What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Sad thing here is that most guys loving this mod don´t even know what a .rpt is ... they´ll never see or understand the many wrongs this soundmod has carried over since it´s initial release. Instead of adding new sounds Jarhead should focus on fixing the errors that render his mod useless for any knowing player. Either that, or he must accept it´s going to be avoided by a lot of people - simple as that.

Never said it out loud because you see, he´s a bit thin skinned when it comes to feedback, so nothing against you Jarhead, but truth can´t always smell like roses.

Personally i´d be quite upset if it was my own work which is going to shits because of it´s unnecessary glitches.

We start slagging people off for not producing military graded tested work and they will stop producing the mods.

His mod causes massive issues.

His mod is popular.

So either communities will just have to straight up deny people using his mod (which UO has been trying to do against massive community pressure) or he can fix his stuff.

Its not hard, most of his bugs are pretty simple to fix. He has even been offered to have them fixed for him (which he has turned down).

I'm very well aware of what an RPT is and the only error related to JSRS 1.3 that I have seen so far is one FFAR sound. I remove the FFAR pbos and I don't have any more spamming.

Like what? I don't see the massive issues his mod causes.

... he´s a bit thin skinned when it comes to feedback...

I guess thats the fact... you are right with that point :(

I am a sound modder. My focus is primarily on the sound and, sadly, not enough on the configs... sure, I know about the errors rexehuk posted. They're fixed already, but I was't able to release the new version with those fixes.

There are so much other things in my head I have to get rid of sometimes. Another soundmod, new effects, all things like this. And at the end I see the error reports and say: Oh fuck, I totally forgot about this shit! I was totally focuesd on new things I wanted to deliver to the community...

Sure, you right... I should calm down...

I'm very well aware of what an RPT is and the only error related to JSRS 1.3 that I have seen so far is one FFAR sound. I remove the FFAR pbos and I don't have any more spamming.

Like what? I don't see the massive issues his mod causes.

Since its a sound mod it should be interacting clientside only.

This is not the case. You see JSRS RPT errors on clients and servers not running the mod.

If we wanted to mitigate it we would have to require JSRS. That is not going to happen. I prefer ACEX_SM (mainly because I have access to it, and I think, in my opinion, it sounds better).

Jarhead, you can test MP. Start a dedicated server, start two clients. Done.

I wonder if all the server side folk posting and are now coming out of the woodwork to "chip in" on the slanging band waggon might not make it better in some way.

IE: You know the RPT is bad, you also now know Jarhead is no scripter but strong in the source of sound dept, and you also know that becuase of his strength in this sound sourcing and sound updating dept that its of this that its popular but still RPT issue.

So, what's left? Well ... clearly config and testers. So would any of the people mainly having a go that know about .RPT and this area like to step up and assist on the area that its clear Jarhead isn't so strong at?

Maybe a middle ground for beta testers to check this area? You could say Jarhead may have made a rod for his back in scale so far and testing/

I think fair points all round, but if all you can do is have a go and threat to pull and "telling other to pull" then jump on it too to say the same things, but no one offers to assist, then, can it really be soley blamed on Jarhead not potentially giving a shit? I haven't seen anywhere that Jarhead has stated he doesn't care, I just think you have a clash of codies vs artistic audiophiles.

Maybe a meeting in the middle would work?

Obviously its established MP .Rpt spamming issues, but I can see both sides, I can understand Jarhead enthusiasm to get things out with as much content as possible, then I also can see how not attending early on can open a long can of config worms too, but, as said not being a codey should at least be taken into consideration, as opposed to being a kid and not giving a stuff.

Edited by mrcash2009

He has denied help in the past on the stuff he admits he has issues with mrcash.

He has denied help in the past on the stuff he admits he has issues with mrcash.
Then Jarhead, you need a slap my friend :)

You cant do it all on your own mate! :)

Again I dont know background conversations to this, but if that is the case then points taken.

@Jarhead ... are you just wanting to get as much covered as possible and THEN get the boys in to fix issues? Do you beta test before release, I assumed you did, is this not the case? Your getting popular and the mod is getting bigger and bigger, it might be time to get on the case and get MP servers to pre test I would say.

A house built on rocky foundation and all that, dont let it haunt you later on :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Thanks for the words everyone... and the negative words too!

Sure I denied help in past! I know about that clearly, at that time, kju was looking and fixing all my config stuff, so I thought I might don't need any further help. And yes, we made beta testing phase. Yes, there were a lot of errors, most of I fixed, but while the beta was running (about one week) I also was editing new stuff already... The beta was over, I had a long list, I fixed most of them I just missed one, two or more points... So I released the mod as 1.3. Most people was happy about it, than the first errors appears (the same again like in the Beta, so I though: FUCK! I MISSED IT!) and than I told you, I will just collect all error which may appear, fix them and bring 1.32!

And that is what I doing all the time since the release of 1.3. And I remember that rexehuk errors were one of the first I fixed...

Sure, this mod HAS TO BE client side only... this is shit with the apearing errors. But I never knew about this, I heard about something like this the first time when Hellfire told me about some dry.wss errors, two days ago...

My biggest problem is, I am not a player! I never played Arma2 in MP or so. Just hanging around in the editor to test some sounds or stuff like this...

I can only suggest you pull J.S.R.S. form the severs, or what ever, until this is fixed. But it'll take a long time. This time I will first make everything DONE I want to make. All vehicles and such crap, then a long week of beta testing, then fixing those last RPT and getting rid of all this... and then I can finally release the 1.32...

Until this I only can say sry for my inexperience in this stuff, never heard about those errors, only since two days ago or so... :)

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Respect!

Well, I'm willing to help you with beta testing if you want help.

I love your sound mod and I hate messages in RPT files, ether client and / or server.

I won't probably find all errors, but I can find some of them for you.

I can only suggest you pull J.S.R.S. form the severs, or what ever, until this is fixed. But it'll take a long time. This time I will first make everything DONE I want to make. All vehicles and such crap, then a long week of beta testing, then fixing those last RPT and getting rid of all this... and then I can finally release the 1.32...

I'd strongly suggest that you just make a small patch that fixes some config errors (configs are very small in size so it won't take long to upload), then you can focus on some new sounds, reworking sounds, etc.

... I prefer ACEX_SM (mainly because I have access to it, and I think, in my opinion, it sounds better)...

Do you really had to mention this at that point mate?^^ This is really giving my motivation a boost ha ha ha... na, jokin'!

Yes, thanks NoBrainer! If you (you all I mean) would be albe to post all RPT's again to me, so I maybe can sort them and find ALL errors? Then looking into my JSRS, if I fixed them all. Then releasing this stuff as fast as possible... after an Beta... of course...

All not-working ingame sounds (but with existing PBO) are fixed so far! I can say this for sure (in most cases ^^) The CH47-Alarm and the AAVP-Low I have fixed. The FFAR I cannot fix, I don't know exactly why the game I crashing while shooting this stuff... it can't be the sound, but I will check this!

And Thanks for any help! I know I'm a bit strange sometimes.... :j:

I'd strongly suggest that you just make a small patch that fixes some config errors (configs are very small in size so it won't take long to upload), then you can focus on some new sounds, reworking sounds, etc.

I guess that would be the best Idea... I hate this patching stuff, people are asking how to get this to run and so, I wanted to make it as easy as it could be... well, then this way...

Jarhead

Good chin LJ, great to see you roll with the punches :)

Just keep up the good work. You really do make one of the finest soundmods out there but as you know, it needs a bit of polish and love. I'm anxiously waiting for that 1.32 release, so I can finally make the switch permanently. If you ever need additional Beta testers, do let me know - Available most days and I play ArmA every day basically, so I'd probably spot a thing or two. Just keep up the steam and you'll soon reap the rewards of your hard work :D

I do agree though, you should definitely release smaller patches for both the errors and new / missing sound-effects, I'm sure people would appreciate that. Then do a 'complete' package, possibly 1.4 when everything has been ironed out :)

Yes, thanks NoBrainer! If you (you all I mean) would be albe to post all RPT's again to me, so I maybe can sort them and find ALL errors? Then looking into my JSRS, if I fixed them all. Then releasing this stuff as fast as possible... after an Beta... of course...

would you like RPT's here or PM?

How do you like it? He he, post it staight here, so everyone can read it and remind me if I missed anything...

Jarhead

PS: Uploading the patch now... could take a while... I-net is really slow on my side :(

I might have a request for you... Would it be possible that you can provide even the vehicles when reporting a vanilla sound für vehicleweapons? There are some differences between AGS30 or 70, M2 on US, USMC or BAF and so on. Would be really appreciated

Edited by LordJarhead

ah, great.

Then I wait for the patch and see if I can find some small left-overs....

Appreciate your hard work!

How do you like it? He he, post it staight here, so everyone can read it and remind me if I missed anything...

Jarhead

PS: Uploading the patch now... could take a while... I-net is really slow on my side :(

I might have a request for you... Would it be possible that you can provide even the vehicles when reporting a vanilla sound für vehicleweapons? There are some differences between AGS30 or 70, M2 on US, USMC or BAF and so on. Would be really appreciated

patch size ?

ah, great.

Then I wait for the patch and see if I can find some small left-overs....

Appreciate your hard work!

Then you will be sure to find some, he he. I just put some small stuff together, hope I get to the right spots.

Including followings:

A10_c.pbo, AAVP_c.pbo, CH47.pbo and _c.pbo, F35B_c.pbo, Su25.pbo and _c.pbo, Su34_c.pbo, ags_c.pbo, AT5Launchers_c.pbo, Flares.pbo and _c.pbo, Gau8.pbo and _c.pbo, Kord_c.pbo, M197.pbo and _c.pbo, mrls.pbo and _c.pbo, Tow_c.pbo, vstinger_c.pbo.

Do me a favour: If you don't want to delete any of those sounds, please: ONLY DELETE THE _c.pbo FILES! This is importand, because several _c.pbo rely on some other named .pbo!

Thanks again for your time.

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

patch size ?

~26 mb ;) Time for Up: ~ 45 Minutes Oo

Did you add a sound for the currently soundless HK417 <Some version> I believe it was

Not in this patch. Do you downloaded the new ACE pack I released in past? take a look into the downloads... But I was not sure if I really covered all of them...

here you go: ACE HK416/17 Pack

Jarhead

EDIT: Its uploaded but have to be managed by KH! I cant reach Jman, so I guess we wait till tomorrow...

Thanks,

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Jarhead, not to stoke the fire, but with all the thread bashing thats been going on in here today. Can i ask why you dont ask for help when it comes to the config side of the mod?

Its a shame the more nerdy people in the clan have pulled the mod from our server as i enjoyed the sounds.

What can I do? I uploading the Patch right now and hope to get rid of some of the errors. Than you can test it again. If there is any new Error whici appears, PLEASE, Help as you can! Sure I want to get helped! But I don't want to let several fingers playing around in my stuff...

I'm just a little self-centered in terms of my mod, I guess... And what could they do differently? Of course, a lot! If I know which config or file is causing an error (which can be easily find out by looking into the RPT) I can also fix the spot. The RPT also says most of enough already!

Except for the client-cross thing, because I have no clue on this! I've looked through the L110A1 exactly! Do not know why this might be.

Moreover, kju was always a nice help and I guess he would put his magic hands on my configs again... but first lets wait for the patch and than we see what errors are still there...

Jarhead

EDIT: Its uploaded but have to be managed by KH!

eh is this the Kellys Heros Yoma repository?

If it is, then I have been looking in the wrong places for the patch.

eh is this the Kellys Heros Yoma repository?

If it is, then I have been looking in the wrong places for the patch.

KH don't support Yoma any more mate. They're using SixUp for theire loads. So we have to wait for a Directlink Jman will post here!

Thanks,

Jarhead

Forgot to check if you had an AA-12 sound yet, but there's a really good one in this video:

at about 27 seconds.