What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Are you reworking the sonic snaps further, Jarhead? The distant ones are finally perfect in my opinion (except for the Dshkm rounds not using the new M2 sounds), and the close ones have been good for a long time, of course.

The sounds in those videos seems very subdued and volume-controlled so as not to deafen news viewers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZM29Zp8UW4&feature=mh_lolz&list=PL48C20FFBCD24FA3D

This short video has some loud ones at the beginning.

good to hear LJ

and THIS is giving me a nice new idea... he he he... (dirty laugh)

Butchered my language, the poster above has. Yes, hmmm..... :don 14:

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

Thanks for the Videos, but I searching for something sounding more like a shoot from several hundred meters away. These sounds are more like snaps, high pithed.... but thanks for your effort!

Maybe something like these typical background war sounds... combat areas or stuff like that...

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

LordJarhead,i have a few presents for you, may be useful.

(and PKP has similar sound)

your 5,45 mm caliber AK's sounds should be reworked, they're totally wrong

Saiga sound

M -110

PKT on BMP - 2 sound is a lot more soft

BTR - 80, fires with KPVT and PKT

And following links will be very useful for you i hope

Another 2a42

Also,

1)YaKB shooting sounds should be more loud, when listening them from back

2)Real Abrams engine sound is a bit more low for my hearing.

3)too much bass for machine guns

4)BAF l85 sound is more realistic IMO

Great job anyway

Edited by woore

You realize a good portion of those videos are in 240p? The sounds for the majority of those are atrocious as well, the way the weapons are set up right now are decent. Only thing I wish would be tweaked is the M240 and the M60.

Edited by Sif

Sound quality isn't strongly dependent from video resolution.My opinion is to use as sources custom videos, because professionaly-made videos usually modified with volume normalization, equalising, etc. I hope Jarhead still can use them. Also, there is no one high - quality video with sounds of russian vehicles, because soldier in RA must have official permission from officers of combat unit to make ANY video about vehicles and weapons. And a good camera, but unlikely Russian soldier will take along to army even a medium-quality camera

The main problem will be background music in several videos i suppose

Edited by woore

Sound quality isn't strongly dependent from video resolution.My opinion is to use as sources custom videos, because professionaly-made videos usually modified with volume normalization, equalising, etc. I hope Jarhead still can use them. Also, there is no one high - quality video with sounds of russian vehicles, because soldier in RA must have official permission from officers of combat unit to make ANY video about vehicles and weapons. And a good camera, but unlikely Russian soldier will take along to army even a medium-quality camera

The main problem will be background music in several videos i suppose

russian vehicles: Well, may vehicles reached a status I never thought they could. I love them and my work I did. Its one of the best parts of JSRS in my opinion.

background music: I remember this one video on YT of the Moderised BTR on the range, shooting the main and coax guns. I was totally frustrated after hearing these awesome nice sounds, ruined by this stupid shit background music... since this day, I always close a video when hearing music, I don't even want to know which nice sounds are gets ruined this time^^

Thanks for the bunch of video, I maybe can use some of these, not for JSRS, because I don't want to rework any sounds, just make it done. But maybe for PZ or other stuff. Thanks alot guys!

Jarhead

Just wanted to say thanks, Jarhead. This is one of only a handful of addons I literally will not play without.

Hey LordJarhead

Are you still planning a YOMA repo?

Just wanted to say thanks, Jarhead. This is one of only a handful of addons I literally will not play without.

Thanks mate, nice to see you jumed in ;) Ya, me too he he...

Hey LordJarhead

Are you still planning a YOMA repo?

No, there will be no YOMA, KH don't support this anymore and we have nice direct links or SixUp. Sry mate!

Something else:

I know you probably already totally annoyed and finally want to have the new version. I also know, well, I have you already promised to release a few days ago. Unfortunately, Im quite a bit sluggish at the moment. I have to work a lot (today 16 hours) and only rarely come to sit at the computer for a few hours. Therefore, I must again appeal to your patience. I know its shit...

Jarhead

Glad to see the update to JSRS, Jarhead.

JSRS is the only soundmod I use, by far, my favourite one!

Thanks mate, nice to see you jumed in ;) Ya, me too he he...

No, there will be no YOMA, KH don't support this anymore and we have nice direct links or SixUp. Sry mate!

Something else:

I know you probably already totally annoyed and finally want to have the new version. I also know, well, I have you already promised to release a few days ago. Unfortunately, Im quite a bit sluggish at the moment. I have to work a lot (today 16 hours) and only rarely come to sit at the computer for a few hours. Therefore, I must again appeal to your patience. I know its shit...

Jarhead

I'm sure we all don't mind waiting, it's definitely worth it. I am impressed at the speed you are cranking this out. Keep up the good work man. :)

Any idea why clients who are not running JSRS are getting RPT errors from MP play?

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_l110a1\dry.wss'

Thats strange, because wihtout JSRS there shouldn't be any config which named this class or entries. Only thing would be, that you may have an hiden jsrs config somewhere in one of your Addonfolders, or maybe another addon which is using these entries.

I guess another Soundmod causing this, like RWS which is unintentional using my configs or stuff like this. So maybe you disable one by one and see which is causing this.

Jarhead

No, it's not just JSRS. The errors seem to occur only for dry fire sounds. And the error encompasses various soundmods. It seems strange that 4 different soundmods have errors with the dry fire entry broadcasting in MP. I think there might be a link in the entry itself.

No, it's not just JSRS. The errors seem to occur only for dry fire sounds. And the error encompasses various soundmods. It seems strange that 4 different soundmods have errors with the dry fire entry broadcasting in MP. I think there might be a link in the entry itself.

I guess its another sounds mod which is using my configs and the author forgot to change the entries to there folders! Thats the easiest why to explain this error. Thanks for the information mate!

Jarhead

hey jarhead..I don't know your future plans but here are some explosions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo73i325o-c

Ha ha, thanks mate^^ I'll take a look in this, but I already have what I need for my future projects :) Maybe there're some nice ones in it, gonna check.

Jarhead

Ha ha, thanks mate^^ I'll take a look in this, but I already have what I need for my future projects :) Maybe there're some nice ones in it, gonna check.

Jarhead

actually they're not that great if I listen to 'em the second time (the vid I mean)