (more trouble for me to test it with vanilla, since I use ACE all the time :)

I do believe I have the latest version of ACE, CBA, and ASR_AI according to Sixupdater. ASR is at r16 1.15, Arma 2 CO is at 1.60

more trouble for me to test it with vanilla, since I use ACE all the time :)

And I really appreciate you do that extra effort. Latest ACE drops my FPS too much, and I never was too big of a fan of ACE to begin with. So well, thanks for developing things that do not require ACE, being involved in ACE yourself and all.

I have downloaded the latest 1.16beta1, But the userconfig with that version is just empty, with no text. The asr_ai_settings file are in the userconfig folder, but the file it self is just empty??

Edit: downloaded it again and now the userconfig looks right :-)

Read earlier that asr ai is dac compatible. That's good news as asr is one of my must haves while I've just started using dac which is phenomenal .

Anything I need to adjust to get the best experience and make sure asr always get preference once dac has done moving the units to way points.