What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Well, all of them are just Gamesounds already, would be hard to make them useable or let them reach the qualtity I want to work with in future. Maybe something for a new SM or so, someone who's looking for sources or stuff like this...

but in my case, I have alot of explosions are weapons (mostly field recordings) so I will not use this. But thanks for your effort mate!

Jarhead

Jarhead, is your To Do List up to date? Because if you're going to change the volumes of sonic cracks, I'd rather you make the 7.62mm louder. Don't make 5.56mm any softer, please.

Also, don't forget about giving the DShKm the same beautiful snaps as the M2. :p

I guess its another sounds mod which is using my configs and the author forgot to change the entries to there folders! Thats the easiest why to explain this error. Thanks for the information mate!

Jarhead

Ha! We're still not on the same page! :D

Basically, I was given the RPT of one of HC's members, and it will filled with errors from various soundmods each one relating to the dryfire sound of a given weapon. The client was not running any soundmods.

The problem seems to be related specifically to the entry for dryfire sounds across the board and not just for x soundmod. The command for the dryfire sounds to be played is being broadcast in MP along with the path to the sound, making the clients look for that sound file in a non-existing PBO. When the engine cannot find that PBO, it writes the error.

I dug a little deeper this afternoon, and I initially thought it might be because the entry for the dryfire belongs in the superclass rather than the class itself. This would make sense as most of the errors were for weapons which inherit from a superclass which already has a dryfire sound assigned. However I couldn't find any conclusive evidence for it and eventually found it to not be related.

I'll see what else I can find and let you know how I get on.

Ha! We're still not on the same page! :D

Basically, I was given the RPT of one of HC's members, and it will filled with errors from various soundmods each one relating to the dryfire sound of a given weapon. The client was not running any soundmods.

The problem seems to be related specifically to the entry for dryfire sounds across the board and not just for x soundmod. The command for the dryfire sounds to be played is being broadcast in MP along with the path to the sound, making the clients look for that sound file in a non-existing PBO. When the engine cannot find that PBO, it writes the error.

I dug a little deeper this afternoon, and I initially thought it might be because the entry for the dryfire belongs in the superclass rather than the class itself. This would make sense as most of the errors were for weapons which inherit from a superclass which already has a dryfire sound assigned. However I couldn't find any conclusive evidence for it and eventually found it to not be related.

I'll see what else I can find and let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the info mate! With the soundmods was just my first thought while hearing this...

Could you maybe send me the RPT to look into...?

Jarhead

Hey quick question.

Are the following supposed to have new sounds:

- M134 (minigun on little bird, blackhawk, etc)

- SPG9

- Metis (Static and on BRDM2)

They still sound like the vanilla variants in 1.3 for myself.

I'll give you some RPT.............

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_ch47\alarm.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_aavp\ext_low.wss'

Hopefully I've made my point. I think we'll have to pull your mod from our community as the RPT spam is quite bad as is spilling over to other users including our dedicated server who's RPT is filling with your errors.

It's an ok soundmod, but the lack of testing is seriously disappointing.

P.s. If I was really mean I would of tried to paste all 20,000+ lines of the error.

Edited by W0lle
It's not necessary to paste 721 rpt lines in here

Couldn't you put it in code tags? :)

;1953943']Couldn't you put it in code tags? :)

Wouldn't of had quite the same dramatic effect no?

Bored of checking server or client issues and finding this garbage pasted over the walls. Especially when I'm reading direct RPT from dedicated server live while playing to read certain data output, only to find this is taking up 99% of the write time.

Wouldn't of had quite the same dramatic effect no?

The moderators find it "dramatic" when you forget to remove the image tags from a quoted post, so good luck to you.

love all the sounds especially the sonic cracks although they ar way too quiet. Please make ALL sonic cracks 2-3x as loud, as they are breaking the sound barrier and would be very deafening.

love all the sounds especially the sonic cracks although they ar way too quiet. Please make ALL sonic cracks 2-3x as loud, as they are breaking the sound barrier and would be very deafening.

Make them any louder and you would just get static and silly sounding battles. Bullet bow shockwaves are not as loud as the gunshots that create them. That's why suppressors make guns quieter.

Make them any louder and you would just get static and silly sounding battles. Bullet bow shockwaves are not as loud as the gunshots that create them. That's why suppressors make guns quieter.

Ahh, not exactly I guess. It depends on what types of ammunition is fired. Supersonic ammunition of course, causes a crack. It is, however, always depends on how close you are to the crack. SD weapons used in most cases SD ammo which is Subsonic. They fly much slower or even close on under the bridge.

I have heard from many soldiers, they were standing next to theire comrades and shot and all that was no problem. When the enemy fire came, and a tight ball flew past his ear, he was totally deaf.

We should not underestimate it! Just bigger caliber like the 762x51 or 54 can destroy your hearing for ever. Of course, the weapon, which losses the ball is basically also really loud, but only in the mouth area because the shockwave takes a quick way out in the front.

Whatever. We can still argue about it forever. We are players and only the real soldiers know how it is. And they have certainly the snout full of them and hate this shit, getting shot at! Moreover, this is still a game! And no player with a headset would be pleased which 3 times louder Cracks I guess^^.

I make the bigger rounds a bit louder, because they are bigger. The 762 for example are really getting 1-2 times louder. But this should be enough.

I'll give you some RPT.............

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_ch47\alarm.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_aavp\ext_low.wss'

Hopefully I've made my point. I think we'll have to pull your mod from our community as the RPT spam is quite bad as is spilling over to other users including our dedicated server who's RPT is filling with your errors.

It's an ok soundmod, but the lack of testing is seriously disappointing.

P.s. If I was really mean I would of tried to paste all 20,000+ lines of the error.

Sure, no problem. There are several other Soundmods you are free to use mate! I would guess they're not spam youre RPT's^^ Check RWS or SOA, they're really good! I don't had the time to fix everything and reworking some stuff at the same time... so, I apologize that I not wasting my free time to look after it and make you feel not disappointed. A simple note would have sufficed. But no one here has the right to make me stupid! I have been working on this mod for a long time. And I can safely assert that I have always done good support! Let your frustrations on your family if you must, but not here! I'm sry mate, but please, pull my mod from your community!

Hopefully I've made my point!

Jarhead

This got burried from the recent posts.

Hey quick question.

Are the following supposed to have new sounds:

- M134 (minigun on little bird, blackhawk, etc)

- SPG9

- Metis (Static and on BRDM2)

They still sound like the vanilla variants in 1.3 for myself.

This got burried from the recent posts.

Sry GossamerSolid, I forgot about that^^

Yes, the SPG9 and the Metis (I think) are fixed. But I can not bring the M134 to run. The config doesn't work or something like that. I have some good sounds for this thing!

Jarhead

Sry GossamerSolid, I forgot about that^^

Yes, the SPG9 and the Metis (I think) are fixed. But I can not bring the M134 to run. The config doesn't work or something like that. I have some good sounds for this thing!

Jarhead

So the SPG9 and metis are fixed for next version? I know the infantry held Metis has the custom sound, just not the BRDM2 one and the Static one. I think the SPG9 doesn't have a new sound for me because I can't find any pbo containing the SPG9, might have forgotten to add it in to 1.3?

I looked at the M134 config you have there and I can't seem to see what the issue is with it either. If it helps, I believe ACE SM has a working M134 new sound, might wanna see what their config looks like.

BTW, I love the new A-10 GAU8 sounds (plus the fact that it's now full auto) and I love the new Su-25 engine sounds.

Small suggestion though, can you make the AH-1Z's cannon have the AH-64's cannon sound for a placeholder at least. The M197's default sound is sooo weak compared to all your other sounds :)

Edited by GossamerSolid

Sure, no problem. There are several other Soundmods you are free to use mate! I would guess they're not spam youre RPT's^^ Check RWS or SOA, they're really good! I don't had the time to fix everything and reworking some stuff at the same time... so, I apologize that I not wasting my free time to look after it and make you feel not disappointed. A simple note would have sufficed. But no one here has the right to make me stupid! I have been working on this mod for a long time. And I can safely assert that I have always done good support! Let your frustrations on your family if you must, but not here! I'm sry mate, but please, pull my mod from your community!

Hopefully I've made my point!

Jarhead

Made your point enough to tell me that you don't care about what you release... As I said it's a good soundmod, the fact there is such a lack of testing is what I am ranting about.

Sure I understand your ignorance, I suspect you are a youngling with the world ahead of you and don't have a software testing background, as such you do not understand the issues I raise and their importance.

As requested I will pull your mod... and pass word to the other communities I'm in daily contact with. United Operations has already pulled your mod... now you've lost another 40 or so, but hey maybe that's a long term plan:rolleyes:.

Wish you all the best,

Rob

Edited by rexehuk

Rob the tune makes the music and yours doesn't fit the situation - sorry to say.

Nothing wrong about criticizing the config issues present.

Nothing special to JSRS though. You find it in every sound mod.

This should give you an idea where to look for the reasons.

Rob the tune makes the music and yours doesn't fit the situation - sorry to say.

Nothing wrong about criticizing the config issues present.

Nothing special to JSRS though. You find it in every sound mod.

This should give you an idea where to look for the reasons.

Couldn't agree more KJU, the fact is that I know RWS for example used JSRS configs for his basis... so yes it has a huge knockon effect from one person not caring.

Anyway, I'll leave the thread, my position is now known and I wish him all the best in the future towards fixing the issues etc.

Made your point enough to tell me that you don't care about what you release... As I said it's a good soundmod, the fact there is such a lack of testing is what I am ranting about.

Sure I understand your ignorance, I suspect you are a youngling with the world ahead of you and don't have a software testing background, as such you do not understand the issues I raise and their importance.

As requested I will pull your mod... and pass word to the other communities I'm in daily contact with. :rolleyes:.

Wish you all the best,

Rob

I really care about the stuff I release mate! But I'm not a scripter, I don't have much knowledge about configs, and I'm not a player, I don't have the ability to test the mod in MP like I should! I know. And this is no ignorance, I know how importand these errors are, how importand it is to fix them! But its not my duty to fix something or work all the time for the community... Its just my Hobby! Or maybe it was.... :(

and pass word to the other communities I'm in daily contact with.

You threaten me here! What the hell, maybe you should not treat me like an idiot, or like a youngling. A simple remark or an indication that it is very important that this getting fixed, would have served perfectly!

But here, you let your frustration out on me. And thats not right, I guess. Or is this the way you handle things around here? I apologize if I'm stepping on anyone's feet. But I must also justify myself sometimes. And such an act as you did now, is not ok! If someone writes something like you did, totally annoyed, I can not probably be the one who nods his head and says "yes!". Then all would come along and treat me like that! Did I have to be the one who getting hit for shit happends?

But hey, stop this shit. Bad confrontation at all...

Someone told me a long fucking time ago, that this community is an exhausting community.

Once again I was disappointed. And again I ask myself the question: Is it worth it to sacrifice your freetime?

I'm sorry, but this was really too much for me!

Edited by LordJarhead

Meh don't worry about what he has to say,

We support JSRS fully and so do a lot of other communities. If certain communities do not want to use your stuff, then that's good for them.

I wouldn't let it bother you, your work is pretty damn good.

Agree with Gossamer - as someone who reads through this forum and particularly the addons sections on a daily basis I can say that every indication is that JSRS is generally considered the best and therefore most widely used sound mod for Arma 2, and has been pretty much since initial release.

I think rexehuk could have made his point a lot more constructively.

lulzzz (multiple z's cause it has to be 5 characters)

Agree with Gossamer - as someone who reads through this forum and particularly the addons sections on a daily basis I can say that every indication is that JSRS is generally considered the best and therefore most widely used sound mod for Arma 2, and has been pretty much since initial release.

I think rexehuk could have made his point a lot more constructively.

It'll be the best when it's actually a complete package, no vanilla or missing sounds left :P Can't wait for that day to arrive, then I'm back on board.

As requested I will pull your mod... and pass word to the other communities I'm in daily contact with. United Operations has already pulled your mod... now you've lost another 40 or so, but hey maybe that's a long term plan:rolleyes:.

Wish you all the best,

Rob

I've got his address if you want it ? PM for the Fee :bounce3:

Oh my - this is all getting a bit out of hand! There are a ton of people out there dedicating their time and efforts to provide enhancements to this game for free. It is rare to find a mod that doesn't have some problems.

At the end of the day it is also down to us, the community, and eager benefactors of these excellent mods to test and report back with errors. From my limited time here in BI land I can see that LJ takes all these things on board and provides regular updates.

We start slagging people off for not producing military graded tested work and they will stop producing the mods.