What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Impressive work LJ!

And I must say thanks to all helping LJ with this.

//for vehicles
insideSoundCoef = 0.5;
outsideSoundFilter = 0;
occludeSoundsWhenIn = 0.316228;
obstructSoundsWhenIn = 0.562341;
obstructSoundLFRatio = 0;
occludeSoundLFRatio = 0.25;

Especially insideSoundCoef you should look into LJ. :bounce3:

Because these sounds do not give in MOD ACEX_SM and thus only 1 mod sound activated?

I do not understand that if I use mods activate one or another sound mod .. Ahem .. ACEX_SM active mod ok, I can activate jsrs_ACE without problems?

Jman;1937312']Fixed ACE HK sounds download

(previous link now offline)

Thanks Jman ;)

//for vehicles
insideSoundCoef = 0.5;
outsideSoundFilter = 0;
occludeSoundsWhenIn = 0.316228;
obstructSoundsWhenIn = 0.562341;
obstructSoundLFRatio = 0;
occludeSoundLFRatio = 0.25;

Especially insideSoundCoef you should look into LJ. :bounce3:

Hmm' date=' looks interessting ;) Gonna check this mate, thanks alot!

Because these sounds do not give in MOD ACEX_SM and thus only 1 mod sound activated?

I do not understand that if I use mods activate one or another sound mod .. Ahem .. ACEX_SM active mod ok, I can activate jsrs_ACE without problems?

Well, I don't know what you mean exactly, but yes, you can load the JSRS ACE folder and the HK416`s and 17`s are getting changed by the mod.

Jarhead

I may be wrong, but it seems the HK416 and HK417 sounds are not in the mods that are managed by Six Updater. Also the link on the front page to the ACE addon for these is dead.

I am downloading the full 1.3 version now to see if they are in there, but it would be good if they could be somehow added to the SixUpdater repository.

Well, I have no idea of Six Up. Sickboy will maybe do this later. Otherwise than that, just use the Directlink for this which is already fixed (1.3 MB)

Jarhead

Well, I have no idea of Six Up. Sickboy will maybe do this later. Otherwise than that, just use the Directlink for this which is already fixed (1.3 MB)

Jarhead

Cheers mate - the full 1.3 just finished downloading when you posted so I have the ACE mods now!

AA-12, HE round. Impact explosion has no sound.

Since the sound is also missing without JSRS I think it's not related.

Since the sound is also missing without JSRS I think it's not related.

He asked for tips on vanilla sounds not modified by his SM, or in this case, the lack of a vanilla sound.

AA-12 HE presumably sounds like any other round hitting dirt.

In vanilla that's how normal HE rounds work, and as a result you die if you're close enough to hear it.

I think wheeled vehicles are too loud on greater distances. LJ, is this your intention/personal-liking or just a side-effect?

Just gave the 1.3 Vehicles an go, really nice work. Dont know if this has been said but the Warrior APC still has the vanilla sounds. When trying some vehicles out iv notice that the ZUS (when in idle mode) it makes an skipping noise, like its trying to go and stop at the same time all while in idle. Liking the tanks sounds, but you cant really hear the tracks as the buzz noise is very loud. Bradly sound is tops you hit the spot on that:biggrin_o: Have to try out more in the wheeled vehicles, im still enjoying 1.2 in most parts (with some 1.3 goods in it). Keep the goods going:ok:

He asked for tips on vanilla sounds not modified by his SM, or in this case, the lack of a vanilla sound.

Yah, you right. I asked about this. Gonna check my Configs and see if I can fix it ;)

I think wheeled vehicles are too loud on greater distances. LJ, is this your intention/personal-liking or just a side-effect?

Well, to be honest: I cannot really get my personal-liking with that. The Config are just to complex to understand everything. But the dinstance entries are just my base. I used more time the same config instad of creating a new one. So I copied most distance entries and so on. In most configs I reworked the distances, but without getting into the game and checking them! Corze its a hell of a timecatch! But I guess I know already what are you talking about. Kamaz, Ural, MTVR and such vehicles are really stupid loud on distance. I rework them.

Does anybody know on wich distance you can hear a Truck or a Humvee? ^^

Just gave the 1.3 Vehicles an go, really nice work. Dont know if this has been said but the Warrior APC still has the vanilla sounds. When trying some vehicles out iv notice that the ZUS (when in idle mode) it makes an skipping noise, like its trying to go and stop at the same time all while in idle. Liking the tanks sounds, but you cant really hear the tracks as the buzz noise is very loud. Bradly sound is tops you hit the spot on that:biggrin_o: Have to try out more in the wheeled vehicles, im still enjoying 1.2 in most parts (with some 1.3 goods in it). Keep the goods going:ok:

And again: I FUCKING HATE THIS CONFIG STUFF DUDE!^^ I tried so many things with that shit. But never get a good result on the tracksounds. I have no idea how to change the values to get them a bit louder. So sry mate, but my knowledge about this was coming to an end, so I just used the basic config entries.

But maybe someone would help me out with that later. Now I have to fix some more Vehicles, adding more vehicles and effects and concentrate on upcoming SM's.

Jarhead

All is good, im sure you will get that config stuff down pat. You got some top sounds, cant wait to see what goods you gots for the next update.

Can be it is necessary to change sounds of shots GP-25 on new, and to change sounds of shots AKSU-74 for more realy

Can be it is necessary to change sounds of shots GP-25 on new, and to change sounds of shots AKSU-74 for more realy

No. :p

Jarhead

well andymcnab, you know... if you dont like certain sounds you can profit by LJ's gift who was making his soundmod completely modable.... If you dislike the sounds, you can easily choose the ones your prefer and thats it!

sorry but was a little bit FPDR ....

I can also report the HK417 sounds are coming in very low behind the muzzle, when in third person and looking behind so the barrel is at front of the screen the sounds seem to be working.

HATE THIS CONFIG STUFF DUDE!^^ I tried so many things with that shit. But never get a good result on the tracksounds. I have no idea how to change the values to get them a bit louder.

Lol, I know the feeling :D But with mixing sound, when you're outta fader juice - lower the rest or add some EQ to the other sounds to allow this sound to cut through better.

Decent amount of gain, then sweep the frequencies to figure out where the problematic ones are, then apply reduction in those frequencies on the other sounds without touching the tracksounds.

Thanks carl.

I decided to let them like they are. Just adding the rest of the vehicles, the fixes and repbo and upload. Then I'm done with JSRS ;)

Jarhead

First of all I want to say thanks LordJarhead for your fantastic mod. It really is amazing how much you improved on BIS's stock sounds. However -and correct me if I'm wrong- wouldn't the UH-1Y have the same sounds as the AH-1Z as their rotors and engines are nearly identical? Thank you for your time and all the best.

Hey mate!

Yah, guess you right. But I used the sound of the UH-1H... Well, I tough UH is UH^^ And the sound of the AH1Z is used from the AH64... So I just made this because I wanted to cover all vehicles with may sounds. But thanks for the Info mate, no onne mentioned this before, so I guess I make a new Sound for AH1Z and UH1Y!

Anyone an video of a AH1 Cobra or the UH1Y? Would help me out a lot...

Thanks mate,

Jarhead

That should be good ask me if you need any others and I'll dig up some more.

Edited by BlackDynamite