Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

ArmA2:Oa Patch 1.54 released!

Patch wont install. BAF installed.

ArmA 2 OA: Updating version 1.52 to version 1.54...

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\AIR_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\AIR_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\ANIMALS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\CA_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\DUBBINGRADIO_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\MISC_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\MISSIONS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.53-1.54\EXPANSION\ADDONS\MISSIONS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.53-1.54\EXPANSION\ADDONS\MISSIONS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

I ran the game after installing BAF, and it told me I needed 1.54 :(

Maybe you're still running the beta?

I like the new multiplayer browser screen very much...now we can see player names again and playing time...I also like the new engineer functions. There are also new PMC models in high res in this patch. The change to make MAAWS rockets take 3 inventory slots is also a well decission taking into account how big the real rounds are.

Edited by Beagle

I ran the game after installing BAF, and it told me I needed 1.54 :(

From the sprocket BAF page:

"A2:BAF requires A2:Operation Arrowhead to be patched to version 1.54.

You can download it from this sprocket exclusive mirror or from other mirrors on the Official site"

So it seems the patch isn't included with the BAF download.

BAF Lite is designed specifically with dedicated servers in mind, 1.54 will be enough for your needs.

RiE

Thanks, I also wondered if I would need to install the full BAF to our server!

@])rStrangelove better solution is what I said - at least DLC content hidden/not available for non DLC users and a clear description in mission selection/mp browser incl. DLC content warning.

Nope, sorry. Your 'solution' is just hitting 30% of the BIS community on the head with a large wooden hammer and after being asked WHY telling them to go forth and f**kin buy the DLC.

Not a smart move if you care for the ppl. And thats exactly the message BIS gave here: yes they need to make some cash but also care for the community.

Fact. And plz excuse me i'm busy DLing my fullHD British Armed Forces muhahaha. :D

After thinking on the implications of BIS solution to the DLC problem in a long-time scenario and i had to say that i don't think that this is a good solution, let me explain:

One of the most appreciated feature of BIS games has been the high quality graphics, almost all the reviews of arma II says that the graphics are simply beautiful, but now we have this patch, with DLC compatibility, that adds ugly soldiers and veicles to the game. Now, lets try to imagine the situation that we could have with 4 more DLCs on MP( BIS said when the DLC were announced that they want to try the response of the community with BAF to the DLCs, and i can assume that if the answer is good, they will release more DLCs in the future).

If you haven't bought the DLCs and you join to a server who uses 3 or 4 of them you will have tons of soldiers and vehicles with very very low quality, an island with high quality textures, and a few soldiers with high quality too. ¿Who wants to play a game that looks like so strange? I know that gameplay is also important, but if BIS wants to offer a good experience and find new customers they need to find another solution to keep the high quality graphics on the game, or at least that's my point of view...

Patch wont install. BAF installed.

I had a similar problem with my wheeled and air_E pbo's, but I had also tampered with the textures in these files so I think that is it..you may need to reinstall the game.

Hmm. Just installed BAF DLC on top of 1.52 . On menu screen my Arma2 version is still showing as 1.52.72816.... thought it was supposed to update everyrthing to 1.54?

sorry if I'm being a bit special:confused::confused:

I also get the 1.54 error on startup:

Edited by Mandrake5

I had a similar problem with my wheeled and air_E pbo's, but I had also tampered with the textures in these files so I think that is it..you may need to reinstall the game.

IMO the patch must be installed before the DLC. Not the contrary.

come on someone around here has to have some word on the damn Steam update?

very tempted to buy combined ops from somewhere else, but feels like $50 for a game i already have wasted, so many problems with ArmA via steam

BAF installed with no errors, but it's not working. It's showing it's loaded, but my game version is still 1.52 and while the Shapur map is available, none of the units are. Also got the CAAAir_Badsomething needs something error.

This is with the DVD CO install...

BIS has said several times the DLC doesn't require the patch. and apparently that was totally wrong. :)

Edited by kylania

Did any solution pop up for the Sprocket-Version of the game? I cannot install without errors and cannot connect to 1.54 servers, because of unsigned addons (namely the missions.pbo).

i get this errors while updating :

ARMA2 OA

ArmA 2 OA: Updating version 1.52 to version 1.54...

Update 1.52-1.53\EXPANSION\ADDONS\MISSIONS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

i have the dl version and it runs fine but i have no idea what this error means.

any hints what to do?

if reinstall can someone explain how to save my settings ?

Only I don't have the DLC just the patch, wink...though this error is nothing new, Arma2 itself was giving me this problem when I was changing the textures on humvee's and later tried to patch, it basicly said things didn't match up so it refused to update them.

yep summat's definitely a little queer with the direct BAF install.

Not only am I still at 1.52.72816 but the BAF campaign is not listed.... reckon I may as well try the 1.54 patch now???

Is there any other solutions for those above errors, I have to download the whole OA again if i need to reinstall it? I installed BAF first, then I got the errors from 1.54 patch and also after uninstalling BAF, I still get the error. And I have tried to download the patch from different source.

if reinstall can someone explain how to save my settings ?

Reinstalling DOES NOT resolve this patching issues. If you want to backup your profile though (because you will have to reinstall anyway to properly apply the patch), just backup the ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 Other Profiles folder in your Documents-Folder. On my machine, these folders did not get deleted upon deinstalling anyway.

Only I don't have the DLC just the patch, wink...though this error is nothing new, Arma2 itself was giving me this problem when I was changing the textures on humvee's and later tried to patch, it basicly said things didn't match up so it refused to update them.

In fact i was replying to the quote of Seitan you made in your post, i admit it's a little confusing :o

In fact i was replying to the quote of Seitan you made in your post, i admit it's a little confusing :o

Ah woops, I didn't even think of that..haven't been awake for long.

I reinstalled my game and the updater didn't give me any fuss on my files.. Also am able to use the island, units and hey my nosplash screen now has a picture, neat how they decided to go with green FLIR for the warrior instead of monochrome.

Edited by NodUnit

New "backpack" with class "IED_placement_BAF". Anyone figured out how to use it? Invisible model, and don't give any actions when given to player. British backpacks are not showing up in editor under backpacks though.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Soo, are you even going to give it to us. Released the patch like 1 day ago and still not on Steam. Are you going to make us wait for 7 hours more?

Nice customer support guys, really nice.. :mad:

Soo, are you even going to give it to us. Released the patch like 1 day ago and still not on Steam. Are you going to make us wait for 7 hours more?

Nice customer support guys, really nice.. :mad:

It was released right now, you troll!