Disable "join loners" in userconfig. This function can also break cutscenes.

Hey everyone, looking forward to playing the mod as all the comments here make it sound great.

I just downloaded from armaholic and while the game is loading (while the ACE skull is up) I am getting a missing bracket error.... or missing ] or } i forget.

Have I missed a required addon or did my download get corrupted?

Have you set up the userconfig file?

Well now I'm thinking I havn't!

I put all the files in their places according to the readme. do i have to set some stuff up in the userconfig? (after moving the folder in there)

I'll go over the material again and see if I've missed anything. Incase I don't find anything what should I be doing in the userconfig file?

Well now I'm thinking I havn't!

I put all the files in their places according to the readme. do i have to set some stuff up in the userconfig? (after moving the folder in there)

I'll go over the material again and see if I've missed anything. Incase I don't find anything what should I be doing in the userconfig file?

You don't need to edit the provided userconfig, just put the subfolder in you userconfig folder.

So for some reason, whenever I deactivate ASR AI my game has messed up looking soldiers

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/918991495551111984/BD026393E43E2597C7285B447F7D0D113DAC605B/

And I get this error "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Man.scope'."

Could someone give me a hand? I don't see how deactivating ASR AI does that for me, but it does.

Your game is borked bis time!

Reinstall or check file integrity with steam

So for some reason, whenever I deactivate ASR AI my game has messed up looking soldiers

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/918991495551111984/BD026393E43E2597C7285B447F7D0D113DAC605B/

And I get this error "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Man.scope'."

Could someone give me a hand? I don't see how deactivating ASR AI does that for me, but it does.

I'm not decided yet whether your video is the scariest or funniest thing I've ever seen, but I can't stop laughing so...

Really man, that's some of the craziest thing I've ever saw, at all. Nothing to do with ASR AI, I asure you.

Your game is borked bis time!

Reinstall or check file integrity with steam

Checked file integrity and only one file downloaded, that didn't help me though. I guess I have to play with ASR AI on or check all of my mods.

Checked file integrity and only one file downloaded, that didn't help me though. I guess I have to play with ASR AI on or check all of my mods.

If I were you I would find out what combination of mods (or mod) is doing this as there are probably other things seriously messed up with your game that you may or may not be aware of. It certainly doesn't seem to be ASR AI related other than the fact that ASR AI somehow might be overriding the bogus mod and somewhat "fixing" the issue for you. Easiest way is to run vanilla and test mods one at a time.

Okay don't worry guys, I think I got it. It was either TPW AI LOS and Suppression, or STALKER mod. Likely the STALKER mod.

Okay, i am kind of confused right now.

Does skillfriendly/enemy still work or is the whole ai skill level now arranged at this block (general, commanding?):

aimingAccuracy[] = {0.80, 0.10};

aimingShake[] = {0.90, 0.10};

aimingSpeed[] = {0.70, 0.20};

spotDistance[] = {0.70, 0.30};

spotTime[] = {0.75, 0.20};

endurance[] = {0.70, 0.20};

courage[] = {0.70, 0.20};

reloadSpeed[] = {0.70, 0.20};

commanding[] = {0.70, 0.20};

general[] = {0.70, 0.20};

How exactly does "class USMC { // US Marine Corps coef = 1.0;" work?

IF skillenemy works, what is the "best" value can you choose for the most "intelligent"/hardest AI?

I still don't want them to be aimbotters, i just want them to react as fast/intelligent as possible.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?107526-ASR-AI-Skills&p=1752374&viewfull=1#post1752374

Here i have read about 0.7 is recommended and 0.9 if it feels too easy. Why not choose 1 at all?

Too much impact on game performance?

Hello Robalo, I understand asr_grenadierfix is already integrated right? But I think with recent beta patch, it broke again. Or maybe BIS already fix it officially, so it's no longer needed, maybe?

I think with recent beta patch, it broke again.

Source please?

Hi

It's possible to change the skill of only one unit but not the entire class ?

I hope you can help me.

I might be wrong, but this is how I see it.

Does skillfriendly/enemy still work or is the whole ai skill level now arranged at this block (general, commanding?):

ASR skill works as multplier. Example: If skill is set to 1.0 and ASR accuracy is 0.70 - 0.90 (base 0.80 plus random -0.10 to 0.10) it will be 0.70 - 0.90 ingame, if skill is set to 0.50 ASR will set accuracy to 0.35 - 0.45.

How exactly does "class USMC { // US Marine Corps coef = 1.0;" work?

It's another multiplier. Basically it's to simulate how well trained units are. Both US Army and Takistani Army use same template since both are regulars, but it's rather expected from conscripts to be less trained than profesional soldiers. This coeficient takes care of that, so there's no need for another class. Also you can use it to adjust skills by side rather than Friendly/Enemy, for example if you want US Marines be better trained than CDF soldiers or vice versa. Very useful if 1.60 patch messed up your mission ballance.

Here i have read about 0.7 is recommended and 0.9 if it feels too easy. Why not choose 1 at all?

Nah, it's just matter of choise whatever you like your game pretty hard, hard, or nintendo hard. ASR AI makes AI spot faster, shot more often and over longer ranges, so even setting bellow 0.9 will likely make them more dangerous than vanilla 1.0.

Edited by boota

Just wanted to say thanks for this excellent mod,

I was playing with ASI AI/TPWCAS/TPWLOS and I had to use every trick in the book, for a while I forgot I was fighting against AI!

And here we go again :). skillEnemy and skillFriendly, both have an impact on game performance. They tell the engine how much "thinking" every unit can do, so to speak. It is only noticeable when the system is under stress, either because the CPU is not powerful enough, or the situation requires more resources (urban combat, many AI units, etc.), or both.

Hi

It's possible to change the skill of only one unit but not the entire class ?

I hope you can help me.

That's what skill slider in the editor's unit settings does.

Unless you are a really good player with ASR AI and TPW LOS your friendlies will make you feel like a bystander.

Enemy AI will be too good at spotting and shooting too.

But then again - you set what you are most comfortable with. Some masochists tend to turn Ultra AI on as a bonus.

Do remember one thing - editor's skill slider seems to be much more important than the general setting. It's with it that you can turn even 1.0 AI into a dumb insurgent who will lay down in the middle of the street spraying you in panic. Or an eagle eyed specop leaning back and forth from behind some pillar popping enemies one by one.

Edited by metalcraze

How does this handle the recent AI improvements in the latest official beta patches? Any crashed, bugs?

Do remember one thing - editor's skill slider seems to be much more important than the general setting. It's with it that you can turn even 1.0 AI into a dumb insurgent who will lay down in the middle of the street spraying you in panic. Or an eagle eyed specop leaning back and forth from behind some pillar popping enemies one by one.

Bit confused and curious about this as well. So basically the editor skill slider overules all else or do they just factor off one another? Also, do you know if the weapon precision is still tied into this editor setting?

I can be wrong but based on my observations I think it works like this... If you will open userconfig for ASR AI you will see a lot of stats there. And they are laid out like this - accuracy [0.2, 1]-something. aimingSpeed [0.4, 0.6]. They are min-max values in between which the slider operates. So basically a slider set to a middle position will mean the accuracy of 0.6 and aimingSpeed of 0.5 in the case of such setting for current unit class. Then you multiply each of those settings by the general setting. Like if you have general AI setting at 0.5 that will mean that final accuracy for this current unit will be 0.3 and the final aimingSpeed will be 0.25.

Yeah I simplified it a bit and there are four numbers but the remaining two mean when the slider will reach the minimum and the maximum possible values and beyond which it will have no effect. This is useful when you have an insurgent kind of unit class and don't want it to have an accuracy more than 0.5 but still want to up other values with the editor slider.

Of course feel free to correct me.

Edited by metalcraze

The range of values you find in the ASR_AI config is the range the mod will put the skills of the unit/class in. There is always a random value added to the base values. The editor slider is just another factor in the formula like the base values in the user config.

hello

it's possible to change the skill of a unit but not the entire class ?